World Cup 2006

Dan

Shouldn't the manager and player also be at fault since the player was allowed to continue playing?

Well, they had a chance to qualify, why would he say "oh excuse me, I should be sent off here, shall I go?", why would he? No, it's all Poll's fault, but I guess you could argue there's a big atmosphere or whatever.

Who are they connected up to on those headsets? Surely the fourth, fifth official or whatever should've pointed out he was already booked?

God I forgot about that...damn, disregard what I said about Graham Poll being completely at fault, where they fuck where they to let him know!?!

They shouldn't have needed to, but what's the point in having this technology if they're not going to use it? Forgetting someone has been booked is just as much a human mistake than saying a ball didn't cross the line, so whoever he's connected to should have been able to point out he'd already been booked.

Guest Ringo Mars

What was actually funny is that when the Croatia/Australia game ended, Craig Forrest and the rest of the Canadian pundits praised Graham Poll for keeping everything under control at the end of the game and said he did an excellent job.

Graham Poll turned heel there, he just went nuts and started dishing out cards for anything.

Other than the three bookings though, what could he do? Everything was going out of control and he had to do his best to keep order.

Australia should have got that Croatian dude in goals, he's better than Kalic or whatever the hell that shitbag was called.

Well I don't like to say I told you so, but yeah, I did tell you so.

Today again showed why Robinho should be played almost all of the matches for Brazil, because he's brilliant. And while most of the Brazilian squad are brilliant anyway, this guy needs to be in the starting lineup. He's just so much more positive and while Ronaldo was way better than he has been in the two previous games today, I'd take Robinho over him if it came down to it. He needs to start against Ghana, hopefully he does. Talking of Ghana, really good performance today, I'm actually really looking forward to seeing them go up against Brazil.

Lovely result for Italy, although Inzaghi was taking the ultimate piss when he missed that header from about four yards out. While I really like the guy and rate him alot, he still hasn't done enough to warrant a place in the starting lineup. It's still beyond me as to where Cassano is too. And Maresca...and Micolli. That said, solid performance again, Cannavaro looked like a bloody rock at the back. Totti needs to stop constantly trying to chip shot. I know he can pull it off but he just doesn't need to. He's trying too hard for it, just no need to keep pushing and pushing to pull it off. That said, I think he's still looking sharp and really good even if he isn't performing at his best. Bring on Australia, should be a good game too.

Edited by Dirty Johnny 27

Guest muddatrucker

I haven't been impressed with Robinho in La Liga to be honest and he did fuck all against Arsenal in the CL, I'm glad he never got to the premiership because he'd have his little boy body broken in half.

Meh watched the first half that I videoed of the Japan-Brazil game and got a bit excited for a few minutes what with Kawaguchi being beyond brilliant and their classy goal. Then Ronaldo scored in the 46th....

Then I accidently stumbled onto the score online and won't watch the second half.

Gutting.

Well at least I had one Japan game to wear my Japanese shirt for....

Dissapointing for the US team. But they had to win, and hopefully win with a lot of goals, and they still came out with one attacker and 5 defenders. Why?

A lot of the players who were supposed to show up, like McBride and Donovan were invisible (except for being elbowed...).

Edited by desiredtoe