NFL 06/07 Talk

Guest Mighty Mighty Bosstown

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What a dirty cheapshot on Trent Green. Robert Geathers should be suspended!

He was going to make a hit on a sliding Trent Green whether he was blocked or not!

What a cheapshot! The Chiefs would've won if Trent Green had been in there!

Sorry I had to hear it all last year. Now it's my turn.

EDIT: For the record, before someone brings it up...just like the Kimo hit on Carson, the Geathers hit on Green wasn't dirty.

Edited by Livid

He was going to make a hit on a sliding Trent Green whether he was blocked or not!

EDIT: For the record, before someone brings it up...just like the Kimo hit on Carson, the Geathers hit on Green wasn't dirty.

Who said it was a dirty hit last year? I thought it was pretty obviously VOH was falling backwards.

Only because Seattle has sunken to their level.

Yeah because holding Shaun Alexander to 51 yards on 19 carries isn't the showing of something strong at all.

And the five sacks were also fairly impressive, especially with Seattle's O-Line.

Problem is, the offense didn't come through. The Lions O-Line didn't give Kitna enough time and he was constantly under pressure. As usualy the Lions found a stupid way to lose, which in reference to the Kitna/Bryson mix up that would have been an easy first down if Bryson pays attention.

Oh well. It was an encouraging game, and I love watching a stifling defense. I think if our defense plays this way for sixteen games then we are a playoff team. There are no moral victories in a loss for me, but I can say in confidence that our defense was great today. Too bad it couldn't yield the win.

Edit - One more thing, the Linebackers looked good. Swarming to the ball, gang tackling, and no missed tackles like in years before. The rookie Ernie Sims looked awesome, very agressive, and fast as hell. I am absolutely confident that he is going to be a great LB, and it'll happen sooner than later. Seven solo tackles and two assisted is a nice way to start off your NFL career.

Edited by VerbalPuke

Oh seriously, shut the fuck up.

Point is, Bengals would have won had Carson not gotten hurt, so you're whining about people saying the truth just makes you look like a bitter jackass.

And for the record, it's not like the 49ers have a very good defense to begin with.

Yeah, Carson Palmer plays defense.

Because watching one of the best QBs in the NFL and the leader of your team get carted in the first minutes of your first playoff game in over a decade has absolutely no effect on the rest of the team... Carson's injury took the Bengals out of the game, simple as that. I'm not saying the Bengals would have won, but the odds were ridiculously greater had he not been injured.

And the Steelers do play dirty, but it makes the game more interesting. Steelers are a great team to hate, and if you're from Pittsburgh, a great team to love.

Wow, can the Cowboys you know actually cover Matt Jones? I mean, he's their only receiving weapon and yet the Cowboys aren't smart enough to think DUN DUN DUN that they might just throw it to him as they just did four times in a row. I must give the Jags credit, though, cause that last drive was slick and I'm glad Freddy Taylor is still awesome.

The Browns didnt play well in the first half that is for sure but once they started going through Winslow they were able to start moving, without a couple key mistakes, the Browns pull of the win. Frye may not be the NFL best QB but he is better then what we have had and if it wasnt for his speed then he would have easily been sacked a couple more times, the Oline defiantly needs to play better if we are to go anywhere this season but that really isnt anything new. There also was a holy shit moment when Winslow one-handed that pass in the end zone that could have possibly been a TD but was called incomplete, the fact that he caught it and even had a chance at catching it was unreal. I not happy with the loss but I am encouraged by the weapons that we are starting to develop on offense and I am looking forward to the game next week againts the Bengals. The D showed glimpses of good play including the goal line stand they had. I am not expecting the playoffs this year, I think we are a year away from them depending on how Frye and some of the guys on the defense develop, this team will be somewhere around .500.

Yeah, Carson Palmer plays defense.

Because watching one of the best QBs in the NFL and the leader of your team get carted in the first minutes of your first playoff game in over a decade has absolutely no effect on the rest of the team... Carson's injury took the Bengals out of the game, simple as that. I'm not saying the Bengals would have won, but the odds were ridiculously greater had he not been injured.

And the Steelers do play dirty, but it makes the game more interesting. Steelers are a great team to hate, and if you're from Pittsburgh, a great team to love.

Well there's good things that came out of the game today for the 49ers and bad things.

Good things: the offense

Bad things: the defense

Yeah, pretty much sums up what happened today. Oh and I predict Alex Smith to continue having a very solid season, especially under the guidance of Norv Turner (a great, great coordinator and QB coach).