The Old XBOX Megathread

zero

I'm so sick of GTA IV having the words and icons being cut off on the right side of the screen. When a mission is loading, I can only see half (if that) of the title, and I can barely see how much cash I have, or the weapons.

I've fucked around with my TV and the 360 settings, setting them both to 1080i, and nothing changes. I'm starting to get pissed.

Might be a stupid question, but do you actually have an HD cable? Either a VGA/HDMI cable, as I believe that's the only way to actually fully edit the display settings. If you're using the regular RGB component cables on an HDTV, you're not going to be able to adjust the aspect ratio, a message will even pop up telling you that if you try.

At least that was the problem I had before I bought a VGA cable.

Yeah I don't have either apparently. My TV won't accept those.

Halo 3 is back, we play more. Yes. yes.gif

THIS. I was top killer on our team like twice last night. That NEVER happens.

Also, guy should get Halo, Left 4 Dead, Skate 2, Saints Row 2, Crackdown, Gears 1 and/or 2, Burnout Paradise, Pure and Dead Space. Avoid GTA.

Care to narrow down the scope by giving us some vague genres that might interest you?

Pretty much anything. Not too fussed on sport games (I'll probably end up buying FIFA/PES but that'll be it), other than that I'll play almost anything. Some of my favourite games from when I had an Xbox (original) were GTA:SA, Halo 1, Rainbow Six 3 & 4. Basically anything that involves shooting stuff that isn't just a clusterfuck of random killings (Resident Evil).

Also, Dragsy, why avoid GTA? Is it just because of how short it is, because that doesn't really bother me since I could probably pick it up for about £20.

I think Left 4 Dead was one of the games I was looking at so I might pick that up and I'll probably get Burnout since I love the series. Any "lighter" games I could pick up to go with it? Something like Sonic or whatever, but not Sonic since I already have that on Wii.

Also, what's Pure? Just a regular racing game where you can do tricks to earn speed boosts, the wiki entry is a bit vague.

You could check out Vegas 1 and or 2 if you like RS.

Are they any good? I've heard people say they're rubbish - then again I don't know if these people like the series in the first place.

You could check out Vegas 1 and or 2 if you like RS.

Are they any good? I've heard people say they're rubbish - then again I don't know if these people like the series in the first place.

All the reviews I've seen for Vegas 2 are good. X-Play gave it 4/5, Eurogamer 7/10, Gamespot 8.5/10, IGN 8.4/10 etc