NFL 06/07 Talk

Guest Mighty Mighty Bosstown

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nah, it stretches the money out over a long period of time and they won't have to give him all of it cause he'll be cut in a year or two

The replacement, Floyd "Porkchop" Womack I believe, is a decent replacement for Hutchinson. I actually watched the Seahawks games last year and Alexander in one game actually rushed for more yards going to the right than to the left. Seattle has a very good offensive line that has always been recognized for it's left side because of Hutch and Jones. Alexander will still be able to run to the left and the right, and with Hasselbeck being able to audible(one of which allowed Mack Strong to pick up 30 plus yards), they'll be fine offensively. The defense should be actually better than last year since we are drafting players who may be undersized but are fast, smart, and fly all over the field.

Anything less than a trip to the NFC championship game would be heartbreaking this year.

EDIT: Very glad to see some of the players sign, and I really do hope the Cowboys do awesome this year.

Edited by Ekin Jones

Guest Bosstown Boy

Anyone else hear how Reggie Bush might holdout all season and re-enter the NFL Draft next year? I think it's all talk, but that'd be awful for Reggie. I liked him, too.

The Browns have to have the worst luck of any team in the NFL right now, draft bust after draft bust, then Winslow decides to fly of his motorcycle and Braylon tears his ACL last year and of course on just the secound day of traning camp when most of the teams arent even in camp year LeCharles Bently arguably one of the top centers in the NFL tears a tendon in his knee and is gone for the season. Of course it had to be a top free agent which Cleveland doesnt get a whole lot and a hometown guy at the least. I am just waiting for the Cleveland Browns team flight to crash on the way to a game :ohwell: This is just another reason why it sucks to be a Cleveland sports fan, yet for some stupid reason I will countiue cause that is just the way i am.

This may have came out like a rant but I can believe that something like this happened before we(Cleveland Browns fans) actually got to see this team perform so this already puts a damper on the season.

Because he guarenteed money is what matters in the NFL. The rest of the contract is a technicallity and most players never see the all the money from the contracts they sign.

They just need to give Bush as much guarenteed money as Young had, maybe a little more, and he'll sign. The Saints should be paying out the ass for this guy anyways, as he can potentially pull the team out of the shitter finally.

Anyone want to justify why Tom Brady is listed as the #1 Fantasy QB in Sports Illustrated this year? I don't care how good QB he is, he's never been a spectacular fantasy QB and there's no way that this year will be any different.

Guest Bosstown Boy

Anyone want to justify why Tom Brady is listed as the #1 Fantasy QB in Sports Illustrated this year? I don't care how good QB he is, he's never been a spectacular fantasy QB and there's no way that this year will be any different.

Thats because he doens't have 3 solid recievers. Branch might be in camp now, but who knows if he'll stay there, plus its not like he's a top tier WR, SI has him ranked #32 among recievers. Troy Brown's not on the list and neither is Chad Jackson, who's an unproven rookie. For every Larry Fitzgerald there's a David Terrell, you can't count on rookie recievers to be productive in their first year.

2 Best TE's in the leauge? I wasn't aware the Patriots traded for Tony Gonzalez or Jeremy Shockey or Jason Witten or Alge Crumpler or Todd Heap or Antonio Gates. Ben Watson might be breakout this year, but I wouldn't consider him one of the best TE's in the leauge. And Daniel Graham definately isn't.

So can anyone who ISN'T a devout New England sports fan justify Brady's placement.

Bosstown Boy, you make me hate living in New England and the Patriots just a little bit more. :P

Edited by Maxx

Guest Bosstown Boy

Breaking news from ESPN: Reggie Bush and New Orleans Saints agree to six-year deal.

$20 says he asks for more money after two seasons. -_-

Thats because he doens't have 3 solid recievers. Branch might be in camp now, but who knows if he'll stay there, plus its not like he's a top tier WR, SI has him ranked #32 among recievers. Troy Brown's not on the list and neither is Chad Jackson, who's an unproven rookie.

How is referencing the Patriots/Panthers super bowl proof that Branch and Brady are a great tandem.

Watch any Colts game and you'll see that Manning gels with his recievers better than anyone.

Plus that reference was from 3 years ago. Take the Panthers and the Pats this past season. Which tandem was more successful together?

Smith led the leauge in TDs. That shoots down your arguement.

The Pats offense can't make anyone a stud reciever.

I'm looking for better justification why Brady is the #1 Fantasy QB, when the highest any of the players he'd be working with to score are ranked #32(branch) #8(Watson) and #22(Dillon) in their respective categories. If Brady was going to have the type of year a #1 fantasy QB would have, surely Branch and Dillion would be higher up as well.

There's no justification for this.

I'm looking for better justification why Brady is the #1 Fantasy QB, when the highest any of the players he'd be working with to score are ranked #32(branch) #8(Watson) and #22(Dillon) in their respective categories. If Brady was going to have the type of year a #1 fantasy QB would have, surely Branch and Dillion would be higher up as well.

We all know who the best Wide Receiver-Quarterback Tandem are and they reside in Indianapolis. And with Reggie Wayne and Dallas Clark too, that is why Peyton should be number one ranked, plus the loss of Edgerrin James. The Patriots have won all three of their superbowls by only 3. That's it. When you can take out one player from that team, K Adam Vinatieri, and they lose...they're not the best team in the league.

Yes but you referenced an irrelevant game from 3 years ago as your proof that Branch/Brady is the greatest WR/QB tandem. One game doesn't prove that, especially not one from 3 years ago