Female vocalists? (opinions)

Liam

I guess I am one of the few people who don't really notice the difference between a male and a female singer. A girl in a band doesn't really change anything for me, but not having them there doesn't affect me. But hey, that is me.

It depends on the band and the music being played, but I appreciate female vocalists. Bands like the Alice Bag Band, X, Thee Headcoatees, Destroy All Monsters, and The Avengers were all brilliant, and all female fronted.

Don't get me wrong, I do appreciate them when they are good, but there are no female bands I place anywhere near my favourite bands.

To be honest, maybe I'm weighting it a lot on the vocals when the band itself just don't perform for me....but I am a big vocals person, so I'm not sure.

I do have a lot of female fronted bands I don't mind, I just can't get that excited about any of them for whatever reason.

I know where you're coming from, in fact I'd say the same for myself, as far as not placing any female fronted bands at the top of my list of favorites. It's not that I don't think their music is great, it's just so happens that there are not any female fronted bands that blow my mind like my favorites.

In the bands I listed I'd say X and the Alice Bag Band were the best of the bunch, and X is maybe a stretch to classify as "female fronted" since they also had a male vocalist. Although, the John Doe wasn't as prominently featured as the vocalist like Exene was. On top of that, they're not even the best band with the name X (the Austrailin group comes to mind).

I like female vocalists. As well as all the bands Tristy listed and people like PJ Harvey, Camera Obscura and the Be Good Tanyas, a lot of my current favourite bands have female vocalists.

The Long Blondes

Love is All

Deerhoof

Shiny Toy Guns

We Start Fires

Women also make shit comedians.

However there was also someone on 8 Out Of 10 Cats a couple of weeks ago who was funny, and fit. I recognised her but couldn't put a name to the face.

I like female vocalists. As well as all the bands Tristy listed and people like PJ Harvey, Camera Obscura and the Be Good Tanyas, a lot of my current favourite bands have female vocalists.

The Long Blondes

Love is All

Deerhoof

Shiny Toy Guns

We Start Fires

Women also make shit comedians.

However there was also someone on 8 Out Of 10 Cats a couple of weeks ago who was funny, and fit. I recognised her but couldn't put a name to the face.

Yeah...looks horrible there though...bah...must have been pissed. :shifty:

Wasn't easy to find a nice pic, but I agree she's pretty hot. Her little rant about shaving her hair off on 8/10 Cats made me chuckle too.