UEFA Cup Final

Now, fair enough that they lost, but god do I hate fans glorifying the loss of another team like this.

At the end of the day, they got to a UEFA Cup final, you didn't.

I'll be the same way when (if Arsenal lose) Spurs fans give that kinda reaction after next Wednesday. I personally just think it is uncalled for, especially when the team has actually achieved more than yours has.

I was in Boro for this match, people weren't happy afterwards. One 40 year old man shouted at me "I don't pay taxes so you students can wear your trousers that low", I laughed at him, squared up a bit and he went back into the kebab shop, good times.

Boro were fucking awful, a bit of luck wouldn't have hurt though.

As for McClaren, I'd rather lose 4-0 and have gone for it, than lose by the odd goal in the pathetic manner that I associate with Sven. What is bringing on Hargreaves when you're 1-0 down to N.Ireland going to do?

I wasn't being serious you bunch of tits, I actually think McClaren was the best choice we had after Scolari.

Best choice? :lmao: !!!!!!!!!

Great, not only did our manager perform shit over the course of his time with us (39% win average inall competitions) he also lacked the passion needed, im sure had this been his last match of the season rather than last game at Boro he would have thought the game through a little more, but, his mind is already on the England job.

His best mistake last night had to be taking Franck off and bringing Yak on, i'm sorry, but you dont take a defender off when Sevilla are counter attacking the feck out of you.

You are Middlesborough fan...and you are bemoaning the only manager to bring you any form of success in the last god knows how long? Middlesborough aren't a very good side realistically, they aren't a big side by any means, so the fact that he even got them within touching distance of a major European trophy has to be commended.

And Frank looked like he was injured...and even if he wasn't, if you are loosing like they were, what else can you do? Stick on another defender? No, you have to push for it, and it didn't work, oh well, at least he/they tried.

It wasn't the best choice IMO. It may have worked in the past, but it was obvious Sevilla were 10x better than the crap they played in the last two rounds. Having four strikers on the field when your 1-0 down, whilst your still creating chances was not a very good tactical decision. Not only did it force Downing further back, it left them buggered at the back and they got ripped apart because of it.

They should have kept it as it was (replacing Viduka for Yakubu) and going from there. They weren't playing all too bad and were still creating chances at that point.

Quedrue was injured, he could barely jog when he came off the pitch.

And were there really any better choices? Allardyce, he's got a big gob but that's it. He's done well at Bolton but could he really transfer that to England? O'Neill didn't really interested, and Curbishley's very limited.

He still had Ehiogu, Bates & Cattermole on the bench at that point. He could have easily stuck Ehiogu on and swapped Yakubu with Viduka. Or he could have swapped Frank with Cattermole giving them a little more presence going forward but not leaving them entirely open at the back.

I just feel it was a bad decision. It may have worked against Basle and Steau but it was clear that it wasn't going to work here against Sevilla. Especially at 1-0 down. Maybe if they were 2-0 down it would have been an ok decision, but at 1-0 it just left them too open at the back to be destroyed.

Boateng will leave on a free, so to will Jimmy, Viduka and Yak will probably go to a team like Charlton or Villa, Downing off to one fot he biger clubs like Arsenal, Chelsea United etc, Schwarzer will follow, then we'll be left with the kids primarily really, and yeah, theyve done well, but we can use them as our first team!

Don't be silly, no one's going to want Schwarzer :P

Boateng will leave on a free, so to will Jimmy, Viduka and Yak will probably go to a team like Charlton or Villa, Downing off to one fot he biger clubs like Arsenal, Chelsea United etc, Schwarzer will follow, then we'll be left with the kids primarily really, and yeah, theyve done well, but we can use them as our first team!

Don't be silly, no one's going to want Schwarzer :P