EWB Band 100 III Results

Jook

I like Greenday. There a great band, or they were. I'm not that fond of their American idiot phase. I prefer their music from '94-'00.

I'm glad they made it high, it's a bit disappointing that they got higher than Queen and Beatles, but I'm not complaining.

I'm guessing Top 4 are Oasis, Metallic, RHCP and Coldplay.

Oasis are cocky, but do make great music.

RHCP are great, one of my current favorites. May not be in 2 years though.

Metallica is a good band, would probably rank in my top 20 or top 25.

Coldplay are pretty good.

• Replies 473
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Green Day are shite. Always were, always will be.

But then again, it's EWB's FAVOURITE band, so I can't really argue at their inclusion, as they are popular. I just find them to be one of those bands who have always been overrated (Not only since "American Idiot"...which I find to be one of the most overrated songs of all time...and don't get me started on the 'classic' "Jesus Of Suburbia"). I'm not happy about it, but yeah, I'll live.

I'm still a little bummed that the votes weren't re-tallied...after a few fuck-ups (as it wasn't as though Strung Out had 10 points....16 GOD DAMN IT...hahaah)...but that'd mean starting the list again, so meh. I can't aruge with the potential top 3 either.

And as someone mentioned Breaking Benjamin in here (Or somewhere else...I think it was here). Your random wrestling related fact of the day. Becky Bayless left Jimmy Jacobs for the lead singer of Breaking Benjamin....or so the word is/was.

Edited by Mr. Kurt McKenna

I don't get how everyone can shit all over Green Day, but do nothing but suck the white off of the Red Hot Chili Peppers' cocks in the next sentence. They're both ridiculously overrated bands, the only difference is the Chili Peppers haven't enjoyed the recent backlash Green Day has gotten. They're practically the same band in my world, a few catchy tunes, a bunch of mediocre ones, and a ton of really really horrible/overplayed ones. Easily two of the most overrated bands in history.

I don't get how everyone can shit all over Green Day, but do nothing but suck the white off of the Red Hot Chili Peppers' cocks in the next sentence. They're both ridiculously overrated bands, the only difference is the Chili Peppers haven't enjoyed the recent backlash Green Day has gotten. They're practically the same band in my world, a few catchy tunes, a bunch of mediocre ones, and a ton of really really horrible/overplayed ones. Easily two of the most overrated bands in history.

I think of RHCP and Green Day in the exact same manner; they made some good stuff in the 90s and became very hit or miss at around the time we headed into this decade. The only difference is that RHCP's recent stuff isn't as wanky and obnoxious as "American Idiot."

Thank You. Clearly neither will ever touch Metallica in terms of.... GREATNESS! *crazy eyes*

Oh, the ironing, it is delicious.

Thank You. Clearly neither will ever touch Metallica in terms of.... GREATNESS! *crazy eyes*

Just wondering, am I the only person who put Sum 41 in their Top 10?

You may well be the only person on EWB who even still listens to Sum 41, to be entirely honest. They haven't been particularly relevant for years now.

... wow. I just realized how long it's been since Sum 41 first got popular. Jesus.

I listen to Sum 41. "All Killer No Filler" is fucking immense. Granted they've gotten more 'talented' as time has went on, but nothing beats that album for feel good, catchy tunes. Supposadely since the strong link in the band (the guitarist) has left, they're going back to "All Killer No Filler" like songs. That 'trend' has been and gone, but I've been craving some music like that for a while, with Sugarcult, New Found Glory and even Alien Ant Farm's latest releases, scaring away from the happy feel good kind of stuff (Well...for the most part). I want 'high tempo' pop-punk stuff biatches.

And next year can we count votes correctly? :shifty: I'm pissed off as the other Strung Out fan around here only seems to post once in a blue moon, he might not be around this time next year. :(

And I agree with the RHCP hit & miss analogy. I like them. But I'd never list them as one of my favourite bands.

Edited by Mr. Kurt McKenna

Yeah, I don't get the RHCP love either. I mean, I like them, but to think they are anything other than a band with a few good albums and a LOT of hit and miss (kinda like someone suggested with Metallica) bemuses me.

I'm saying this in reference to Zero's point more than anything (....basically agreeing with it).