The Old XBOX Megathread

zero

Vaguely on the topic of L4D, does it not show up for anyone else on the dashboard's 'Game Library' thing? That is to say the initial button/tab thing that has the boxart for the last 3 games you've played. Like right now my last 3 played are GoW2, PES2008 and L4D. It has GoW2 in the middle, PES2008 to the left but nothing on the right. Not a major thing but it annoys me slightly.

I'm so sick of GTA IV having the words and icons being cut off on the right side of the screen. When a mission is loading, I can only see half (if that) of the title, and I can barely see how much cash I have, or the weapons.

I've fucked around with my TV and the 360 settings, setting them both to 1080i, and nothing changes. I'm starting to get pissed.

Vaguely on the topic of L4D, does it not show up for anyone else on the dashboard's 'Game Library' thing? That is to say the initial button/tab thing that has the boxart for the last 3 games you've played. Like right now my last 3 played are GoW2, PES2008 and L4D. It has GoW2 in the middle, PES2008 to the left but nothing on the right. Not a major thing but it annoys me slightly.

I have that sometimes though I'm not sure it's just L4D, I think I've had it with other games as well.

I'm so sick of GTA IV having the words and icons being cut off on the right side of the screen. When a mission is loading, I can only see half (if that) of the title, and I can barely see how much cash I have, or the weapons.

I've fucked around with my TV and the 360 settings, setting them both to 1080i, and nothing changes. I'm starting to get pissed.

Have you messed with your TV zoom settings? Mine can be in normal(which is the square 4:3 format), wide, and cinema. Wide puts everything in widescreen and Cinema does a more zoomed in widescreen that cuts the edges off of everything. That may be what your problem is.

According to joystiq.com , 50 Cent was recently promoting his new game, 50 Cent: Blood on the Sand, when talk turned to Saints Row…

"My relationship with THQ, you'll see Saints Row. I'm optioning the rights for that right now."

It looks like 50 is determined to get Saints Row to the big screen.

Needs more Johnny.

Might be a stupid question, but do you actually have an HD cable? Either a VGA/HDMI cable, as I believe that's the only way to actually fully edit the display settings. If you're using the regular RGB component cables on an HDTV, you're not going to be able to adjust the aspect ratio, a message will even pop up telling you that if you try.

At least that was the problem I had before I bought a VGA cable.