Wakefield

Lester

????????

Um... yeah, that's all I can think of.

Try this:

Schilling (Easy money.)

Beckett (Signed 3 yrs. now, BTW)

Wakefield (Possibly hurt?)

Lester (Great young gun, needs to cut down on BB.)

Snyder (Had decent start last performence.)

Wells is trying to speed up his recovery, but I say he's done.

Clement, well he's basically a $9M worth of mistake.

I think I'd be happy if the Red Sox could acquire someone like Livan Hernandez to compete in the rotation / take a long spot in the bullpen. I just don't know who we trade to get him.

Lester or some other young pitcher. So in other words, don't.

• Replies 462
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Bosstown Boy

There is news spreading around the area here in Boston that the Sox might try to get Mark Redman from the Royals. Hell, he did pitch a one-run game against us yesterday.

Boston.com:

With Tim Wakefield on the shelf for possibly a month and David Wells, Matt Clement, and Lenny DiNardo still on the DL as well (though there are positive signs for Wells), the Sox are down to three healthy regulars in the rotation (Curt Schilling, Josh Beckett, and Jon Lester). Does Wake's injury mean the need to acquire a starting pitcher is more urgent? That remains to be seen. But Theo Epstein has been adamant that he's not going to mortgage the farm for a short-term fix. Stay tuned. The Globe's Nick Cafardo reported that Marlins pitcher Dontrelle Willis and Braves veteran John Smoltz do not appear to be on the trading block. Ditto for Giants ace Jason Schmidt, whose team is still in the hunt for the playoffs. Two less attractive options who are more likely to be available are Phillies starter Jon Lieber and Royals All-Star Mark Redman.
Edited by Bosstown Boy

Any of you following the Shea Hillebrand story?

Paul Godfrey (the Jays' President) was on a talk show up here minutes ago, and the only really noteworthy thing to come from it was that he spent half the time talking about how he wishes the team could all be more like Gregg Zaun.

Funny, 'cuz Steve Simmons mentioned the same thing in the Toronto Sun days ago, before any of this came out.

Guest Bosstown Boy

I think if the Boss sends off Cano to get Soriano it again solidifies my theory that's he is trying to put together an All-Star team, but we all know they don't work. Look at the good Yankees teams, the 100+ win Yankees teams.

I have been following the Shea story and the fact that he wrote "This is a sinking ship." on the team chalkboard makes me want to throw up. I like the fact that one of the replacement guys in PTI called him "Worse then T.O." as a teammate. I agree.

The Red Sox put Tim Wakefield on the DL today with a strained rib cage. Awesome.

Didn't Shea leave Boston on poor terms? He's been bitching about the lack of starts all year, and it's pathetic, because you didn't see Reed Johnson bitching when he was platooning in left before Rios got hurt and he got the everyday spot for a while. Difference between Johnson and Hillenbrand is modesty and about 50 points on the batting average. Buh-bye Shea, we've already got a solid hitting infield and you're no longer needed.

Great. So now we get Jermaine Van Buren and Kyle Snyder in the rotation. Wonderful.

I don't even mind Snyder, but Van Buren as a starter?

Eek.

Hey, LD, did you catch that "What If?" thing on NESN tonight? It was pretty trippy when they actually pulled Pedro instead of keeping him in, but I didn't catch the end. I was at the gym and had to leave. :(

Oh yes, and by the way, Shea left Boston on really bad terms.

White Sox "extremely close" to Soriano deal.

Good lord. Konerko, Thome, Dye, and Soriano?

And a pitching staff that has a chance to be great?

If this deal goes down, watch out Tigers.

That is going to make the Central even tighter... but the Twins are just absolutely on fire right now and if their pitching stays healthy I could see them winning the Central.

Guest Bosstown Boy

White Sox "extremely close" to Soriano deal.

Good lord. Konerko, Thome, Dye, and Soriano?

And a pitching staff that has a chance to be great?

If this deal goes down, watch out Tigers.

That is going to make the Central even tighter... but the Twins are just absolutely on fire right now and if their pitching stays healthy I could see them winning the Central.

(Odalis) Perez, a former 15-game winner who spent much of the season in the bullpen due to ineffectiveness, accused the Dodgers of treating him like "trash" on July 13 after he gave up a game-winning home run to Albert Pujols in St. Louis.

He said then he didn't know why he had been demoted to the bullpen, adding, "If I've done something wrong, let me know, tell me. I want to know. I've been treated like trash."

And then this is how he gets repaid for that...

LOS ANGELES (AP) -- The Los Angeles Dodgers dealt pitcher Odalis Perez to the Kansas City Royals on Tuesday, nearly two weeks after saying they had no plans to trade the disgruntled left-hander.

The Dodgers also sent minor league right-handers Blake Johnson and Julio Pimental and cash considerations to the Royals for right-hander Elmer Dessens.

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news;_ylt=AheW...p&type=lgns

hahahaha, have fun Odalis in that shitbox.

Guest Bosstown Boy

(Odalis) Perez, a former 15-game winner who spent much of the season in the bullpen due to ineffectiveness, accused the Dodgers of treating him like "trash" on July 13 after he gave up a game-winning home run to Albert Pujols in St. Louis.

He said then he didn't know why he had been demoted to the bullpen, adding, "If I've done something wrong, let me know, tell me. I want to know. I've been treated like trash."

And then this is how he gets repaid for that...

LOS ANGELES (AP) -- The Los Angeles Dodgers dealt pitcher Odalis Perez to the Kansas City Royals on Tuesday, nearly two weeks after saying they had no plans to trade the disgruntled left-hander.

The Dodgers also sent minor league right-handers Blake Johnson and Julio Pimental and cash considerations to the Royals for right-hander Elmer Dessens.

Anyone else think Clemens is a disgrace to the game of baseball? There are guys that don't make 5% of his contract this season playing 162 games for their team, and good ol' Roger doesn't even show up 80% of the time.

And now there are talks of Houston trading Roger Clemens to a contender, and every analyst is saying "Oh I'm sure he wants a trade, I'm sure he'd waive the no-trade clause, Roger wants to win". Um, hello? Just a month ago Roger had his CHOICE of teams to play for, and many of them (Boston, Yankees, I heard rumors of the Mets offering up a deal...) were/are contenders.

Roger Clemens CHOSE to go to Houston so he can sit home, make 15 starts (probably going 3-7 or so) and rake in another $11 million, only to "retire" in October to come back out of retirement in mid-June for another ridiculous contract. He is the most selfish ass in the sport (who will continue to do this until Houston stops offering him fat contracts, no doubt), seconded only by Alex "I'll take that $252 million to go to Texas, who is a perennial loser, instead of taking less money to play on a contender in New York...wait, wait, WAIT, Texas stinks, TRADE TO NYY PLZZZZZZ oh and I want the same contract k thx!" Rodriguez.

Edited by oldskool