The Old XBOX Megathread

zero

Well, if you don't see the point in skating games, then no, you're not going to be interested. The best thing about the original Skate was that since the TH series had been run into the ground, it was a breath of fresh air with a really innovative control system. Skate 2 isn't going to live up to that, but it's still a quality game, even if the off-the-board stuff is horrible. It's definitely superior to the Tony Hawk's games, so if you're going to check out a skating game, I'd definitely recommend it.

Well, if you don't see the point in skating games, then no, you're not going to be interested. The best thing about the original Skate was that since the TH series had been run into the ground, it was a breath of fresh air with a really innovative control system. Skate 2 isn't going to live up to that, but it's still a quality game, even if the off-the-board stuff is horrible. It's definitely superior to the Tony Hawk's games, so if you're going to check out a skating game, I'd definitely recommend it.

Seriously. I'd have sworn EA had made a game in which your character walks before, but apparently not.

Definitely £15.

Nope, it was £25.

In unrelated news, a kid who was about 3 foot nothing asked me to buy The Club for him as the Gamestation staff refused to believe he was 15. He'd swapped the price sticker with one pricing it at £5. The GS girl spotted it instantly and I laughed. I assume this thing happens a lot? >_>

Anyway. I can has Burnout games with you guys?

Definitely £15.

Nope, it was £25.

In unrelated news, a kid who was about 3 foot nothing asked me to buy The Club for him as the Gamestation staff refused to believe he was 15. He'd swapped the price sticker with one pricing it at £5. The GS girl spotted it instantly and I laughed. I assume this thing happens a lot? >_>

Anyway. I can has Burnout games with you guys?

Maybes your stupid Scottish store has jacked up the price. When were you in? I had to check on Thursday for some old guy who was buying it for his son, was £14.99, I remember because it's odd for a game to be the same price new and preowned.

We can has Burnout games, but I will be mostly playing Skate this weekend.

Is that £25 new or pre-owned? It's about £15 pre-owned on Amazon and Play Trade so buy it there.

And what about the off the board stuff is so horrible Dragsy? I imagined it would be good, being able to move ramps and stuff anywhere should allow for lots of possibilities.

I need a new game so I picked up Gears of War 2 today. Not really got much clue what it's mean to be about, something about locust <_<

Never played the first game. Yet to actually play this as I've been doing family related things that need done. I heard it's good and I'd imagine I'll enjoy it. Plus it seems quite popular so its always good to have an online game when other people have it :)

Once I get home from work, unless I've gone out I'll be willing to basically play anything. And on Skate 2, it's fucking great. Yes, you move incredibly awkwardly when off the board but moving and setting up objects still works and it plays virtually the exact same as Skate. Zero, I'd say rent it simply for the experience of playing a rather 'fresh' skating game. Don't get frustrated by the control scheme right away, though. If you've no interest in skating games, don't run out to go buy it, but at least consider it. Also, don't go into it expecting to really have many goals. It's very much like real skating, where a sense of accomplishment comes from finding a rad spot and just hitting it as many ways as you can for an hour.

Oh, and the bails can be fucking hilarious.

Gears of War 2ers, I want people's gamertags. I can't say I'm any good, as my total time playing this game is completing the basic training stuff but I figure I'll get better at the deep end playing with some better players.

So, gamertags and/or add me - harvey235safc - if you're too lazy to look 2 inches below or don't have sigs on. Cheers. :)

And from now on I fully expect not to be 3 months behind everyone in terms of getting games. So God knows if GW2 is still a regular occurrence or not but hey, if it's not lets all remember how good this game (apparently) is. (Not had enough time to decide for myself but it seems good, if not a bit complex at times trying to remember all the buttons). Not to mention the annoyance of shooting down an enemy who is behind cover, then you don't know whether they're dead or crawling and about to be revived. I do love charging over and executing them though, makes me all warm and tingly inside. :)