The Comic Book Thread (spoilers)

Your Mom

One issue of Hawkeye down and I already want this to be a TV show.

It would be an amazing TV show. I'd vote late night animated series on FX or somewhere with a heavy Cowboy Bebop influence.

Has anyone used comiXology? They have free comic pdfs but you have to put in credit card info, so I wanted to check with people first. I think I found it through the Weekly Longbox with Leonard F. Chikarason, so I assume it's legit, but I wanted to ask here first.

Has anyone used comiXology? They have free comic pdfs but you have to put in credit card info, so I wanted to check with people first. I think I found it through the Weekly Longbox with Leonard F. Chikarason, so I assume it's legit, but I wanted to ask here first.

I have like 300 issues through them. Total legit. I love it and I can have a ton of stories without taking up a ton of room. Plus they have awesome sales.

I have like 300 issues through them. Total legit. I love it and I can have a ton of stories without taking up a ton of room. Plus they have awesome sales.

Thanks!

I got a Comixology account a few weeks ago. They have some nice free issues here and there, along with some good 99 cents deals on occasion. I got all three parts of Superman:Red Son for about three bucks. I still prefer print, but some of the deals are worth it.

Issue 3 of Hawkeye was wonderful. I didn't like the art when I was just glancing over it, but I absolutely love it now. Acquired a digital copy of issue #6 too.

Just read East of West #4. Best issue so far, and that means a lot when each issue has been fantastic. Between this and Ten Grand, I am finally getting into non superhero stuff.

Anyone reading Avengers Arena?

Pretty much begrudgingly. I download instead of buy because fuck supporting that book.

"I know you guys really grew attached to these character from these smaller series that you supported, but they didn't make us any money, SO WE'RE GONNA FUCKING KILL THEM TO CASH IN ON THE HUNGER GAMES!"

Anyone reading Avengers Arena?

No. Fuck that shit.

I am reading Young Avengers, which is fantastic and funny and charming and not emotional blackmail.

Yeah, it's rad. Most of the surviving members are in it, though Speed doesn't show up until the second arc and Patriot hasn't appeared-ish. Plus Kid Loki. Kid Loki is delightful.

I read the first issue and loved Arcade ... but haven't bothered with anything else ... Given my general not giving a shit about many of the characters involved (I mean when Darkhawk is your favorite ....) I'll probably get the TPB.