World Cup 2006

Dan

I'm still pissed off that Postiga spent a whole season at Spurs, scored 2 goals, then scored two against England after coming on as a sub.

*shakes fist*

Another brilliant Hoddle purchase.

EDIT - Matt Smith is a fucking retard, why is it ironic that Portugal have gone out on a penalty? Do people even know what irony is?

Edited by fineintent

I'm still pissed off that Postiga spent a whole season at Spurs, scored 2 goals, then scored two against England after coming on as a sub.

*shakes fist*

EDIT - Matt Smith is a fucking retard, why is it ironic that Portugal have gone out on a penalty? Do people even know what irony is?

*shakes fist*

Only thing that makes it ironic is if you are a member of the group who believe that Henry dived. Hence a team full of divers losing to a dive. However I don't know if that in itself is ironic as I have no fucking idea what irony really is.

I've got to come to the defense of Miguel. From my viewpoint, and I rewound it a few times to see if he infact dove, it looked like just as he got rid of the ball his left leg planted in the ground and he kept going forward. Looked to me as if he tweaked his knee then, so I've got to say I don't think he purposely dove, many other Portuguese players did throughout the game, but for me it looked like him falling was as a result of the tweak.

I have to agree with WWJD, I don't think he dived, he looked like he did his knee in. I only saw the reply once, but that is what I thought straight away.

Guest Ringo Hates Divers

Oh man, four friends and I took a car, put a huge-ass French flag on it and went to Dirty Lisburn (the Portuguese neighbourhood here) and drove around hooking, it was awesome, especially when some crying guy hurled a glass bottle at the car and missed.

Good times.

Here's a nice little stat for you all....

If Lehmann and Henry both make an appearance in Germany's game vs Portugal and France's game against Italy, then at least one Arsenal player will have played on every day that games have been scheduled during the World Cup this year.

I've got to come to the defense of Miguel. From my viewpoint, and I rewound it a few times to see if he infact dove, it looked like just as he got rid of the ball his left leg planted in the ground and he kept going forward. Looked to me as if he tweaked his knee then, so I've got to say I don't think he purposely dove, many other Portuguese players did throughout the game, but for me it looked like him falling was as a result of the tweak.

In other news http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/w...gal/5153086.stm

"Everyone who saw the match could see that the referee wasn't fair." - C Ronaldo

"Maybe France fans were upset to see a dangerous player. I'm not worried."

Wow, what a twit.

If Lehmann and Henry both make an appearance in Germany's game vs Portugal and France's game against Italy, then at least one Arsenal player will have played on every day that games have been scheduled during the World Cup this year.

Would Kahn be a chance as (presumably) a send off in front of his own country ahead of Lehmann?