The Shield Season Five

Fitzy

Wow. I knew a death was coming but I didn't know when it would happen. And it turns out it was Shane? Certainly one of the best moments ever ont he Shield was that scene. It was awesome. I couldn't believe Shane would ever do that to a friend of his. Sure, they had some problems but those seemed to be worked out. But Shane, not wanting to be taken down alongside Lem sure showed that he only is looking out for himself. I also cannot believe that he did this on his own. Not even Vic knew it was coming. I knew Ronny would have nothing to do with this, but at least Vic is in on it all, but not this time. I like that. The fight between Vic and Kavaugah could have been so much better. It was just the two of them rolling on the ground. No punches were thrown at all.

It's going to be so interesting in the next season/second half of this season with Vic looking for the killer and finds out it is Shane. I don't know what to expect if/when he finds out it is Shane. On one hand, Vic killed Terry to keep his team safe. Shane killed Lem to keep himself/his team safe. It's going to be very interesting indeed.

Guest Bluesman

That's one of the great things of this show, how everything connects and seems to come full circle. Look at the end of the show, for example, it's going to be built around Shane killing another cop (and the fallout), when the beginning of the show (and perhaps it's most important/defining moment) was Vic/Shane killing another cop. Another example would be how Lem ended up in this mess in the first place as part of the attempt to save Shane's ass, how nothing was more important (including his morals/values) to Lem than the team and it was a member of the team who killed him, etc. It's the things like these that really make it above every other show.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Bluesman

So I watched season 1 on Spike tonight, and they had the episode where Julien had seen them steal the coke. Evidently then Acevada called it into IAED, yet during this past season I don't ever recall them mentioning the report/allegation of stolen drugs. Did I miss something this past season, or was this seemingly forgotten?

• 2 weeks later...

I finally was able to catch up with the end of the first half of the season. This was the best season I feel, and I think that The Shield is one of the best shows on television. I can't believe that this is going to be the last season. So much has been coming into play, I was kinda shocked that I've seen Julian on another television show, which freaked me out, because I expected something to happen to him before the first half of the season was over. It's the same shock that I had when that one chick from Rescue Me showed up on Numbers. I already miss LEM!!!

So I watched season 1 on Spike tonight, and they had the episode where Julien had seen them steal the coke. Evidently then Acevada called it into IAED, yet during this past season I don't ever recall them mentioning the report/allegation of stolen drugs. Did I miss something this past season, or was this seemingly forgotten?