World Cup 2006

Dan

Still, he'll have Beckham to keep him company.

Aye, whist I don't think Beckham is hard he doesn't need to be to snap Ronaldo in two.

Hell if he gets into trouble Woodgate can always use one of his crutches to take a knee out.

Scolari. His international track record speaks for itself.

His great record against England.

Won 2-1 courtesy of a fluke.

Won on penalties 6-5. England suck at penalties full stop. England also had a perfectly good goal disallowed.

Won on penatlies 3-1 against a team with 10 men and two main players missing for 40 minutes. And as above, England + Penalties = -_- . They also had a really easy group with ANGOLA and IRAN and scraped past Holland, somehow.

He won the world cup with Brazil, after fluking it against England, they got the super-hard match of TURKEY who didn't even qualify for the next 2 major tournaments, and a poor Germany side who where only their because of an easy route and Oliver Kahn being awesome in 2002.

Then in 2004, they beat Holland 2-1, far from convincing. And then lost to fucking Greece.

He's not the amazing manager people make him out to be, he takes risks, and his team will go through on penalties and people will hail him as the greatest manager ever.

Hiddink > Scolari.

Still, he's done more than McLaren :P

Bwah ha ha, the blatant biism in this thread is hilarious. ANYONE WHO BEATS ENGLAND IS A CHEATER! WE ARE THE BETTER TEAM! Portugal are big greasy poo heads!

:lmao:

Anyways, I've gotta pick a France/Germany final. Than hopefully Germany can get the home win.

Bwah ha ha, the blatant biism in this thread is hilarious. ANYONE WHO BEATS ENGLAND IS A CHEATER! WE ARE THE BETTER TEAM! Portugal are big greasy poo heads!

Anyways, I've gotta pick a France/Germany final. Than hopefully Germany can get the home win.

It is called "bias".

And as Kulex (and a few others pointed out), England fans are the biggest doubters or have the most criticisms always when it comes to England's performance. If we deserved to go out, then fair enough. We didn't deserve much based on how we performed throughout the tournament, but then again, Portugal didn't deserve to beat us on the night, especially since they had 60 minutes with a man advantage and still didn't have the better chances. We also didn't deserve to go up against a side that was so willing to dive and con the referee, but that isn't just an England thing, that is a lot of teams, the most obvious being Australia who suffered similarly.

You obviously can't read because if you look a few pages back you'll find England fans criticising England's performances and England were the better team. We just suck/are cursed when it comes to penalty shootouts.

You'll also find non-England fans such as myself calling Portugal out on their dirty tactics.

That's the thing that interests me in some regards is that if it was only England fans complaining, then fair enough...but I've heard enough non-England reactions that are exactly the same, which suggests that it isn't just a blind English bias.

No-one said Northern Ireland cheated. No-one bitched when we were shit and went out of Euro 2000. So, in short, shut up trying to troll.