World Cup 2006

Dan

God, I'm bawling my eyes out, heh. I know I should be ecstatic that we made it this far, and I do respect that - but we deserved better than that. We played so brilliantly tonight and we were (and I hate to say it) robbed of our chance to claim a place in the final eight.

It's doubly unfair to Lucas Neill and Mark Schwarzer, arguably our best players all tournament, that they are the ones who were at the centre of it. I don't hate the Italians for winning, nor do I hate the referee for missing a blatant dive. I'm just heart-broken. We had a chance to really shake this World Cup up, and we fell short at the last second. I have no doubt we had more to offer the tournament, and I know that a lot of people have stood up and taken notice of just how good the Socceroos can play.

I guess now it's time to go back and start preparing for 2010, but fuck, it hurts like hell to make it this far and go out. As this is the first time Australia have been in the World Cup in my lifetime - it's always been a non-existent pain for me. I've seen friends cry or swear because their team went out and never cared. Now I know what it feels like and it fucking stings.

Now I guess I'll take nominations for my de facto team for the remainder of the tournament, heh.

DJ seems pretty Italian to me

He's "taking a dive" by distracting us with the red card, when clearly the issue is the self-induced faceplant.

Fuck you, you motherfucker.

Damn straight I hate you now.

I'm bloody proud to be Australian, and proud to say that I was following the Socceroos back when we were losing to New Zealand.

Fuck yes, Misanthrope!

*starts the chant that they sang on the podium after the Uruguay game*

Oleeeeeeeeeeeee Ole Ole Ole! Aus-sie! Aus-sie!

AUSSIE AUSSIE AUSSIE!

OI OI OI!

I really want to see England vs Italy in the final now, just to see Johnny talking shit for the entire 90 minutes, then claiming that the team he supports won the world cup.

Well I want to see that game, however I know myself I wont be there to glory hunt and support the winning side, but you believe what you want to mate (Y)

And yeah, hating on me for the 343874837 time. It's no surprise though. And shitting on the entire Italy team because ONE player goes down. Fucking hell, stop being pathetic for once. If the guy dived, then he fucking dived. Shitting on the entire team for that? Again, no surprise. And again, not blaming the referee when really, he made the decision, not the Italian team. Again, no surprise. And of course Italy getting the red card that wasn't a red card, but that was fair of course. Again, no surprise.

It's the same old story really, one that's getting more and more boring. Want to shit on anyone, shit on the referee who had a shit game. But of course you wont do that :P

Right.

Well.

Let's see. Italy were going down all day, as usual, no surprise. They won by diving, no surprise. You're being a prick, no surprise. We're calling you on it, no surprise. You're saying we're showing blind hate, no surprise. You're a cunt, no surprise.

Guest Small Red

Yeah, the referee made the decision. He wouldn't have had to make the fucking decision if Italy played with a shred of grace and went into Extra Time. Yeah, all clubs dive and make calls for penalties - but none as clearly blatant as that.

I really want to see England vs Italy in the final now, just to see Johnny talking shit for the entire 90 minutes, then claiming that the team he supports won the world cup.

Well I want to see that game, however I know myself I wont be there to glory hunt and support the winning side, but you believe what you want to mate (Y)

And yeah, hating on me for the 343874837 time. It's no surprise though. And shitting on the entire Italy team because ONE player goes down. Fucking hell, stop being pathetic for once. If the guy dived, then he fucking dived. Shitting on the entire team for that? Again, no surprise. And again, not blaming the referee when really, he made the decision, not the Italian team. Again, no surprise. And of course Italy getting the red card that wasn't a red card, but that was fair of course. Again, no surprise.

It's the same old story really, one that's getting more and more boring. Want to shit on anyone, shit on the referee who had a shit game. But of course you wont do that :P

Credit to Italy, we had all been commenting on how they hadn't been diving all game and such. And Australia don't dive - it's a weakness, perhaps, but I'm proud as hell that we've yet to adopt that cowardly tactic.

Italy had a disadvantage for half the game because of a red card that clearly wasn't a red card and that's why in my opinion, it evens things up.

Douchebaggery doesn't make up for douchebaggery, it just adds to it.