NFL 06/07 Talk

Guest Mighty Mighty Bosstown

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd take Brady, I like Super Bowls.

Right now the Lions are up 3-0, and just recovered a Michael Vick fumble. One thing I have to complain about is two obvious missed pass interference calls by the refs. One where the Falcon defender blatantly wrapped an arm around Roy Williams and knocked him down in the end zone. The other being on Ashley Lelie in an obvious offensive pass interference. I can't see how the refs missed both of those calls as they were blatant.

Edit - Kevin Jones goes untouched, about a 35 yard TD run. 10-0, go Lions.

(Don't get your hopes up, the 4th quarter will be the downfall of the defense.)

Edited by VerbalPuke

You want to complain about pass interference calls? I'm watching Dallas and Washington, and they flagged Anthony Henry for it on Antwon Randal El. Normally, I'd have agreed with the call if it wasn't for the fact that Brunell overthrew the ball and there was no way in hell he would have caught it anyway.

Why do the Lions coaching staff consistently make stupid decisions? You have 4 and inches near the goaline, and instead of just pounding the ball, they try some stupid pass that goes nowhere. If we got stuffed on the run I could deal with that, but the pass play was just a fucking bonehead call. I agreed with going for it, when you're 1-6, and have had a losing record for the last six years, what's there to lose?

Throughout the course of history, Lions play calling continues to baffle fans throughout Michigan.

Where was the flag for the hold on Griffin? He was practically being choked, I'm just glad the ball went a cm too far or I would have been livid if that had been a completion.

To be fair to Dallas there playing better since they looked second best for much of the first quarter since Washington were playing well on both sides. But the poor snap that led to the fumble shot us in the foot. Also it isn't exactly hard to drive against our secondary but still. It's a good back and forth match.

Go Lions!

Man, that 4th quarter collapse I gut wrenchingly expect never came. Instead the Lions played like a good football team should and did all the right things. The defense played tough, the offense moved the ball when they needed to, we got big plays out of our stars (fuck you DeAngello Hall, Roy Williams made you his bitch today), and the coaching staff did well with their play calling.

Keep in mind that the Detroit defensive line played very good today without 3 of our 4 starters (James Hall, Shaun Rogers, and Shaun Cody were all out today).

All in all, I'm impressed with todays victory. With the next three games being San Francisco, Arizona, and Miami (Joey Harrington returns to Ford Field on Thanksgiving, brilliant storyline), the Lions could conceivably put together a little winning streak and be 5-6 heading into the meeting with New England.

Look out Chicago..the Lions are coming back! :shifty:

True, and Drew Stanton is another guy that might be considered. Jon Kitna would be a great tutor to any of those young QB's, he seemed to work wonders for Hassleback and Palmer as their mentor.

On the other hand, I'd rather win. I believe the Lions should be building the defense through the draft, and that drafting a QB is the wrong move for this team. I'd rather see us finish strong than tank it for a QB, as opposed to finishing decent and maybe getting an outstanding pass rusher in the draft.

Edited by VerbalPuke

True, and Drew Stanton is another guy that might be considered. Jon Kitna would be a great tutor to any of those young QB's, he seemed to work wonders for Hassleback and Palmer as their mentor.

On the other hand, I'd rather win. I believe the Lions should be building the defense through the draft, and that drafting a QB is the wrong move for this team. I'd rather see us finish strong than tank it for a QB, as opposed to finishing decent and maybe getting an outstanding pass rusher in the draft.