World Cup 2006

Dan

I've just switched to commentary on Five Live for the first time and it's so much better than Motson. Not only are the commentators doing a fantastic job of calling the game but they're also adding in some interesting facts, stats and analysis.

The point is that because it's on radio, the Five Live guys HAVE to be good because they're our only means of getting the game.

One of the things I've been hating throughout this World Cup is how players waste time piss and moan at the referee, as if them saying something to him is going to influence him in the slightest. instead of surrounding the ref and bitching, Ecuador should just shut up and concentrate on trying to score...maybe that will light a fire under England's ass.

The text updates on BBC.co.uk are riveting reading:

26 mins: This is turgid stuff.

Edited by Xero Gravity

Gerrard's so awesome, he can control it on his shoulderblades. (¬_¬)

Joe Cole is seriously one of my favourite players now. I alos loved the fact NO ONE mentioned the massive push he got when he was trying to get onto Gerrard's cross. Unless he just learned how to levitate, he was clearly pushed through the air.

Tell Germany, and Teddy Lucic that, Xero. (¬_¬)

Edited by The Kraig

Is it me or are we concentrating on the right flank too much? Every time Frank or Steve gets the ball down the middle they pause and go to the right hand side, if Cole wants the ball he seems to have to win it for himself.

Paul Robinson looks like Harry Hill too..

Edited by ravenjuice

I never knew Owen Hargreaves has a dad that played for Bolton and Wigan. (0_o)

And why's he playing right back, when he's a midfielder? Is this another mastermind Sven attacking formation?

I never knew Owen Hargreaves has a dad that played for Bolton and Wigan. (0_o)

And why's he playing right back, when he's a midfielder? Is this another mastermind Sven attacking formation?

He can play in defence as well.

Another miserable performance, don't know whether we're 'conserving energy' or just not up for it. Beckham has been giving away free kicks AGAIN, either hitting the first man or going nowhere near one of our players.

Defence has looked sloppy, Gerrard and Lampard have gone missing and Carrick's barely done anything. Robinson's looking like a liability again, I have no confidence when crosses come in.

Well that was a fairly poor first half. Why do we always have to make things so hard on ourselves? We've got the players that should be able to brush aside a team like Ecuador. When you compare the first half performances of Germany, Argentina, and even Mexico, we just don't seem to be anywhere near those at the moment. There have been a few good points, most noticably Joe Cole who continues to consitently be one of the best players we've got.