World Cup 2006

Dan

The official World Cup squad of the tournament has been released.

Goalkeepers: Gianluigi Buffon (Italy), Jens Lehmann (Germany), Ricardo (Portugal)

Defenders: Roberto Ayala (Argentina), John Terry (England), Lilian Thuram (France), Philipp Lahm (Germany), Fabio Cannavaro (Italy), Gianluca Zambrotta (Italy), Ricardo Carvalho (Portugal)

Midfielders: Ze Roberto (Brazil), Patrick Vieira (France), Zinedine Zidane (France), Michael Ballack (Germany), Andrea Pirlo (Italy), Gennaro Gattuso (Italy), Luis Figo (Portugal), Maniche (Portugal)

Strikers: Hernan Crespo (Argentina), Thierry Henry (France), Miroslav Klose (Germany), Francesco Totti (Italy), Luca Toni (Italy)

John Terry? Come on please, i love the guy but much like Robinson, i think he has been starstruck by the pressure of the World Cup. Terry has had far too many blunders to be considered in the Fifa World Cup squad, and the only noteable thing i remember him doing was the clearence from near the line.

Ashley Cole, Joe Cole or (gulp) Hargreaves would fit much better in that squad.

John Terry? Come on please, i love the guy but much like Robinson, i think he has been starstruck by the pressure of the World Cup.

Erm, what? How has Robinson been 'starstruck by the pressure of the World Cup'?

Because he had an awful tournament? Granted he didn't really have to make a save, but every time a cross came in he flapped at it and was thoroughly unconvincing.

John Terry? Come on please, i love the guy but much like Robinson, i think he has been starstruck by the pressure of the World Cup.

Because he had an awful tournament? Granted he didn't really have to make a save, but every time a cross came in he flapped at it and was thoroughly unconvincing.

Apart from some of the saves he did make, particularly in extra-time of the Portugal match.

Where's Miguel?

On the floor, still crying about his leg?

Wait. Let me guess....

Neville was better than him?

Where did I say that? No, Neville wasn't better than him but there were a few others who were.

And Robinson only conceded 2 in 5 matches, rockbox. Four clean sheets. And those 2 goals came in a rather meaningless group match. He didn't have an awful tournament, he didn't have a fantastic tournament but he had a solid one - no major mistakes or spills, four clean sheets.

Apart from some of the saves he did make, particularly in extra-time of the Portugal match.