World Cup 2006

Dan

WHAT A FUCKING GOAL!

OH MY!

EDIT:

I'd say Mexico have less of a chance now. Argentina are probably the better team, and now have 30 minutes to try and break down Mexico. Mexico had the chance of stealing a winning goal at the end of the 90 minutes.
Edited by The Second Stage Turbine Blade

Ugh, I am AMAZINGLY tired of dives in the World Cup. And you wonder why soccer gets a bad rep in North America. A player gets STRETCHERED off and three minutes later is back in? Refs need to disallow re-entry onto the field if a player is helped off.

Messi WAS offside. He was passed the ball, whilst in an offiside position.

No he wasn't, the ball was closer to the goal line than Messi was. That's NOT offside.

Though I agree it wasn't, your wording confused me there. Simply put, if the ball is played straight up or down or backwards, the player can't be offside no matter where the defenders/goalie are (which I'm sure is what you are putting, I just didn't get it, so clarifying).

And the Heinze decision was awful. People can suggest that it was evened out by the offside decision, but thats BS. If Heinze had gone, then that could and should have been game over, and Argentina most likely wouldn't have got the kinda chances they got. Having said thet, the goal was awesome, pure brilliance.

Oh well, tough luck Mexico, and Argentina will beat Germany IMO.