NFL 06/07 Talk

Guest Mighty Mighty Bosstown

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ESPN.com is reporting that Bill Cowher is stepping down as Steelers head coach and that Art Shell is likely to be stepping down as Raiders head coach.

The carousel keeps on spinnin'

I don't know who I'd like to see lynched first, Millen or William Clay Ford. I almost wonder if that win against Dallas was a deciding factor in keeping Millen around. Although, the contract extension they gave him may have figured into it as well. The whole situation is a comedy of errors, starting from the top and working it's way down to the players.

This is a front office that gave Kalimba Edwards a $20 Million Dollar deal. Those outside of Detroit are probably thinking "who?" while I'd reply with "exactly". He's a bust of a second round pick from the year we drafted Joey Harrington, who logged a whopping 1.5 sacks this year after signing a nice exstention. Money well spent. To make things worse, we passed on Clinton Portis to draft Edwards.

Messiah is right, the offensive line was abysmal. I'm also not bothered by Donnie Henderson's firing since the D was pretty much disgusting in their own right. Hell, I wouldn't have been bothered by any member of the coaching staff or front office being put on the chopping block.

I usually try to be optimistic for each Lions season, but I really can't see this team improving all that much. 4-12 next year?

Goodbye Bill Cowher, it's been a hell of a run. Thank you for having arguably the most successful run any coach has ever had. And eventhough you only got one Super Bowl, it's not all your fault...Kordell Stewart and Neil O'Donnell? You're a saint for leading them into the playoffs.

Best of luck in the future and I'd love to have you back someday...eventhough that asshead Art Rooney II won't allow it. Goodbye and God bless. Good luck in the future, hope to see your chinny mug on my tv screen soon.

I don't know, i'd say he produced consistantly great teams for around 15 years, had multiple division titles and lead his team to two Super Bowls. I'd say he was one of the greatest coaches ever, and not just because I am a Steelers fan :shifty:

Still sucks to see him go, but I am sure they will find someone good to replace him for the next 15 years :P

In all honesty, the Lions can theoritically be fixed rather simply.

Draft a future QB. Kitna is good enough, and actually isn't that bad. He's shown both at Cincy and at Seattle that he's more than servicable. You've already got a RB and WR's that CAN produce if given the chance. That chance is what needs to be addressed. O-LINE. You can get TWO quality lineman in the draft, and honestly you've got at least ONE disposable WR that you can get a quality mid tenure vet on the O-LINE for.

Aside from that, the Defense would be ok if it weren't a constantly open door. Keep 3-4 guys to "cornerstone" and build a scheme around ... and the rest falls into place.

I wonder who the Dolphins will get to replace Nick Satan....er....Saban? I'd like to see Dennis Green land there or with the Giants, but it probably won't happen.

As for Art Shell leaving the Raiders, I'm not surprised. That's the one NFL coaching job that no one should want, seeing as how whoever has it is just a middle man between Al Davis and the players.

I do feel sorry for Lions fans, as I've always kind of liked the team. However, keeping Millen around proves that Ford is either fucking nuts or its a financial issue. However, if they suck next year and Millen isn't let go after that, then Ford needs a visit from some men in white coats who have a nice white leather jacket with some straps for him.

Cowher should definitely have that enormous chin cast in bronze in Canton sometime pretty shortly, if only for the fact that he led a team quarterbacked by Neil O'Donnell to a Super Bowl AND the first #6 seeded team to make the Super Bowl, let alone win it.

Extremely successful run? Sure. Most successful ever? There's a long list of guys lining up to say hi, but in Chase's defense, at least he DID use the word arguably.

I loved watching Cold Pizza this afternoon, where Skip Bayless bitched and moaned about Rob Ryan not looking like a head coach, calling him a cross between a Hell's Angel and a pro wrestler. Um...hello? If that don't spell Raiders, nothing does. Well, except for the fact that he's a defensive guy, and Davis doesn't like any coach who knows anything about defense. I don't like Denny Green, and I don't like the Raiders, so they need to link up. At least we know there's one guy that Randy Moss MIGHT play hard for.