Visions Top 150 Albums of all Times

Herr Matzat

Roots made it? Was it that popular in Germany? That's arguably the worst Sepultura album I've ever heard.

I totally agree with Keith, QOTSA are terrible - and I listen to a decent bit of stoner rock. Kyuss? Good. QOTSA? Uh, not.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK Computer and Kid A are both fantastic albums.

To my taste, Homogenic by Bjork should be way higher but meh, what do I know...

Good to see Massive Attack on the list and all three Muse albums though they were in the wrong order....

Absolution > Showbiz > Origin of Symmetry

Edited by ChrisSteeleAteMyHamster

I agree with the majority of it, glad to see 13th Step by A Perfect Circle was rated higher than Mer De Noms - I've always seen it to be better despite what everyone else I know thinks. QOTSA at 2? Well I can see it, great album although Rated R is much more rounded. Toxicity is nice to see so high and overall I pretty much agree with it.

I'm not going to point out every glaring problem, but how the hell did Audioslave's self-titled top Out of Exile, which is superior in every way and not even on the list?

Hits the nail on the head, that boy.

Blame the Germans.

And TAFKA, I think most people go with the general consensus that "Thirteenth Step" is the better album as a whole (which makes sense, with it being a concept album as is), yet "Mer De Noms" has individually better songs, but just doesn't work as well as a whole album. Nothing on "Thirteenth Step" comes close to "3 Libra's", "Judith" or "Magdelena", aside from probably "Pet" or "The Nurse Who Loved Me" IMO (even though that second song is a cover in the first place).

I'm not going to point out every glaring problem, but how the hell did Audioslave's self-titled top Out of Exile, which is superior in every way and not even on the list?

Blame the Germans.

And TAFKA, I think most people go with the general consensus that "Thirteenth Step" is the better album as a whole (which makes sense, with it being a concept album as is), yet "Mer De Noms" has individually better songs, but just doesn't work as well as a whole album. Nothing on "Thirteenth Step" comes close to "3 Libra's", "Judith" or "Magdelena", aside from probably "Pet" or "The Nurse Who Loved Me" IMO (even though that second song is a cover in the first place).

Blame the Germans.

Hmm, I have listened to those songs quite a lot more recently than I have before but I don't particulary see it personally. They are good songs but fall behind - "Weak and Powerless", "The Noose", "Blue", "The Outsider", "Pet" and "The Nurse Who Loved Me" for me. Fuck it I'll play them again now to have another listen :P

A Perfect Circle generally are best known for the 3 songs I named off the first album, whilst not really for anything overly from the 2nd album, other than the album itself. Songs like "Blue" and "The Noose" just don't really do much on thier own, personally, but work well as the album progresses, and "Weak And Powerless" whilst good, just comes across to me as a little bit of a contrived, "this is the single on this album" kinda song.

I only heard of "Weak and Powerless" and "The Outsider" when I decided to buy Thirteenth Step but when it was two CDs for 20 I picked up Mer de Noms. "3 Libras" is easily their best song followed by "W+P" and "The Noose".

OK Computer should be on the list just for the brillance that is "Karma Police". That is all.

But that's just one song, and it's only a single. It's not the best song on the album (Exit) and though it's the best single on the album, I don't think it's better then There There, and thus is not in my opinion their best single. The rest of the album, outside of a few top tracks on OK Computer, is really pretty forgettable. And while there's a sleeper here or there on Hail, I think it's clearly a better album, and you could make the case that Kid A should be at least on even keel. The absence of Amnesiac is in my opinion a criminal offense.

As far as the raging debate (QOTSA): I think they're perfectly acceptable, easy listening rock. They have very little depth, but decent instrumentation and occaisionally pop up with a golden bit of filler. Sure, for the most part, they're not phenomonal, but they're good. Number two on a best of all time list? I don't think so.

And personally, I thought Toxicty was the best System of a Down album (having owned it, the self titled, and Steal). I thought Toxicity was the best by a long shot, and I despised Chop Suey. I think it was salvalged by the rest of the disk. Steal was decent, and the new stuff just seems too shallow.

And One By One was a pure singles album, which is why it's so high.

I'm not going to bother making a huge stink about it, but I find the lack of love for Matt disheartening. Sure, he's kind of off the radar, but when I see The Killers making multiple entries, it makes my heart wither and die a little.

Oh yeah, Nirvana created whinecore. Recognize.

That's actually the best Top [insert Number] Albums List I've seen in a long time. Few glaring errors, in my opinion, but otherwise it's sound.

The Bends is the best Radiohead album, and so should be higher.

FTM > DITC, although I can see why DITC is so much higher, due to its accessibility.

Numbers 9,8,7,6 should swap with 5,4,3,2 (Y).

And although I disagree with Nevermind being top of the list, I can see why. It's just not my personal choice, and I disagree with it heavily, in that I find it's actually an over-rated album, but each to their own.

No Kraftwerk on that list at all? That's poor.

Well there's no real electro on the list...It looks pretty much like a rock list with the odd bit of Bjork / Massive Attack thrown in for good measure.

In an "all genre" list, Kraftwerk would be on there

The Get Up Kids being there makes me happy (I can't be arsed to analyse the whole list) though one of their weaker albums was chosen. I much prefer "4 Minute Mile" and "Guilt Show" over "Something To Write Home About".

Maximo Park can get hit by an oil tanker. And Muse's "Absolution" should be a hell of a lot higher. IMO (It's one of my top 10 favourite albums. Possibly Top 5).

Edited by Spyrazul