Your favourite movies from different countries

Australia: Mad Max

France: Leon (although, I've only seen the U.S. version, aka The Professional)

Italy: The whole Man With No Name trilogy and the Sabata movies with Lee Van Cleef (the one with Yul Brynner sucked)

Japan: Seven Samurai, Godzilla King Of The Monsters, Police Branch 82 (anything else I list would be an anime film)

Hong Kong: Hard Boiled, The Killer, Return of The Five Deadly Venoms (misnamed, because it isn't a sequel; just has the same actors in it)

United States: Arsenic and Old Lace, The Maltese Falcon

And I believe Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon is actually from Taiwan, not China, but I may be wrong about that.

Note: I'd also add a movie to my Japan list, but I can't remember the name of it right now. Its essentially a version of MacBeth but with samurai, starring Toshiro Mifune, and I believe its an Akira Kurosawa film.

Note two: The Killer is actually a remake of a French film called Le Samurai. I've never seen the original, though.

Edited by GhostMachine

Note: I'd also add a movie to my Japan list, but I can't remember the name of it right now. Its essentially a version of MacBeth but with samurai, starring Toshiro Mifune, and I believe its an Akira Kurosawa film.

Throne of Blood

Wrong. The film is Ran.

Then again, the Mifune thing stands up so it might be Throne... :shifty:

Edited by Mickanomics

Throne of Blood

Edited by Pepsi

Throne of Blood

Wrong. The film is Ran.

Then again, the Mifune thing stands up so it might be Throne... :shifty:

Ran is a remake of 'King Lear' not MacBeth. Throne of Blood was a remake of MacBeth.

Oh yes, thank you. Got the Shakespearian tragedies confused.