World Cup 2006

Dan

Well Graham Poll definetly won't be refereeing in the knock-out stages despite (other than I guess this game) he's been one of the best referee's in the tournament.

Well, we're through, but what an ugly game! Seriously, it devolved so far at the end there. Simunivic should have gone off with five to go, and even managed to get a third yellow card for the match.

But who cares? We're through! Bring on Italy!

Jesus, that last ten minutes total spoiled the feeling for me, y'know? I didn't even realise we were through until they started shaking hands. That kind of finish just sucked all of the elation out of the game.

Still, feels fucking good to know that we've proved a lot of the nay-sayers wrong. People were saying we wouldn't make the round of sixteen, but make it we did. Really, today was the worst we've played all World Cup, but we did enough to get through. Lovin' it!

Woo!

Go the Aussies.

And the ref is an idiot. First time anyone ever got 3 yellow cards in a match? :P

A guy got two yellows in a Premiership match and stayed on, but yeah, this might be the first time someone's got THREE yellow cards.