The Old XBOX Megathread

zero

There's only one complaint I have, and that's that the thread isn't called "ZA XBAWKZ UBER-MEGA SUPER///FUN MEGARZTHREAD SPECTACULAR!"

Seriously, don't mind the change that much. Also wanted to get in on the Halo 3 action last night, but by the time I found my disc the rest of you guys were playing Saints Row, ya bastards.

At least you got a game. I was sitting in a lobby on CoD4 trying to connect while Fitzy and Kulex taunted me with their game-playing. I haven't rolled with the Saints Row gang in ages. Or played Halo, but Halo sucks >_>

There's only one complaint I have, and that's that the thread isn't called "ZA XBAWKZ UBER-MEGA SUPER///FUN MEGARZTHREAD SPECTACULAR!"

Seriously, don't mind the change that much. Also wanted to get in on the Halo 3 action last night, but by the time I found my disc the rest of you guys were playing Saints Row, ya bastards.

Yeah, I played liek 4 games with them, and they were like, "Man this game sucks, SAINT'S ROW!" The bastards :shifty:

And I was still playin :(

GAMERTAG GET: VictoryisBoring

Go Avatar references that nobody will get and instead will think that I'm incredibly conceited despite my complete lack of skill. W-woooo.

I hate my internet now for a variety of reasons besides the fact that it's free. It's a wireless network that the apartment complex offers to us for free, and the only way to get to it is to connect through a router. This of course forces the NAT settings to be moderate instead of open, and I can't port forward or change the router settings because the main router is in the office and they have it password protected.

I'm just going to pay an extra 25-30 a month for Qwest or something other like that, have them install it, and hopefully that will resolve my problems. Until then, I shall mourn as you guys play games together.

Try accessing their router with the user and password both as 'admin.' Surprising how rarely places change their default settings.

EDIT: Ellis has reminded me that sometimes the user field needs to be left blank. It could also just be 'user.'

Edited by Dragsy 7-0

Despite the fact it had about 18 posts on the 31st regarding games and the console itself? It's barely past midday in america and it's just about entering prime gaming time for us in the UK and some of europe (especially since I'm sure a lot of people work the Saturday shift). Instead of posting "this is dead now" how about posting something constructive that can be discussed?

Speaking of which, when I get my X-Box with GTA, I need to decide what games to get with it, I usually get a trio of games and since GTA will be one, what do you all suggest as the other two? I tend to enjoy RPG's and 'adventure' games, and whilst I do like FPS' I'm not that great at them so I'd rather not have more than one, which means do I get GoW or do I get Halo 3? From what I gather once you've played one Halo you've played them all, but it IS the franchise player of the console.

Mass Effect is a fantastic third person RPG, and I'd recommend it over Gears purely because I doubt you'd get as many people still playing Gears now that CoD and Halo are out. Both are fantastic, Gears is pure head on shooting though, Mass Effect is more of an RPG.

I'd also recommend Dead Rising since it's the best zombie game ever made, in my opinion. Bioshock is good, though it's FP. Saints Row is good though it might be too similar to GTA.