The Comic Book Thread (spoilers)

Your Mom

I like the voice a lot more than the one from the Deadpool game. It also reminded me of concussed Killface from Frisky Dingo, always a good thing.

Comics-wise, so Hawkeye is good? I'm thinking about grabbing the first volume.

Spider-Man recently started a series where it's Dr. Octopus in Spidey's body called Superior Spider-Man. It's pretty good if you can get past the whole "FUCK YOU PETER PARKER" thing that Marvel does with it. Captain America's latest Marvel Now run might be worth looking into, the idea is that it's a self contained story about Cap being thrown into an alternate dimension where he's all alone. Wolverine started a new comic too, but I haven't heard anything about that yet.

Daredevil is considered one of the best Marvel NOW current runs apparently, but I've yet to check it out as it's quite far in. There's also Daredevil: End of Days that I've got a few issues of, that's supposed to be incredible. Don't know about anything Punisher is in other than Thunderbolts, which has become pretty much the worst.

There's a Venom standalone series that's supposed to be pretty good, but what I've seen hasn't really caught my interest.

If you're just getting into Marvel, it might be worth torrenting the Ultimate Marvel Collection. That's actually what helped me get into regular Marvel and comics in general. It's a take on the Marvel Universe from the beginning, with some of the classic stories over the years being condensed and reimagined. Ultimate Peter Parker/Spider-Man is also one of my favorite series, so there's that too.

Loving Ultimate Spider-Man.

I work in a comic book store. The trade for the current run of Hawkeye is the easiest sell in the store. We can't keep it on the shelves, it's such a fun read that we recommend to everyone.

Did you start from the very start, Kirkles? Try not to let it get ruined for you, there's some big twists.

If you're enjoying that, I definitely recommend Ultimate Fantastic Four. Totally got me interested in the franchise. And knowing Matt Fraction wrote a bunch of it? I need to find that.

• Like 1

I work in a comic book store. The trade for the current run of Hawkeye is the easiest sell in the store. We can't keep it on the shelves, it's such a fun read that we recommend to everyone.

The shop I go to had 2 copies, but I found it on Amazon for cheaper. They're also got back issues from #7 to the current issue, so I guess that means I need to track down #6 or wait for Vol. 2

Man, you can almost always find shit cheaper on Amazon.

But if you have a locally owned store that isn't jacking up the prices because they're dicks, you should buy from them and support local business.

The only reason I order off of Amazon is because my local comic shop adds about $10 to the cover price of all trades, knowing they are the only place in town.

Wow's that's fucked up. Shop I go to honors cover price on trades, but I'll be buying up all their back issues of Hawkeye and adding it to my box, so they'll get my money soon enough.

Someone help me find Hawkeye #6 for close to cover price. I'm taking everyone's word that it's great, stashed the last copies of #7 and #8 the store had in my sub-box today.

Ha, there was an Art Bell reference in Ultimate Spiderman. That was a cool little surprise while reading.

Only annoying thing about Ultimate Spider-Man is I don't know when I should be reading Ultimate Marvel Team-Up issues. I just got to a point where Peter mentions having met Wolverine so I know should have at least read the first by now.

http://cmro.travis-starnes.com/index.php

Does this help at all? I've been reading old X-Men comics from the start (don't ask how...) and its been really handy to know when it starts overlapping New Mutants etc, its got a separate bit for the Ultimate universe, although I've never looked at that bit.

Edited by Colly
  • Like 1