World Cup 2006

Dan

Defoe is shit. He's a whiny little bastard too.

SWP isn't the player he was at City.

I don't know why I'm arguing because at the end of the day Sven will play Beckham and we will win the World Cup.

And the worst time to drop your captain and potetial match winner? The last 16 of the world cup.

Defoe is whiny? Even though he's reportedly rejected 6 figure sums from national newspapers to publicise his feelings on Sven? He's taken his baffling omission with good grace. If you'll bring up the West Ham example, that was years ago. Defoe is hand made to replace Michael Owen, we all knew he was going to break down (I think everyone posted the same thing in the England squad thread).

As for Beckham, Rooney, Gerrard, Cole, Lampard, Lennon and Terry can all win matches, fuck him.

Just what I seen of Defore at spurs.

I remember him kicking over the corner flag, then refusing to pick it up, so Mido had to run 30 yards to pick it up for him.

Guest muddatrucker

But Mido is the one thats the cunt though, thats the part of that scenario that shows that sometimes these things happen, I mean Mido not being a cock, thats the bigger surprise.

It is.

He's a cunt too.

The difference is, Rooney is a lot better player than Defoe.

We have enough problems with Rooneys temper to worry about Defoe doing and Alan Smith.

I'd take AJ or Bent to be honest.

And Mido is wonderful :(

Edited by RevolutionDanSquad

Giving a goal when the linesman has his flag up for offside is fucking stupid.

Whilst contraversial, it was the correct decision. Frei was only involved in play cos the defender knocked the ball back. If he hadn't have touched it, it would have likely gone to the Swiss player behind the intercepting Swiss player - and nowhere near Frei. He wouldn't have been 'active' from the original pass, and would have probably just checked his run and got back onside.

To be fair, it was the Koreans fault for not following one of the most basic rules of football - you play to the referee's whistle. I admit being narked that commentators say it in every other match, but it obviously seems some teams don't follow it.

Meh, the best team won anyhow. Glad the Swiss won the group too, as we get the battle of the underachievers (France v Spain) in the next round.

So is the formation they've just been showing on MOTD the one we're using on Sunday? If so, meh.

Robinson

Hargreaves, Ferdinand, Terry, Cole

Beckham, Lampard, Carrick, Gerrard, Cole

Rooney

4-5-1 with Carrick playing holding midfield role (fair enough) but Rooney playing solo upfront when he's not fully fit, and Hargreaves at right back rather than Carragher, why?

I find it odd that Sven'd pick Carrick in front of Hargreaves now. Wouldn't if have made sense to play him in earlier to test him out on the big stage?

I also find it funny that OH plays his first good game for England for a while... and then gets dropped. lol

I find it odd that Sven'd pick Carrick in front of Hargreaves now. Wouldn't if have made sense to play him in earlier to test him out on the big stage?

I also find it funny that OH plays his first good game for England for a while... and then gets dropped. lol

*points to right back.*

So is the formation they've just been showing on MOTD the one we're using on Sunday? If so, meh.

Robinson

Hargreaves, Ferdinand, Terry, Cole

Beckham, Lampard, Carrick, Gerrard, Cole

Rooney

4-5-1 with Carrick playing holding midfield role (fair enough) but Rooney playing solo upfront when he's not fully fit, and Hargreaves at right back rather than Carragher, why?

Hargreaves is better at going forward, but that's only because he's shit at defending. He can't make a good tackle. The game against Sweden proved it - he was dangerously close to being booked much earlier than he did. He's alright going forward, but he's not as great defending.

I'm not bothered with him not starting. I admired the enthusiasm he had against Sweden, but he still wasn't anything worth keeping for Sunday. Mind you, Carragher and the rest of the defence were just as shaky. I swear Sven does something to them that sends them the wrong side of right at half-time.

I'm still surprised Hargreaves hasn't been made into a striker. It's probably the one position he hasn't tried, next to goalkeeper.

For me, either give Carrick the shot, or stick keep Hargreaves in the midfield if you must.

As for Lampard, he's been kinda crap for me. Well, crap isn't the word really... he's been subpar compared to what he could be. I think his problem is that he takes TOO many shots. He wants to hit those 35-yard screamers and he can't do it everytime. See, the difference between Gerrard and him now is that Gerrard knows when to pick his moment. He has two goals to his name because of it. Lampard has got to stop being selfish with the ball and take his shot when he's sure it'll go in. Otherwise, play it on.

Still, bring on Ecuador. I'll have to work the fucking thing, but no-one will bother us during the game. Bring it on!

PS: If your in the Canterbury area, come to Chicago Rock Café and watch it at our place. IT's free entry and £2 drinks.

Well, might as well plug it while I can :shifty:

You crazy English blokes with your constant bitching and moaning about how awful the players are and how daft the coach is. Did any of you watch the USA games? Go watch what Bruce Arena did, then tell me Sven is clueless. Go watch the Americans phone it in against the Czechs, then tell me the English players are garbage. You're alive, we're not; so shut up. PLEASE.

Oh, and can we borrow a coach for the team after Arena's gone?