Guest Mighty Mighty Bosstown

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You didn't misread the headline, you just didn't read the article :P

I'd personally hunt Jerry Jones down if he interviewed Joe. >_>

In other news... adding insult to injury:

Bush fined $5,000 for taunting Click here to find out more!

NFL.com wire reports

MIAMI (Jan. 28, 2007) -- Reggie Bush was fined $5,000 by the NFL for taunting during his 88-yard touchdown reception in New Orleans' NFC championship game loss at Chicago last week.

Although the rookie running was not penalized for pointing back at Bears linebacker Brian Urlacher or for somersaulting into the end zone, he subsequently received the league's standard punishment for taunting.

NFL spokesman Greg Aiello confirmed the fine.

Bush, the 2005 Heisman Trophy winner and second pick in last year's draft, caught a short pass from Drew Brees on the left sideline. He sped downfield, cut back near midfield and was several steps ahead of Urlacher when Bush turned and pointed at the Bears star. He then did his front flip into the end zone, making the score 16-14.

The Bears won 39-14 to reach the Super Bowl.

In an unprecidented personnel move, the Cincinatti Bengals declared their 2007 NFL Draft 1st Round selection in January - California running back Marshawn Lynch.

http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm

http://www.contracostatimes.com/mld/cctime...ts/16565869.htm

HC Marvin Lewis was said to be pleased with the selection overall. HC Marv was somewhat despondant however that Lynch apparently did not use a gun in the recruit's criminal incident and appears to have only sexually assaulted the woman one time.

Said HC Marv, "We hope to do much better with our 2nd Round pick."

Edited by Evil Chase K

He made the single worst coaching decision of all time, when he had a playoff spot locked up and benched doug flutie to rest him for the playoffs in week 17, then when the playoffs began kept rob johnson as the starter instead of flutie, despite the fact flutie was the starter all year and got them there.

My dad (a Bills fan) still often wonders what compelled him to do that.

Regarding taunting and end zone celebrations:

Some of it is fun to watch, and I have no problem with. Things like turning around as you enter the end zone and falling flat on your back with your arms stretched out and the thing Kansas City (I think) did several years back where after a TD they made the football spin on the ground while most of the offense stood around and acted like the ball was a fire and they were warming their hands are cool. But things like Joe Horn grabbing a hidden cell phone and making a call after a TD and T.O. whipping a Sharpie out of his sock and signing the ball are just plain idiotic.

And I'm sorry, but end zone celebrations when your team is losing and isn't likely to come back is dumb. If you celebrate a TD and you're getting your ass kicked, you just look like a moron. When the score is 40-7 and the player on the losing side celebrates after scoring a TD, I think the Chop Block and grabbing the facemask should be legal next time they have the ball, because they're too stupid to live anyway.

One other thing: I don't like it when a team or player disrespects another team by doing something like dancing on the other team's logo on the field, and that should either result in a heavy fine and either being kicked out of the game or suspended the next time you play vs. that team depending on how far into the game it takes place. (Double the fine if its the playoffs or a SB that just happens to be at the opposing team's home field)

Edited by GhostMachine

One other thing: I don't like it when a team or player disrespects another team by doing something like dancing on the other team's logo on the field, and that should either result in a heavy fine and either being kicked out of the game or suspended the next time you play vs. that team depending on how far into the game it takes place. (Double the fine if its the playoffs or a SB that just happens to be at the opposing team's home field)

I've always felt (and probably always will feel) that if you don't want them to celebrate on your field/end zone/logo, then you keep them from having something to celebrate about. They've "earned the right" to celebrate by getting into the end zone/making a great play, and your "punishment" is watching them celebrate. Motivates you that much more the next time out to stop them so they don't do it again. Then you get to celebrate, and they see it and it motivates them to try harder next time so they aren't getting danced at as the punt team heads onto the field.

Edited by GhostMachine

wtf. Sportsmanship. It's 11 guys doing everything they can to stop the other 11 guys from scoring. Listen to the commentary after a holding/pass interference/illegal contact call, they say it every game at least once:

"Well they could call holding/pass interference on every play, but sometimes you get caught and sometimes you don't, and sometimes you get caught and they let it go, and sometimes they don't let it go and that's why ___ got that flag".

Every player does every thing he can do to get any advantage on EVERY PLAY. There's no sportsmanship in football, it's 11 guys trying to fuck over the other 11 guys while not letting the other 11 fuck them over in the process.

As far as TO in Dallas, he wouldn't have done it if the Dallas defense hadn't let them (specifically him) score. Considering how much a defensive unit makes on average, fuck respect, the poorest one of the 11 guys makes more in one game than I could in 1, maybe 2 years (depending on the price of the defense at that time, which I don't know offhand). They failed at their job, now watch somebody dance in your stadium. You don't want them to dance (I admit I'm making an addendum) you either stop them from scoring, or you lay that sumbitch out when he goes to dance.

He made the single worst coaching decision of all time, when he had a playoff spot locked up and benched doug flutie to rest him for the playoffs in week 17, then when the playoffs began kept rob johnson as the starter instead of flutie, despite the fact flutie was the starter all year and got them there.

a. Doug Flutie = overrated outside of Canada.

b. Considering Rob Johnson sucks as a QB period, I can see why that was an idiotic decision.

What? What the fuck are you trying to convey in the closest you can manage to sensible english?

1. Flutie is overrated outside of Canada. Flutie is a fucking GOD in Canada; if he's overrated outside of Canada, then surely he'd be even more overrated inside of Canada? Thus the addendum of "outside of Canada" is either added as irrelevant information which serves to confuse or added as an contradictory statement which is impossible in context, serving only to confuse. Either way, you make no sense.

2. If Flutie is overrated, why would taking him out be a bad idea? If you feel him so overrated, why do you disagree with the notion that he should have been replaced?

3. Die in a fire.

4. Edit: Your thoughts on taunting are even more retarded. The game isn't about sportsmanship, it's about merchandise. Half of the NFL would jump ship for Hollywood if the money was right. You taunt, you boast, you kick people in the nuts; forget about the teams, YOU are a brand, and anything you can do to further your career, including carrying the football on a platter, changing it's diaper, and doing a multi man imitation of a stationary bike, are all fair game. Football is temporary, but money is forever. NEVER forget that.

Edited by SeanDMan

a. Doug Flutie = overrated outside of Canada.

b. Considering Rob Johnson sucks as a QB period, I can see why that was an idiotic decision.

Edited by GhostMachine