The Old XBOX Megathread

zero

I am enjoying Star Ocean, even with the impossible achievements (10, 20, ect % battle trophies. There are 800!).....but yes, love the item creation system, which is cool.

And Maxx, that boss was a bitch, but it didn't leave me completely crippled.

That may not be the case soon :shifty:

And if I do get rid of it, don't complain as there isn't a single person on the board who'd reccomend the new Star Ocean over Chrono Trigger.

Ruki, if you're going to go around calling yourself Ruki The Treasure Hunter, I demand a more accurate avatar depiction of the name.

I suggest this:

RukiHunter.jpg

So, today we get the Chronicles of Riddick: something something something (Anthea something, presumably not Turner) demo. A pleasant suprise, I don't recall hearing a demo was due. As far as I understand, this is supposed to be a remake of an original Xbox title which gained quite a bit of praise.

My impressions though, meh. I had no clue what the hell was going on since I have seen neither of the Riddick movies (there is 2, right?) and the demo does little to fill you in on what's happening. Vin Disiel's voice acting is shitty but thankfully he shut up after the first minute or so. The gameplay seems kinda slow, I think sprinting is confined to multiplayer only which seems kinda weird. The controls are touch slow too with right stick aiming being a tad lethargic. Picking weapons is kinda like Saints Row with it's wheel thing, the crosshair seems slightly hesitant to actually move to the weapon you want to pick but a flick with the right stick in it's general direction generally gives you the desired results. There's supposed to be a quick select using left and right on the d-pad that only made me put away my gun and then fail to get it out again.

It's kind of weird to play a game without super regenerating health, you have 4 little block things as a life bar and you can go down fairly quickly. There are med stations on the wall that can refill your health. They seem to take little card things which you can pick up and put in any machines you come across that need recharging. The game uses a leaning system that lets you peak around from behind cover with your gun to get a few shots off.

Overall, meh. Demo has done anything to interest me in the game.