The Old XBOX Megathread

zero

So what is Gears Of War Ultimate edition? I got a code to join the beta from xbox live but I didn't see any of E3. Is it a remaster of GoW or a new sequel or what?

Kaney sent me one over but I'm still pending, by all accounts it wont put me in till the next update comes out but ones due fairly soon apparently?

Actually, the Gears and the preview invites via messages made me discover the neat little feature of being able to redeem codes sent via messages. Small touch but saves hassle.

• Like 1

I got two messages from xbl about the beta, with two different codes. Am I supposed to use both or something?

I think one downloads it, one give you access to it. It doesn't make sense, but only one triggered a download for me.

I heard you can't even play with friends on the beta so maybe this LAAAADS things wont pan out.

Got into the preview now, I'm sure these games are bigger than normal. Don't rememeber things like Zuma being like 800mb. Said it also needed to reserve like 4gb of space too aside from the game. Played a little Meat Boy, need to go back and upload my save to the cloud though.

Thinking about Viva Pinata and it's possible reemergence on the back of the Rare collection, with all the Skylanders and Amiibo business nowadays,VP would make a good candidate for MS to get into the NFC stuff. I'm still annoyed they never did VP plushies though, I would so buy a Preztail.

VP plushies was such an obvious move.

I know, right? My ex was obsessed with that game. Any gamerscore I have on that, was her. She loved the hell outta it. She'da bought the whole range of plushies.