The Old XBOX Megathread

zero

Mirror's Edge is pretty badass, The Orange Box is a goddamn steal if you can find it used/cheaper than retail price. GTA IV + Lost & Damned isn't a bad combo at all if you're into GTA. Also, Fallout 3 + Operation: Anchorage will consume your entire world, I can almost guarantee that.

I hated Saints Row 2, personally. Worst game I own, right next to Ninety-Nine Nights, probably. I played Skate 2 at a friends apartment, who is a bigtime skater. Myself, I'm so used to the Tony Hawk games that the control scheme of Skate is really hard to get used to. But it's a really good game, not alot of tricks from what I could see, but the environments are pretty cool, and the AI is funny most of the time (gotten punched, pushed down, tazed, etc.)

anything that involves shooting stuff that isn't just a clusterfuck of random killings

I think Left 4 Dead was one of the games I was looking at so I might pick that up

These don't really work together. L4D is one massive clusterfuck after another, it's what makes it so tense and fun.

anything that involves shooting stuff that isn't just a clusterfuck of random killings

I think Left 4 Dead was one of the games I was looking at so I might pick that up

These don't really work together. L4D is one massive clusterfuck after another, it's what makes it so tense and fun.

After watching a video of the gameplay, I don't think it is my thing... Glad you pointed that out before I ordered it.

Customisation wasn't something I particularly gave too much of a shit about in SA, and big islands = fun IMO, so yeah, coupled with the L&D package, I'll probably get GTA even if it's only because I've finished the rest of the series.

I think I'm looking at Burnout, GTA (although I might pick this up in a couple of months rather than now), RS:Vegas 1 and I think my lass has bought me Mirror's Edge (which I hadn't heard of until she said she'd bought me it, so I'm glad Tristy thinks it's good :shifty: although from the videos it just seems to be some chick doing a lot of running and jumping). I'll probably pick up Fallout 3 within a few weeks too.

Cheers guys, your more helpful than my mates at college who's advice was "Get COD and FIFA", "I already have COD and FIFA on the Wii", "It'll be different", "The controls will be, but the game will be pretty much the same", "Nah, you need you get COD and FIFA" <_<

CoD Wii probably doesn't have multiplayer which is like a whole other game.

It does (assuming you mean online) but it's not as comprehensive as PS3/Xbox versions but its hardly terrible either - it's certainly not worth buying the game twice for. If you mean offline multiplayer, there is a multiplayer campaign but player 2 is just an extra gun really (IIRC), not sure what it's like on 360/PS3 offline. But yeah, it's obviously better on 360 but I'd rather get a new game...

The city's too big? I'm pretty sure that's a good thing.

It would be if they did anything with it other than giving you a taxi to skip through it all.

Mirror's Edge is ace, it's caught a fair bit of flack from the gaming press (mainly for trying to do something a bit different rather than being genuinely shite), but it's one of the better looking and unique titles on the console.

The whole "city too big" thing is why I never got too far in San Andreas. I had no desire to spend so much time driving across the huge world to do one mission, then going all the way back to do the next one.

The taxi feature in GTA IV makes the huge city feel easy to navigate. I am just so bad with the helicopter that I haven't been able to finish the game.

No one has played it since about a week after it came out. :shifty:

That said, i've had a standing offer to do some Horde mode for quite some time now so maybe we could rustle up some people for that.

IT'S COMING

2AM GMT

9PM EST

Something o'clock for whatever time zone you're in (work it out yourselves)

HALO 3, BITCHES! Be there, be square.