The Guitar Hero Thread

apsham

GH2 Guitar>>>>>>>>>>Anything

Agreed. I didn't like the WT guitar. The touch thing is too hard to tell where your hand is, in fact it's much easier just to tap the regular buttons during those parts. The whammy bar is ridiculously too big, and the guide button sticking out is just annoying. That and a lot of people I know having problems with the guitar reading notes and the strum bar fucking up.

I agree with Dragsy in that WT is the best guitar hero game they've come up with so far. Not only is it mindless fun, moreso then the previous games, but it is also much easier to enjoy with friends then beforementioned previous games. It does have alot of bugs however but they seem to only occur at random. One of my friends has had absolutely no problem with the drumkit at all while others own a completely unplayable one. However, they do need to either rid the world of those slidey notes or just apply the buttons (and the notes in the game itself) better because they are completely impossible to hit properly and the buttons fucking suck.

• 2 weeks later...

Prisoner of Society is also awful on bass.

Okay beat that after a few more tries. :) Still, what a horrible chart.

Oh come on BYOB is just stupid with the open notes everywhere. :/

50 minutes later and still an impossible song to beat. Just ridiculous. :/ Seriously, what the fuck is up with this retarded song? I can only seem to get to 60% and that's it.

So after like 90 minutes on BYOB I finally beat it. 100G for beating Expert. It was worth that frustration. :shifty:

Edited by Fitzy

So I was playing GH3 at my mates the other day and it's unbelievable how much that controller sucks in comparison to the new one. Also, Raining Blood can go fuck itself but I still reckon Van Halen and Satch are harder (on medium and hard levels, I've never met anyone sick enough to get far into any of those 3 songs on expert).

• 2 weeks later...

So 2009 will have Guitar Hero: Metallica, Guitar Hero 5, and Guitar Hero: Greatest Hits.

No news on GH5 but GHGH will have songs from Guitar Hero 1, 2, 80's, and 3 and it will be for all instruments this time around. I assume this means getting the master tracks this time around...

Also, in GH Metallica, Lemmy and King Diamond did motion capture and will be characters in the game. Mercyful Fate also re-recorded Evil for the game with 4 of the 5 original band members...why, I don't know. I guess the original master wasn't good? Who knows.

Edited by Fitzy

So 2009 will have Guitar Hero: Metallica, Guitar Hero 5, and Guitar Hero: Greatest Hits.

And don't forget Guitar Hero: Modern Hits for the DS, Guitar Hero: Arcade for the 11 arcades left in the country, possibly DJ Hero and the new KFC Guitar Hero Meal. Also, Guitar Hero: Dead Horse may get delayed into 2010. Apparently Activision learned nothing from destroying the Tony Hawk franchise.

Edited by Zero

And don't forget Guitar Hero: Modern Hits for the DS, Guitar Hero: Arcade for the 11 arcades left in the country, possibly DJ Hero and the new KFC Guitar Hero Meal. Also, Guitar Hero: Dead Horse may get delayed into 2010. Apparently Activision learned nothing from destroying the Tony Hawk franchise.

...and I am already burned out on these music games. I am guessing all the micro transactions and all the peripherals make it a very valuable franchise, but I can't see them helping themselves out by releasing 1,000 more games in a year.

So, I'm heavily considering picking up GH: Metallica when it drops at the end of the month, but I'm still waiting for that one thing to push me over the edge and make me have to have it.

Right now, I'm waiting to see if there will be DLC and what kind it will be. If they just expand on missing Metallica tracks and add more from the other artists featured in the game, then I will definitely have to have it. The prospect of having more King Diamond or Glenn Danzig tracks would be worth my $60.

EDIT:

From everything I've read, and based on the fact that GH Aerosmith didn't receive DLC... it's looking like there won't be an DLC for GH Metallica at all, aside from the fact that if you've downloaded the Death Magnetic tracks for World Tour, they will transfer over.

If this is the case, then I really can't see myself paying $60 to play with a limited setlist, when Rock Band is still treating me fairly well.

I really do enjoy Metallica, and there are quite a few songs I'd love to have by the other bands... but I just don't think it's worth $60.

Other games in the genre are expansive due to the DLC offered. This game will not be. I don't see how it should be the same price.

Edited by Gabriel

So, I'm heavily considering picking up GH: Metallica when it drops at the end of the month, but I'm still waiting for that one thing to push me over the edge and make me have to have it.

Right now, I'm waiting to see if there will be DLC and what kind it will be. If they just expand on missing Metallica tracks and add more from the other artists featured in the game, then I will definitely have to have it. The prospect of having more King Diamond or Glenn Danzig tracks would be worth my $60.

EDIT:

From everything I've read, and based on the fact that GH Aerosmith didn't receive DLC... it's looking like there won't be an DLC for GH Metallica at all, aside from the fact that if you've downloaded the Death Magnetic tracks for World Tour, they will transfer over.

If this is the case, then I really can't see myself paying $60 to play with a limited setlist, when Rock Band is still treating me fairly well.

I really do enjoy Metallica, and there are quite a few songs I'd love to have by the other bands... but I just don't think it's worth $60.

Other games in the genre are expansive due to the DLC offered. This game will not be. I don't see how it should be the same price.

Because people will pay the same price straight away. Give it 6 weeks and you'll be able to pick it up for £20 ($30-40)

That's good to know.

I didn't pay much attention to GH Aerosmith, so I wasn't sure if it went down in price at all.

$30 is much more in line with what I'm willing to pay for a static game in this genre. So I'll pick up Metallica this summer, or earlier... whenever it drops to $30.

So I can beat Hot For Teacher on expert guitar but can't get past 14% on BYOB, meaning I'm one song away from beating the expert guitar tour. Upcoming DLC is as follows.

The European Track Pack (Available March 5th)

* "Break It Out" by Vanilla Sky

* "In the Shadows" by The Rasmus

* "C'est Comme Ca" by Les Rita Mitsouko

The European Track Pack (Available March 19th)

* "What Have You Done" by Within Temptation

* "Hier Kommt Alex" by Die Toten Hosen

* "Carolina" by M-Clan

The Jimi Hendrix Track Pack (Available March 19th)

* "Freedom" by Jimi Hendrix

* "Angel" by Jimi Hendrix

* "Foxey Lady (Live)" by Jimi Hendrix

The Queen Track Pack (Available March 26th)

* "We Are The Champions" by Queen

* "Fat Bottomed Girls" by Queen

* "C-lebrity" by Queen

Why the fuck is Heir Kommt Alex in like, every music game available these days? Jesus >_> Also, boo to no Bohemian Rhapsody.

EDIT : And apparently they missed one:

On March 26th, Bond aficionados and Guitar Hero rockers alike will have another reason to celebrate as Guitar Hero World Tour releases a new recording of the classic James Bond theme song as downloadable content.
Edited by Kaney

Guitar Hero: Greatest Hits information:

IGN has an interview with Paul Gadbois, producer on Guitar Hero: Greatest Hits, the franchise-milking upcoming compilation of what Activision has determined are the most popular songs from every console GH title to date. Canadian development studio and port-expert, Beenox, is putting together the disc, which hits 360, PS3, PS2 and Wii in June. (It's confirmed at $60 for the 360/PS3 release, $40 on Wii and $30 on PS2.)

According to Gadbois, this mash-up of previous Guitar Hero games will offer full band play on all 48 of its included (master) tracks, while also including the music studio, character creation, and online features introduced in Guitar Hero World Tour. Eight tracks-from-the-past have been revealed so far:

"Barracuda" by Heart

"I Love Rock N Roll" by Joan Jett and The Blackhearts

"I Wanna Rock" by Twisted Sister

"Killer Queen" by Queen

"Killing in the Name" by Rage Against The Machine

"Nothin' But A Good Time" by Poison

"Them Bones" by Alice in Chains

"Through the Fire and Flames" by Dragonforce

Guitar Hero: Greatest Hits information:

IGN has an interview with Paul Gadbois, producer on Guitar Hero: Greatest Hits, the franchise-milking upcoming compilation of what Activision has determined are the most popular songs from every console GH title to date. Canadian development studio and port-expert, Beenox, is putting together the disc, which hits 360, PS3, PS2 and Wii in June. (It's confirmed at $60 for the 360/PS3 release, $40 on Wii and $30 on PS2.)

According to Gadbois, this mash-up of previous Guitar Hero games will offer full band play on all 48 of its included (master) tracks, while also including the music studio, character creation, and online features introduced in Guitar Hero World Tour. Eight tracks-from-the-past have been revealed so far:

"Barracuda" by Heart

"I Love Rock N Roll" by Joan Jett and The Blackhearts

"I Wanna Rock" by Twisted Sister

"Killer Queen" by Queen

"Killing in the Name" by Rage Against The Machine

"Nothin' But A Good Time" by Poison

"Them Bones" by Alice in Chains

"Through the Fire and Flames" by Dragonforce

Fucking Guitar Hero... no DLC for this either, I suppose... BUT, again, if it drops to $30 after a couple of months, will be totally worth it.

Here's a short list of what I want in the game:

Symphony of Destruction - Megadeth

Thunder Kiss '65 - White Zombie

Ziggy Stardust - David Bowie

Beast and the Harlot - Avenged Sevenfold

Free Bird - Lynyrd Skynyrd

Heart Shaped Box - Nirvana

John the Fisherman - Primus

Mother - Danzig

Salvation - Rancid

Strutter - KISS

Sweet Child O' Mine - Guns n' Roses