World Cup 2006

Dan

Not just Campbell and Hargreaves, there was Terry and Robinson too, but of course you'd only focus on the first two.

But of course I would. <_<

Hargreaves was alright and I think we saw glimpses of why the German league rates him.

Joe Cole faded out a little in the second half but most of our team did to be honest.

Ashley Cole kind of phased in and out a little but Carragher wasn't great either.

Crouch's shimmy in the first half was ingenious. :wub:

Again negative substitutions cost us a match - Campbell came on because? Theo Walcott is a fucking waste of a squad place if he isn't going to play, especially now Michael Owen is fucked. Beckham is so immobile its untrue. Fuck Sven in his arse. Praise Joe Cole.

At least we're through to play Ecuador.

Again negative substitutions cost us a match - Campbell came on because? Theo Walcott is a fucking waste of a squad place if he isn't going to play, especially now Michael Owen is fucked. Beckham is so immobile its untrue. Fuck Sven in his arse. Praise Joe Cole.

At least we're through to play Ecuador.

Ferdinand was limping.

To be honest, this was our best performance so far. Admittedly, we had our backs to the wall at times, but there are very few games against big teams when it won't happen. Sure, the defending was poor for the two goals, but they are problems that can be rectified. In open play, we were better than Sweden.

Robinson looked a bit shaky for the most part, that was one of my only worries.

The defending was poor for the two goals, the two times they hit the bar and the time it was cleared off the line. First half we were decent enough, but we fell away a bit. Joe Cole had a nice game, as did Lampard and it was nice to see Rooney.

Poor Michael Owen :(

The defending was poor for the two goals, the two times they hit the bar and the time it was cleared off the line. First half we were decent enough, but we fell away a bit. Joe Cole had a nice game, as did Lampard and it was nice to see Rooney.

Poor Michael Owen :(

All set pieces (which is what I meant to suggest in my first post). As Big Sam said on punditry, defending on set pieces is one of the easier things to rectify, so it isn't too too big a worry, but it does need to be sorted.

Edited by HGwannabe

My predictions:

Ecuador 1-3 Germany / Actual Score 0-3

Costa Rica 0-1 Poland / Actual Score: 1-2

Sweden 1-1 England / Actual Score: 2-2

Paraguay 2-0 Trinidad & Tobago / Actual Score: 2-1

So I was out by a single goal on 2 of them, Poland won by a goal and Sweden and England got an extra one each. I would've been more than happy to lose out on predictions points if England had won, but we defending awfully 90% of that game. Bring on Ecuador then.

My predictions:

Ecuador 1-3 Germany / Actual Score 0-3

Costa Rica 0-1 Poland / Actual Score: 1-2

Sweden 1-1 England / Actual Score: 2-2

Paraguay 2-0 Trinidad & Tobago / Actual Score: 2-1

So I was out by a single goal on 2 of them, Poland won by a goal and Sweden and England got an extra one each. I would've been more than happy to lose out on predictions points if England had won, but we defending awfully 90% of that game. Bring on Ecuador then.

Mine was:

Poland 2 CR 1

England 1 Sweden 1

Paraguay 1 T&T 0

Germany 2 Ecuador 0

So I got one correct, and the other 3 right aside from the score