World Cup 2006

Dan

The biggest team I follow other than England is Holland, and thats because for the most part, they mix the great football with a sense of sportsmanship that some of the bigger teams lack.

Sportsmanship? Seriously? Now I like the Dutch, but I would say they've got little to no sportsmanship. I know you said for the most part, but really, they don't. From as far back as I can remember, the Dutch have always dived, elbowed, cheated and acted like bitches. Even nowadays, Robben, RVN, Van Persie, Van Der Vaart, Kuyt, Cocu and even Van Der Sar aren't exactly the epitome of sportsmanship. The only player I'd label as sportsmanlike that started the other day is Sneijder, and even he's prone to throwing a fuss.

Attractive football with flair, yes. Sportsmanship, zero to none.

And come to think of it, there's not a single big team that doesn't have its fair share of divers and cheaters nowadays.

England have Joe Cole and maybe Gerrard, but that's about it.

Ghana don't have many, if any.

Same with Angola.

I always back South Korea and Japan during their games, so after a disappointing match yesterday I'm hoping Korea can make me happy again. With three games back to back on BBC 1, it doesn't look like I'm moving from my chair today.

My predictions

South Korea 2 - Togo 0

France 2 - Switzerland 1

Brazil 3 - Croatia 2

Guest Ringo Mars

The biggest team I follow other than England is Holland, and thats because for the most part, they mix the great football with a sense of sportsmanship that some of the bigger teams lack.

Sportsmanship? Seriously? Now I like the Dutch, but I would say they've got little to no sportsmanship. I know you said for the most part, but really, they don't. From as far back as I can remember, the Dutch have always dived, elbowed, cheated and acted like bitches. Even nowadays, Robben, RVN, Van Persie, Van Der Vaart, Kuyt, Cocu and even Van Der Sar aren't exactly the epitome of sportsmanship. The only player I'd label as sportsmanlike that started the other day is Sneijder, and even he's prone to throwing a fuss.

Attractive football with flair, yes. Sportsmanship, zero to none.

And come to think of it, there's not a single big team that doesn't have its fair share of divers and cheaters nowadays.

See, I agree with what's been said.

You have to support your coutnry - your nationality, where you were born.

So I will ALWAYS support England over anyone.

However it's okay to have other teams you look out for (for me it's Japan and Netherlands).

I also believe it's okay to have teams that you either always want to lose or always want them to lose to your team (for me Argentina, Italy, Germany, France, USA) for all different reasons.

Damn...there goes my prediction :(

I guess I could have seen that coming after the first 20 minutes haven't been the greatest by Korea. Good goal though, hopefully this picks them up and they get one back.

The commentators are annoying the hell out of me. The only things they're talking about is the lack of air, the Togo coach buggering off before the game, and Korea not being fast enough <_<

Edited by Xero Gravity

Finally my connection decides to start working again <_<

It's a shame that Togo got Abalo sent off (despite my slightly pleased reaction earlier), as Korea were just starting to play better when it happened. I'd have preferred to see 11 against 11 with Korea playing better. The freekick was pretty good, but probably could have been saved if the Togo keeper didn't move left prior to the shot. The second however, was a much better goal and I'm glad to see it was the one that won the game for Korea.

I had it down as 2-0, but 2-1 wasn't far off.

Edited by Xero Gravity

w00t, I finally got a 3 pointer in the prediction league for the Korea 2-1 Togo score. I've been close at least three other times.

And man, South Korea were stupid. Short passes, waiting for an openening, then suddenly it was terrible long passes, then it was 'just take a shot, no matter where you are'. It was like some players knew the team strategy and others didn't.

I've predicted France 2-2 Switzerland, mainly because I hate France, and Switzerland's a bit French as well. I want them both to draw, and hopefully pay for it.

I also have Brazil 2-2 Croatia. What the fuck was I thinking? I hope Dado turns up. :(

Edited by The Kraig