Recent musical discoveries

Liam

The funniest thing about things like this is that is shows how quick the "anti-bandwagon" bandwagon is to sink its teeth into things (a concept I discussed in some other topic).

Arctic Monkeys themselves don't push themselves as the next big thing, its magazines and the internet that chooses who the next poster boy/band for these kinda things are. If no-one hyped the Arctic Monkeys, most of the people who think they are "OMG SHITE~!" wouldn't even care enough about them to be bothered. It's the same thing you see happening to bands like Trivium and My Chemical Romance.

They obviously have something to offer (thats all three of those bands) if they are as big as they are...people don't just go out of thier way to buy shit music just because it is "cool" to do so.

And seriously, who didn't see NME putting them in the top 10 albums of all time as a tool to get people talking about the issue?

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The funniest thing about things like this is that is shows how quick the "anti-bandwagon" bandwagon is to sink its teeth into things (a concept I discussed in some other topic).

Arctic Monkeys themselves don't push themselves as the next big thing, its magazines and the internet that chooses who the next poster boy/band for these kinda things are. If no-one hyped the Arctic Monkeys, most of the people who think they are "OMG SHITE~!" wouldn't even care enough about them to be bothered. It's the same thing you see happening to bands like Trivium and My Chemical Romance.

They obviously have something to offer (thats all three of those bands) if they are as big as they are...people don't just go out of thier way to buy shit music just because it is "cool" to do so.

And seriously, who didn't see NME putting them in the top 10 albums of all time as a tool to get people talking about the issue?

Edited by YI

:wub: erm...I need something to post...erm...The Matches and Frank Turner.

Blue October

Collective Soul has recently become one of my favorite bands

Crossfade I like a lot

Days Of The New (I liked Tantric since they first came out, but just now am getting into Days)

Galactic (Awesome jam band)

Institute (Gavin Rosdale's new band)

I stumbled across a metalcore band today called Odd Project. Pretty good. I've been listening to them for a few hours now and I'm really digging them. If you like Trivium or bands similar, then there is no harm in giving them a listen. Not as good as Trivium, but yeah, if you're into them you might enjoy Odd Project as well. They have better tracks then the ones just on the band's purevolume or myspace or whatever, so look around... but not on filesharing programs though....never...er..*cough*

Edited by Enter Blue Guy

Oh, Zion I too after I watched My Block: The Bay on MTV. Sway went around and talked to a lot of San Francisco hip-hop artists and Zion I is the group that stuck out the most to me, so I grabbed some mp3s. It's pretty good stuff, I really dig Revolution (B-Boy Anthem).

And Reily - ASF are an industrial band.