World Cup 2006

Dan

Guest Ringo Mars

I love Craig Forrest and company speculating that Australia is trying to pull a swerve on everyone by having Kewell on crutches when he's not injured and bringing him in soon.

Quick word on why Italy wears tracksuits, apparently they were designed by Dolce and Gabbana and created by Puma, and it is said in the deal that they must pimp it as much as possible according to the contracts.

Funny to see Gatusso start after he strangled Lippi <_<

Can someone tell me the reason behind Italy coming out in those tracksuit tops at the beginning of matches?

To me it seems like a slap in the face to the opposition.

It's more of a "fuck you" to Fifa for telling them to play in white really.

wait...the commentator said Fifa told them to play in white, so why are they playing in blue?

Guest Ringo Mars

Am I the only one who thinks Toni was a one hit wonder for one season and is never gonna be any good again?

Didn't he do it for three seasons?

Is everyone getting really shit commercials during the WC? I swear, if I have to see an Adidas/Rogers/Budweiser commercial, I'm gonna gouge my eyes out. Its like they air the same three commercials OVER AND OVER.

Fiends.

We keep getting a LOT of Adidas, with plenty of Guinness, AIG, and T Mobile. That's all they've been showing in the US. In my local area, there's the same advert for a soccer/rubgy supply store too.

Guest Ringo Mars

Jesus, Schwarzer is awesome.

And just when I say Schwarzer is awesome, Buffon shows us why he's even better by being always being at the right place, at the right time.

Guest Ringo Mars

Again, Buffon is right where he needs to be. I love how he rarely dives to saves balls and is always insanely well positioned.

The Aussie defence is impressive. They're closing in on the Italians really well. Guess that Hiddink's stamina training payed off.