The Old XBOX Megathread

zero

It's not. It's got plenty of room around it and has been there for nearly 3 years. I'm actually glad this happened because I can go to GAME on Saturday and swap it for a new one, aswell as buy Fifa 10 and Batman AA with money I just remembered I have on a store card. Woohoo.

Edited by Fudge

If my XBox live Gold subscription is set to auto-renew on a bank card that is expired(on an account that is cancelled), what happens? Does it just fail to renew? Because I got an e-mail saying it had been renewed.

Prepare yourself for a major headache.

If Xbox did indeed say it's been renewed they've processed the transaction through your previous bank. The bank will probably just send you a letter saying you made a payment through a closed account and send you a bill for the damage.

Xbox however is going to suspend your account with this fine message. When it happened to me it was a real bitch to get everything fixed. I called the Xbox support number and they said there was nothing they could do until a added another renewal option. Thus I only use prepaid cards now.

"Your account has been suspended due to a problem with your payment option. Please use a different payment option or update your current information in Account Management."

Prepare yourself for a major headache.

If Xbox did indeed say it's been renewed they've processed the transaction through your previous bank. The bank will probably just send you a letter saying you made a payment through a closed account and send you a bill for the damage.

Xbox however is going to suspend your account with this fine message. When it happened to me it was a real bitch to get everything fixed. I called the Xbox support number and they said there was nothing they could do until a added another renewal option. Thus I only use prepaid cards now.

"Your account has been suspended due to a problem with your payment option. Please use a different payment option or update your current information in Account Management."

I tried removing the old bank card number because I was going to start using prepaid cards(they're cheaper and I think I actually get a discount on them through my job), but it wouldn't let me take it off. I figured it would just be declined because the card is expired.

Had the same issue Mr. Storm.

If you just want to get the bank details off your account you have to call Microsoft. Seems like a burden, but I guess there's some logical reasoning for it somewhere. Surprised it didn't show up as declined. However, if the actual account is still open perhaps that's why. You r debit card can be expired and the account will remain open.

Because it sounded like a fun game, and it is a fun game. Even though it got shit ratings (to be fair, the camera AND graphics are a bit shit), but it is fun. I tried the demo before, and wasn't amazed because it threw you into the heart of things without actually explaining anything.....

It's a fun game, and if you like nazi's, zombies, nazi zombies, and shooting people in a turn-based setting, get this game. Plus! You can play it on XBL somehow.

Had the same issue Mr. Storm.

If you just want to get the bank details off your account you have to call Microsoft. Seems like a burden, but I guess there's some logical reasoning for it somewhere. Surprised it didn't show up as declined. However, if the actual account is still open perhaps that's why. You r debit card can be expired and the account will remain open.

I went to that bank and closed the account in person some time ago. But I called Microsoft last night and according to the two guys I talked to, the renewal was cancelled and hadn't actually been taken out yet, so I should be good.