Total Nonstop Action Wrestling

Dr. Rated-R

IPB Image

On the other side of the 2-hour Spike TV special, Spike TV is said to be pleased. However, TNA management has finally opened its eyes and made some realizations, partly in thanks to the constant criticism of the show provided by some of the veteran's on the booking committee. Management is currently said to be thinking about changing some things, those things in particular being the number of two minute squash matches that fill Impact on a weekly basis, and the constant overbooking, particularly in the main event scene. This is nothing but good news, as TNA is more popular now than it has been since its inception, and Spike TV is supposedly really close to giving them a two hour weekly show. This offer will most likely occur within the next two months. TNA's next show will air on Nov 12, this week's Impact being replaced by the 2-hour show that aired yesterday.

As was mentioned above, TNA management is making some major changes. The word around the locker rooom is that this is a good move, but still, many are afraid that they will be cut. So far, a few cuts have been made. Apollo was the first to be given his notice. Jerrelle Clark has also been cut, and management is done using Johnny Fairplay of Survivor fame. There are no further plans to book MMA fighter Tito Ortiz on TNA shows either, and TNA management still have no plans of booking Sean Waltman.

In addition to firings, TNA has also made a few signings. It is rumored of course that they're already in talks with Jason Reso (a.k.a Christian) who recently opted not to sign a new deal with the WWE. Due to the nature of his leaving, Reso does not have a No Compete clause. However, these are just rumors at this point, and no official word has been made. Christian has friends in TNA (Jeff Hardy and Rhino, among others) and has kept in touch with them. We know that TNA has agreed to a deal with Sean O'Haire, and has in the last few days signed a new Knockout, Jackie Gayda. They also, today, signed a contract with her husband Charlie Haas. The two will probably debut together.

Edited by blackholesun

IPB Image

Pro Wrestling Update Newsline

By Drew Hall

Total Nonstop Action Wrestling's recent managerial shake up has lead to some changes in staff. They've signed and fired some people. They've signed three new referees, one of them who you may know. Their referee team is now Rudy Charles, Jim Mollineaux, Mark Johnson, and the infamous Earl Hebner. To help train students at the TNA Academy, they've signed Rocky Johnson and Lance Storm to work alongside Terry Taylor. For their medical team, TNA has signed Chris Brannan, Michael Pring, and Barney Hickman. For road agents, they've struck deals with three people by the name of Sean Keith, Grace O'Brien, and Skandar Akbar.

Rumors are still circulating about a Christian to TNA move. WWE owns the name "Christian", so it is most likely that Christian, if he should choose to join the promotion, would do so under his real name, much like Kevin Nash and Scott Hall.

TNA wrestling has pushed back the November PPV, Genesis, until November 27, the reason being that, with only one more show to build up to the original date (that being the Nov 12 Impact), there wasn't enough time to build up to it. The December PPV, Turning Point, will be on December 24th. The 24th is a Saturday, but they didn't want to do the show on Christmas.

WWE have recently made some unprecedented releases of developmental and unused talent that have raised some eye brows. Among those to go are Johnny Jeter, who many have labeled as "Shawn Michaels-esque", CM Punk, Spanky, Bobby Lashley, and James Gibson. Of all of those names, only Spanky and Lashley have No Compete clauses.

TOTAL NONSTOP ACTION's IMPACT!

Saturday November 12th, 2005

Live on Spike TV

Impact! opens with a fancy pyrotechnic extravaganza and a greeting from the voice of TNA, Mike Tenay! Tenay and announce partner, Don West, welcome the fans to wrestling's new alternative.

Rhino Baiting

The theme music of the Man Beast hits as a furious Rhino makes his way to the ring. The fans chant "Rhino!" during his entrance, and he waits for them to silence before speaking.

"Last week, I got robbed! Do you hear me? I got fucking robbed! Jarrett stole my title! Jarrett, do you think you can get away with this? Huh? Do you? Do you think I'm gonna let you leave here tonight? Do you think I'm gonna let you walk out of here tonight with my title? Do you think you're gonna walk out of here at all? Because I doubt that, Jeff, I doubt it. Get out here right now and bring your little cronies. I'm going to kill each and every one of you!"

He throws the microphone down and warms up a bit, circling the ring. Rhino eventually stops in the corner, crouching as if about to deliver the Gore. He waits for a bit, occasionally screaming "Come on!" and other such phrases, until finally the music of, instead of Jarrett, AMW begins to play. The NWA Tag Team Champions walk out onto the entrance way, Harris holding a microphone.

"Cut the music!" He begins. "So Rhino, how do you feel? Is your back aching? Are you hurt? Do you feel like a fallen man? A failure? Huh? I'm glad you called us out here Rhino, the Cowboy and I've been talkin' all week about what we were gonna do to top the last beat down we gave you."

Harris pauses, the crowd boos.

"I know what you're thinking – well, I say thinking. I'm not sure if you're actually capable of "thought", per say, but that's another issue. Anyways, I know what's going on in that ugly skull of yours, Rhino. "Where's Jeff Jarrett?" Jarrett's not here yet. But he's coming. He's already been here. He went to go get his name put back on the NWA Championship. You know, Jeff tells us he hates going through that every time he wins the belt –"

"Shut up already! I told you to come out here and fight, not run your mouth. Get in the ring!"

"Haha. Yeah. Right. Rhino, I know you said that and all, but, I mean, Christ. James and I are, well, we're a bit more civilized. If you want a fight, take us both on later tonight in a handicap match!"

Rhino nods.

"Alright boys. Tonight, I'll rip you both apart. I'll give you a little taster of what Team 3D and I are gonna do to you and Jeff Jarrett at Genesis!"

Rhino's music hits, as TNA fades to a commercial break.

75%

Ron Killings vs Samoa Joe

Joe enters the ring first to massive heel heat from the live audience. Tenay puts over not only his size and strength but his agility and intelligence. Killings comes down second to a loud pop, although he comes down without BG or Konnan.

Both men circle the other, and finally lock up. Joe forces Killings into a headlock, turns it into a headlock takedown and keeps the lock held, and Killings nips back up to his feet, Joe's headlock still applied. Killings does a spin, reversing the headlock into a wristlock of his own, but Joe reverses it and whips Killings into the ropes, giving him a hard standing shoulder block. The two go back and forth for the next two minutes, neither getting a clear advantage, until finally Joe takes the advantage by reversing a whip into the corner and delivering a big running knee. Killings falls. Samoa Joe grabs him and sends him into the other turnbuckle, delivering a second knee. The Truth doesn't fall this time, but staggers forward. Joe grabs him and delivers a big german suplex. Gasps echo throughout the crowd, showing the impact of the move. Joe rolls Killings over and goes for a pin. 1…2… Joe breaks the pin. He lifts Killings up and delivers another big german suplex, followed by a second pin. Again, Joe breaks the pin, although Killings is obviously done. Joe roars and taunts the crowd, inciting a large heel reaction from the audience. Joe picks up Killings and sets him up for what could be a power bomb. He lifts the lifeless Ron Killings into the air and holds them there, about to power bomb the life out of him. But wait, Kip James is in the ring! James chop blocks Joes knee, causing him to fall. The referee rings the bell! Joe wins via DQ.

Joe gets up and goes to clothesline Kip James, but James ducks under and then delivers a drop kick. He plays up to the crowd as Joe gets up, and then nails the Famouser! Again James plays to the crowd for a second, getting a nice pop. He tends to Ron Killings, helping him up and taking him to the back. TNA fades to a commercial.

Winner: Samoa Joe via DQ

73, 71, 75

The… 4 Live Kru?

The camera cuts to Konnan and BG James, sitting in the back and watching the monitor. There seems to be some hostility between them. Suddenly, there's a knock on the door.

"Get it, BG."

"You get it."

Konnan sighs, shakes his head, gets up, and opens the door. In walks Kip James, supporting the weakened Ron Killings. James helps Killings over to the couch. They all stand there in silence.

"Well?" Konnan asks, still holding the door, clearly wanting Kip to leave.

BG jumps up and gets in Konnan's face.

"Man, why ya gotta be like that?"

"Like what?"

"Like that! Kip just saved the sun-tanned superman from takin' a tough'n from a rough'n and all you got to say to him is 'get the hell outta my room'?"

"Pretty much, ese."

"Man," BG went on, "Drop it okay. Kip's not out to get us."

"I… yes he…. I…. well… alright, ese." He turns to Kip James. "Thanks, yo."

"…no problem, man. I'm here to help. So… can I stay?"

"Hmm," BG looks at Konnan and then James, "Close the door and pull up a seat."

The group sit down as the camera cuts to a commercial.

78%

AJ Styles and Austin Aries vs Christopher Daniels and Petey Williams

Aries comes out first, to a pretty good show of respect from the crowd. X-Division champion AJ Styles comes out second, getting the best reaction of the night thus far. Williams, the number 1 contender as of last night, comes out next, Scott D'Amore at his side (his side of course being wrapped in a bandage due to his recent Ultimate X matchup), and then finally Daniels literally runs out and immediately pounces Styles.

Daniels nails Styles with shot after shot, eventually beating him into the corner of his team. He nails Styles with several vicious shots to the back of the neck, and then a Samoa Joe-esque running knee to the face. Styles gets up and walks into a Japanese arm drag, followed by a regular arm drag. Styles gets up again and blocks an attack from Daniels and then delivers some kicks to the knee, and finally Daniels just punches Styles, sending him staggering back, but this turns foul for Daniels when Styles suddenly hits the pele kick! He tags out to Austin Aries. Aries jumps over the rope and immediately the crowd start chanting for him. He waits for Daniels to stagger up, and then irish whips him. He slides between a rebounding Daniels' legs, and then bends over, causing Daniels to bounce off of the ropes and then slide over his back and keep running. Finally, on Daniels' third trip to the ropes, Aries nails him with a big belly to belly suplex! Aries jumps up and plays to the crowd, and then out of nowhere springboards off of the inside rope and clotheslines Williams to the outside, but going with him in the process. The crowd start chanting for him again. D'Amore, ever the evil, tries to attack Aries, but he, as well as both Aries and Daniels, is greeted unexpectedly by an over-the-top-rope dive by AJ Styles! And then, to make it complete, Daniels runs and jumps swanlike over the top rope. All four men, as well as Scott D'Amore, are sprawled out at the foot of the entranceway. TNA cuts to a commercial. Upon return, we're greeted to Daniels vs Aries in the ring. Aries, dazed, nails a few chops and then goes for a kick, but Daniels catches it. Aries then does a back flip out of the hold, kicking Daniels in the face and making him stagger. He goes, still dazed, to tag out to Styles, and at the same time Daniels manages to tag in Williams. Styles takes out Williams with a clothesline, and then nails Daniels. He takes out Williams, again, with a running clothesline, and nails a rising Daniels with his signature jumping clothesline. He turns around to Williams and delivers a big arm drag, and Williams comes back with one of his own. Styles whips Daniels, but it's reversed, and Daniels delivers a "kitchen sink" knee to the stomach of a rebounding Styles! He poses to the crowd. "Let's go AJ!" chants begin. Williams stomps away at his stomach, and then allows AJ to rise. He delivers some punches to the gut, and then a few kicks. He whips Styles off the ropes, and does some sort of inverted tilt-a-whirl that ultimately ends with Styles being slammed stomach first onto the knee of Petey. Petey Williams goes for a cover, 1…2… kick. Williams stomps at the stomach of Styles some more, but Styles manages to get up. Williams goes for a kick, but Styles catches it and literally throws him across the ring. Williams gets up and runs into a tilt-a-whirl tiger driver. Both men are down. 1…2… nothing. 5…6… still nothing. 7…8…9… nothing. Suddenly Daniels jumps over the top rope, grabs Styles, and nails him with the Angel's Wings! The referee goes ballistic. He forces Daniels back out onto the apron, but the damage has been done. Austin Aries leaves the apron and goes after Daniels, the two of them fighting on the outside. Williams gets up, and then sets Styles up on the top rope. He climbs up himself. From the top rope, Williams nails a HUGE Canadian Destroyer! He pins immediately, showing new life. 1…2…3!

D'Amore climbs into the ring and the two of them celebrate. Meanwhile, Daniels nails Aries with a chair shot on the outside. Petey kicks AJ a few times, and then picks him up and delivers a second Canadian Destroyer. Styles is lifeless. Petey shouts "I'll see you at Genesis!" before turning to leave, and coming face to face, chest to chest, with The Fallen Angel Christopher Daniels. They stare at one another for a minute, and then Williams pushes him aside and exits the ring. The camera cuts to commercial break after panning to Daniels, and then Williams, and then the carcass of AJ Styles.

Winner: Petey Williams via pinfall

Jeff Hardy vs Monty Brown At TNA's Genesis!

Impact! returns from commercial break with a shot of Shane Douglas standing in the back, ready to interview The Alpha Male Monty Brown! Monty Brown has a smile on his face, and is dressed in his usual wrestling gear. The fans pop at the sight of him.

"I'm standing here with The Alpha Male Monty Brown, the man who will take on The Charismatic Enigma Jeff Hardy in a few weeks at TNA's Genesis. The winner will become the #1 contender for Jeff Jarrett's NWA Championship! Monty, what's on your mind?"

"What's on my mind? What's on my mind? I'll tell you what's on my mind, Shane! What's on my mind is this: the NWA World Heavyweight Title! That's what's on my mind, Shane! That and Jeff Jarrett, and what I'm gonna do to him for that title – "

"Well," Douglas interrupts, "What about your fellow TNA fan favorite and soon to be opponent, Jeff Hardy?"

"What about Jeff Hardy, Shane? What about him? I couldn't care less about Jeff Hardy. He's of no interest, and he's not a threat. And as far as I'm concerned, all he's gonna get outta me is the PPPPPPPPPPPPOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOUUUUUUNNNNNNNNCEEEEE!"

The camera zooms in on Monty for a minute, and then zooms back out. Jeff Hardy walks into the picture, immediately confronting his opponent.

"Oh really?" He asks Monty. "So I'm not important? I'll show you how unimportant I am, Monty!"

He swings at Monty, hitting him about ten times. He kicks him the gut, and then throws the much larger athlete headfirst into a nearby wall, his head slamming on the surface quite hard. Hardy wipes his hands and walks off nonchalantly, the fans cheering.

74%

Rhino vs America's Most Wanted (James Storm & Chris Harris)

Rhino runs to the ring, slides in, and gets into the corner, ready for some Gore. His entrance as a whole takes less than 10 seconds. AMW do their usual entrance. And then the music of Jeff Jarrett hits, and the new NWA Champion walks out onto the entranceway, his arms folded. He motions for them to go ahead with the match, and looks to be just an observer. His presence distracts Rhino, allowing Harris and Storm to attack from behind.

AMW pound away at the back and neck of Rhino, driving him into the corner. They throw several stiff shots, but eventually Rhino just blasts them away with raw power. Storm gets up and gets a big shoulder block. Harris gets a quick clothesline. Rhino leans on the ropes and points at Jarrett, who nearly raises his arms in a very "what do you want?" sort of way. Rhino turns back to the action and gets nailed in the gut with a kick from Harris, and AMW deliver a double DDT. Storm and Harris climb opposite turnbuckles and pose. They get down and Rhino slowly gets up. He punches Storm, Harris, Storm, Harris, Storm, Harris, and then nails Storm with a big spinebuster! He turns around and takes a super kick by the Wildcat! Harris covers, but gets a short two count. Rhino gets back up and Harris takes a shot at his head. He shakes it off. Storm tries, and Rhino is unaffected. Harris punches, and no effect. Storm fails his punch attempt. They both bounce off the ropes and try a double clothesline, but Rhino ducks and nails them both with a highly effective double Rock Bottom-type maneuver! Rhino yells at Jarrett, and then crouches in the corner, ready for the Gore! Harris gets up and gets ripped into shreds by the GORE! Storm slowly gets up and gets a big power bomb for his troubles! Rhino pins them both with one arm apiece. 1…2…3!

Jarrett jumps up and down in anger, while Rhino leans on the ring ropes and calls him out. "I'm takin' my belt back!" he roars, as Impact fades to black.

Winner: Rhino via pinfall

Overall Rating: 73

The attendance level was 3008 people.

We made $90240 from ticket sales.

Edited by blackholesun

Guest The Imperfect™

Rhino Baiting:

I didn't really like Rhino speech, but hey, what could you do. You had to build up for the main event of the night. Average promo. Nothing special...

Ron Killings vs. Samoa Joe:

I don't know if this match has ever been done before, but I would love to watch it. Basically a build up to the 3 Live Kru Promo after it. Average match...

The... 4 Live Kru?:

If you do get Kip James into the 3 Live Kru to form the 4 Live Kru, I really won't even care. I have seen this done around 5-10 times in so many TNA diaries. The feud they have going is fine as it is... I would rather see BG break away from 3LK to form a tag team with Kip...

AJ Styles and Austin Aries vs Christopher Daniels and Petey Williams:

FANTASTIC match. I would love to see this match on iMPACT! I would still probably like the AJ Styles & Austin Aries & Sonjay Dutt vs. Christopher Daniels & Samoa Joe & Alex Shelley still better then that one, but the match of the night...Very well written and I could practically see it happening in my head...

I hate Monty Brown. I give you a bad grade...

Typicall main event for iMPACT! I figured Rhino would win just to put him over...And of course, in TNA tradition, someone had to interfear for the 7th time in 7 weeks. How original...

Overall: 7.5/10

Notes: Fuck damnit, Alex Shelley dosnt deserve Lower Midcard! PUSH SHELLEY!

Rhino Baiting:

I didn't really like Rhino speech, but hey, what could you do. You had to build up for the main event of the night. Average promo. Nothing special...

Ron Killings vs. Samoa Joe:

I don't know if this match has ever been done before, but I would love to watch it. Basically a build up to the 3 Live Kru Promo after it. Average match...

The... 4 Live Kru?:

If you do get Kip James into the 3 Live Kru to form the 4 Live Kru, I really won't even care. I have seen this done around 5-10 times in so many TNA diaries. The feud they have going is fine as it is... I would rather see BG break away from 3LK to form a tag team with Kip...

AJ Styles and Austin Aries vs Christopher Daniels and Petey Williams:

FANTASTIC match. I would love to see this match on iMPACT! I would still probably like the AJ Styles & Austin Aries & Sonjay Dutt vs. Christopher Daniels & Samoa Joe & Alex Shelley still better then that one, but the match of the night...Very well written and I could practically see it happening in my head...

I hate Monty Brown. I give you a bad grade...

Typicall main event for iMPACT! I figured Rhino would win just to put him over...And of course, in TNA tradition, someone had to interfear for the 7th time in 7 weeks. How original...

Overall: 7.5/10

Notes: Fuck damnit, Alex Shelley dosnt deserve Lower Midcard! PUSH SHELLEY!

Edited by blackholesun

Guest Crossface

Good show, with the highlights are a great X Division tag match and a nice Rhino-Jarret feud continuation until Genesis.

I wonder where are team 3-D, as they would help the show.

And please, PLEASE end the 3 Live Kru-Kip James stuff as soon as possible.no one can fix that horrible storyline.

IPB Image

Pro Wrestling Update Newsline (Nov. 17, 2005)

By Drew Hall

It looks as if TNA is ready for primetime, a group of Spike TV officials said today.We're banking it until the end of this month, and TNA's consistent quality during said time will decide whether or not they get a primetime, Monday night slot for Christmas. People, this is great news. If TNA doesn't crap out over the next two shows and one PPV, we get to see another Monday Night War!

Word has it Raven requested some time off from TNA television. His recent behavior has made some wonder whether or not his time off will be a permanent one.

The Kip James-3 Live Kru angle has just took a turn, and the climax is obviously on the horizon. The sooner the ending, the better.

TNA have decided to part ways with A-1, and are in talks with Glen Gillberti about his returning as an on-screen character. However, at the time the feeling between all parties as that TNA is bursting at the edges, and there isn't enough time for all of the talent. When December comes, this will of course probably change.

Edited by blackholesun

IPB Image

TOTAL NONSTOP ACTION's IMPACT!

Saturday November 19th, 2005

Live on Spike TV

3 Live Kru (Kip, BG, Konnan) vs Diamonds In The Rough (Diamond, Skipper, Young)

Pre-Match: The Diamonds make their way to the ring first, Simon showing his leadership status by standing in the middle. The 3LK theme hits to a big reaction from the crowd and out walk BG James and Kip James. They stop at the top of the stage, and then BG walks back through the curtain and drags a reluctant Konnan out onto the ramp. BG approaches the ring in his usual hip-hoppin’ fashion, whereas Konnan walks with his fists tightly closed. As the Kru hit the ring, Tenay hypes Samoa Joe’s assault on Killings from the previous week, and subsequently the reason that Kip is teaming with the Kru.

Kip James and David Young start the match. Kip comes out swinging, firing some devastating shots to the face of Young. He keeps punching and eventually forcing him into one of the neutral corners. Kip delivers a CHOP~! to the cornered Young, and then a big suplex as Young staggers out of the corner. Kip jumps back up to his feet, plays to the fans a bit, and then tags in BG James. BG comes in, and as usual when a face tags out, things become a clusterfuck. James knocks down Simon Diamond with a punch, gives Elix Skipper a clothesline, and then knocks down David Young with a punch. He repeats his trifecta takedown, forcing the illegal men from the ring. BG proceeds to beat down on Young for some two minutes, until he tags out to Skipper, who comes in and takes a beat down from BGizzle for another two minutes. The match is clearly going in favor of BG. Simon runs in and gets BG’s signature punching combo for his troubles. David Young tries to interfere but gets a Jack Hammer from Kip James for his troubles. BG James whips Elix Skipper, the legal man, into the corner and tags out to an angry Konnan. Konnan looks bewildered. He slowly gets into the ring, his eyes still locked on BG. BG looks at him and yells “Throw the shoe!”, to a huge pop. K-Dawg looks around, and finally smiles. Elix Skipper tries to a make a running comeback of some sort, but gets Konnan’s signature rolling clothesline for his troubles. Konnan jumps up, pulls off the shoe, and waits for Skipper to stand. WHAM! The shoe shot right to the head! Konnan pins, 1…2…3!

Post-Match: BG and Kip celebrate together, while Konnan raises his arms on his own. BG shakes his hand a second later, and Kip tries to. Konnan just looks at him and shakes his head, still a bit “iffy” of Kip. Impact! cuts to commercial as Tenay hypes the 3 Live Kru/Team Canada match at Genesis.

Winner: 3 Live Kru Via Pinfall

A Different Jeff Hardy

The camera cuts to Shane Douglas, standing somewhere in the back with a microphone. He looks around, looking to interview somebody. Jeff Hardy walks right past him, prompting Douglas to grab him by the arm and spin him around.

“Jeff, how about an interview? Can you give us your thoughts on your actions last week?”

“Sure Shane, I can give you my thoughts…”

He pauses, and then punches Shane Douglas in the face. He punches the former ECW champion four more times, and then kicks him in the gut. He grabs a chair and nails Douglas in the head, busting him wide open. Hardy drops the chair on the chest of the fallen Shane Douglas, and then walks away saying “Those are my thoughts, Shane.”

Jeff Hardy’s turn was completed, and he is now a heel.

Austin Aries vs Alex Shelley

Pre-Match: The announcers hyped tonight’s main event, Brother Ray vs Jeff Jarrett, as Aries ran to the ring to a nice pop, high-fiving the fans as he did so. Shelley’s entrance was much slower, and he taunted the crowd on his way down to a mixed reaction. The two shook hands before referee Earl Hebner rang the bell.

The competitors circled the ring a few times, finally making contact when Shelley irish whipped Aries (the fans chanting “Aries-Shelley”), and slid under his rebounding opponent, and then jumping over him, and then dropping down and allowing Aries to jump over him. Shelley finally made contact by running to the ring ropes, springboarding, and catching Aries with a crucifix style pin. 1…2… kick! The two jump back up immediately, Aries nailing a quick arm drag and then walking into an arm drag from Shelley. The two of them get back up and engage in a stand off, the crowd loving it. Shelley and Aries battle back and forth for a minute or two, trading off arm drags and throws for the most part. They tie up, Shelley going behind with a wrist lock, holding it in for a second. He then kicks Austin’s leg out from under him and applies an STF to the grounded Aries! Aries tries to reach the ropes after about 20 seconds, but Shelley quickly jerks his arm back. Shelley bends his own legs, tightening the pull on Austin’s, and then pulls back further on the head. Aries comes close to tapping, but finally, in an effort that undoubtedly took a lot of energy, powers Shelley off of him after spending over a minute in the STF. Shelley rolls across the ring, winding up back on his feet. Aries uses the ropes to pull himself up, and tries to limp over to Shelley. Shelley nails a big running clothesline on Aries, and then jumps into the air, springboarding off of the top ring rope and nailing a modified lionsault, driving his knee directly into the head of Aries on the landing! Shelley stalls a bit, fatigued, and then rolls Aries over for the pin. 1…2… Austin Aries gets a shoulder up! Both men stay down for a seven count, and then finally raise back up. Aries crawls over into the corner, dazed, and uses it to hold himself. This allows Shelley to get to the other corner, and get ready to charge his opponent. Aries turns to face Shelley, and JUST avoids an Alex Shelley attempt at a yakuza kick! Shelley gets hung up in the corner, allowing Aries enough time to recooperate and hit him with a running drop kick. Both men are down until the 8 count. Aries tries to charge Shelley, but out of nowhere Shelley nails the Shell Shock and covers. 1…2…3! Shelley wins!

Post-Match: The referee helps a tired Shelley to his feet, and then raises his hand in victory as Tenay and West praise both workers. Aries gets up to his feet eventually, and offers Shelley a handshake. Shelley thinks about it, and begins to extend his hand, but instead SWERVES~! and nails Austin Aries with a super kick! The camera cuts to a commercial after closing in on Alex Shelley’s smiling face.

Winner: Alex Shelley Via Pinfall

Outsmarting The Man Beast

TNA returns to a commercial break to see a frightened Jeff Jarrett running backstage. It looks almost as if something’s chasing him. The camera pans out a bit, to reveal the Man Beast Rhino charging in Jarrett’s direction.

“Get back here, Jarrett!”

Jarrett continues his get away effort, Rhino in hot pursuit. They run around the arena for a minute or so, Rhino never quite getting his mitts on his prey. Eventually, Jarrett runs through a big black curtain and into obscurity. Rhino looks around for him, and then assumes he’s behind the curtain. The Man Beast goes in after him, the camera remaining outside. Three seconds later, a noise is heard, and Rhino fails through the curtain and to the ground outside it, out cold. Out from behind the curtain walks Jeff Jarrett, closely followed by Gail Kim and Chris Harris, with James Storm walking out in front of them all, holding a sledgehammer and wearing a grin. The camera zooms in on the group, cuts to Rhino’s lifeless body, and then fades to black.

Brother Ray vs Jeff Jarrett

Pre-Match: Brother Ray hits the ring first, high-fiving the fans on his way. Brother Devon is absent. Jeff Jarrett comes down second, carrying his NWA Championship and guitar. The lovely Gail Kim is at his side. As soon as Jarrett hits the ring, Brother Ray attacks him.

The bell sounds, and Brother Ray continues his assault, not even allowing Jarrett to remove his entrance attire. Brother Ray alternates between kidney shots and shots to the face, and then whips Jarrett to the ropes, nailing a back body drop on the King of the Mountain. Jarrett crawls back to the corner, begging off his opponent, as Brother Ray pumps up the crowd. Impact takes its last commercial break of the night with a close-up on Brother Ray’s face. Upon returning from the break, Jarrett takes advantage by chop blocking an unexpected Brother Ray. Jarrett grabs the leg he just chopped and delivers a kick to the the inside of the thigh, followed by another one, and another. He then locks on a spinning toe hold. Jarrett releases the hold after Brother Ray’s screams satisfiy him, and then does his signature strut. At the end of the strut, he starts limping around is if his leg had given out on him, obviously taking a shot at Ray. Brother Ray makes his way up, limping slightly, but delivers a shot to the face of Jarrett. Double J fires back with a shot of his own, but Brother Ray returns it. Shot from Jarrett, shot from Brother Ray. Shot from Jarrett – blocked! Brother Ray with a punch. Another! Another, another, another! Brother Ray goes old school and does his dance, before nailing Jarrett with a final blow to the head, knocking him down. Brother Ray, still limping, plays up to the crowd a bit. Jarrett gets back up, and the two battle around, neither getting a clear lead, for another two minutes or so. Nothing noteworthy occurs until Jarrett attempts to irish whip Brother Ray, but Ray reverses and then falls back on the set of ropes nearest him. Jarrett bounces off of the adjacent set, and then Brother Ray backdrops him to the outside! Ray exits the ring, going after Jarrett, and lifts him up. He drives Jarrett’s head into the ring, and then punches him a bit. He then irish whips Jarrett into the steel steps! Brother Ray is taking it to Jarrett big time. Ray turns around and is greeted by what was almost a chair shot from the beautiful but deadly Gail Kim. He catches the chair, taking it, and walks towards her. Kim backs away and eventually takes off at a full run. Brother Ray chases her around the ring twice, and then she slides into it. Brother Ray and chair enter the ring after her, and she falls backwards, attempting to crawl away. Brother Ray lifts the chair, ready to swing it, but out of nowhere Jeff Jarrett grabs Brother Ray and hits the Stroke! He pins. 1…2…3!

Post-Match: Jarrett grabs the fallen Brother Ray and tosses him to the outside of the ring, to massive heel heat. Meanwhile, Gail Kim leaves the ring to grab a microphone and then hands it to Jarrett. Jarrett waits for the crowd to silence themselves before speaking.

Winner: Jeff Jarrett Via Pinfall

Did He Say "Slapnutz"?!?

“Rhino, if you can hear this right now, I want you to get ready. I am the King of the Mountain again Rhino, and I swear to God and everything holy that I’m gonna knock your ass right off of that mountain at Genesis!”

The fans start to get unruly, booing and shouting at Jeff Jarrett.

“Shut up and listen, you idiots. And you too, you little whore, shut up and listen!” He singles out a pretty young blond from the audience. “Yeah you -- can it! I’ve got something to say. Next week on Impact! I’m bringing a friend of mine, Rhino, and I’ve already talked to the booking committee. Next week on Impact!, Rhino, you’re gonna go one on one with him. Do you hear me, Slapnutz? Next week on Impact!”

Jarrett raises his NWA Championship as his music begins to play. He blacks out the camera with his hand, closing this week’s edition of Impact! on Spike TV.

Overall Rating: (73)

The attendance level was 3001 people.

We made $90030 from ticket sales.

Post-Show Notes:

During the show, Monty Brown informed management that he was being forced into rehab by his family members to end his drug problem, and as such won’t be around for a while. How management will handle the Hardy-Rhino match or feud is unknown.

IPB Image

Six Man Tag Team Action

"The Man Beast" Rhino and Team 3D vs. Jeff Jarrett and America's Most Wanted

X-Division Championship Match

"The Phenomenal" AJ Styles © vs Team Canada's Petey Williams

No Disqualification Match

"The Monster" Abyss vs "The Suicidal, Homicidal, Genocidal" Sabu

NWA Championship No. 1 Contendership Match

"The Charismatic Enigma" Jeff Hardy vs "The Widow Maker" Sean O'Haire*

Tag Team Action

3 Live Kru's BG James, Ron Killings and Konnan vs Team Canada's Bobby Roode, Eric Young, and Johnny Devine

*Monty Brown will be unable to attend Genesis due to an ongoing personal problem. Taking his place will be TNA's latest prospect, Sean O'Haire.

Edited by blackholesun

IPB Image

TNA Wrestling Presents: IMPACT!

November 26th, 2005

Live From Universal Studios In Orlando, Florida

With Don West & Mike Tenay

Only On Spike TV

Impact opens with a video montage. The montage at first hypes the 3 Live Kru’s recent storyline with Kip James and their feud with Team Canada, and then it moves on to hyping the fights between Abyss and Sabu. From there, the montage hypes Jeff Hardy’s heel turn and his attacks on Monty Brown and Shane Douglas, and then moves on to show Petey Williams winning ultimate X and then clips from his recent match (and subsequent assault) against AJ Styles on Impact, and then finally shows clips of Rhino and Team 3D vs Jarrett and AMW, the montage ending with Jarrett holding the NWA Championship high. From there, the camera cuts to shots of the arena and the opening pyro show, while Mike Tenay and Don West hype the fact that Genesis is tomorrow night, only on Pay-Per-View. They also mention that tonight Rhino will go one on one with a mystery opponent.

Toss Me A Beer, Konnan.

The camera fades to the dressing room of the 3 Live Kru (plus Kip). Konnan is sitting in an arm chair beside a cooler, Ron Killings kicked back on the couch, and BG James in an arm chair a few feet to the right of Konnan’s. Kip is sitting on some sort of crate. They sit in silence watching the monitor, everybody but Konnan seemingly happy enough. It’s about 20 seconds before any of them speak.

“Pass me a beer, brother…” BG says, looking at Konnan.

Konnan grunts and grabs a beer, looking somewhat irritated in the process. He tosses it to BG harder than he probably should’ve. BG catches the beer as if nothing was wrong. The Kru go back into silent mode for a moment, until Kip James looks up.

“Toss me a beer, Konnan.” He requests.

Konnan looks disgusted. He sits there for a moment.

“Oh, ya want a beer huh?”

James nods.

“Here’s your damn beer, ese!”

Konnan grabs the entire cooler and tosses it at Kip. Kip just sits there, covered in ice and flabbergasted, as K-Dawg storms out of the room. The camera fades to a commercial break.

Overall: 78

Abyss vs Cassidy Riley

Pre-Match: The Monster, Abyss, makes his way to the ring in his usual style, accompanied by Jim Mitchell carrying a cane. The crowd boo. Next up comes the music of Cassidy Riley, who decides his game plan will be to outspeed Abyss. Riley runs to the ring and slides in, running towards the Monster.

Match: Riley continues running toward Abyss, looking to get an early advantage. However, as soon as he gets within the Monster’s grasp, he immediately takes a Blackhole Slam. Abyss covers with one arm. 1…2…3! This one’s over.

Post-Match: Mitchell gets in the ring to raise the Monster’s arm while Abyss stands tall over the carcass of Cassidy Riley. Suddenly, the lights go out. And what usually happens when a TNA power outage occurs? SABU! Sabu attacks Abyss! The two battle back and forth for a minute, with Mitchell standing back in the corner. The lights go out again for some reason, and when they come back a second later, Abyss is standing at the feet of a fallen, covered in blood Sabu. At his head stands Mitchell, his cane held high like a staff. Abyss poses in his typical fashion as the announcer’s try to decipher what just happened, and then Impact! cuts to a commercial.

Winner: Abyss Via Pinfall

Chris Daniels: The Most Important X-Division Superstar!

Impact! returns from commercial with a close up on the face of the Fallen Angel Christopher Daniels. Daniels is standing in the back with a microphone, dressed in street clothes. He’s silent for a minute, allowing a crowd reaction.

“Well well well, have I got some news for you all! The TNA booking committee has contacted ME, yes ME and only ME, the most important X-Division superstar today, about a match at Genesis! It’s like they knew that without the Fallen Angel the buyrate would be nonexistent!”

The crowd boo.

“At Genesis AJ Styles will, of course, wrestle against... that one guy – what’s his name? – oh yeah, Petey Samson… no… that’s not it. Stevens? Williams, yeah! At Genesis AJ Styles will wrestle Peter Williamson for the TNA X-Division Championship! And that leaves the rest of the X-Division without anything to do. Now we can’t have that happening. So the TNA booking committee has contacted ME to tell ME, the most important X-Division superstar today, to announce a very special 10 Man Battle Royale to determine the number one contendership for the X-Division title!”

The crowd cheer, Daniels pauses.

"And so, with that out of the way –-"

Austin Aries and Sonjay Dutt walk by, temporarily blocking Daniels from the camera. They stop. Aries backtracks to get in the face of Daniels. The crowd cheer.

“Hey Chris, have you heard? The TNA booking committee just called both of us to tell us about a 10 Man Battle Royale for the number one contendership at Genesis…”

Aries and Dutt walk away talking nonchalantly as Daniels stands staring at the camera, his air of importance having left him…

Overall: 86

Matt Bentley vs Petey Williams

Pre-Match:Bentley’s music hits to a moderate pop from the crowd, and he proceeds to hit the ring accompanied by the lovely Traci. Second, to some pretty hard heel heat, is Petey Williams. Williams hits the ring taunting the crowd, accompanied by Scott D’Amore.

Match: The match starts with the typical ring circle and then collar-to-elbow tie up with Petey Williams locking Bentley in a head lock. Bentley pushes Williams off and into the ropes, and then ducks under the rebounding Williams. Upon Williams’ second rebound, Bentley nails a big back drop and then plays up to the crowd for a pop. Williams gets back up and shouts some choice words in the direction of Bentley, and then runs at him. Bentley also runs, nailing a running, jumping, flying elbow in the vein of his uncle Shawn. Bentley pins for a short 2 count. Williams comes back with an arm drag to the a charging Bentley, and then a belly-to-belly suplex to a still charging Bentley. Williams hits the top rope and puts his hands on his heart, and then proceeds to sing the Canadian national anthem. He jumps down just in time for Bentley to come after him, and reverses it by throwing Bentley shoulder-first into the ring rope to some massive heel heat. Williams shouts at the camera as Impact! cuts to a commercial break. Impact! returns with Matt Bentley sitting on the top rope, Williams trying to deliver a superplex. He pulls back on Bentley, but Bentley holds on. He tries again. Again. Again. On the fourth attempt, he pulls Bentley up and it looks as if Williams will succeed, but NO. Shane reverses into a tornado DDT! Both men are down on the canvas. D’Amore is going wild on the outside and Traci is cheering on her man. Bentley begins to stir at about the 6, and by 8 both men are back up. Bentley punches Williams, a dazed Williams staggers and punches Bentley, Bentley throws a right, Williams a left, Bentley a right, and then a left, and then a chop, chop, chop, punch, William staggers backwards a bit, and takes a big dropkick by Bentley! Williams staggers back into the ropes, and Bentley charges and clotheslines Williams over the top rope, knocking himself out in the process. Williams hits the guardrail and Bentley lands pretty bad on his neck. Both men get back up in a few seconds and battle around the ringside, Bentley slamming Williams’ head on the guardrail. D’Amore has a chair! D’Amore attempts to sneak up on Bentley with the chair but Traci grabs it. Meanwhile Williams kicks Bentley below the belt (with the referee watching Traci and D’Amore argue) and rolls him into the ring. Williams goes for a pin but gets a 2. He tries again getting only a 2. Again 2. Williams picks up Bentley and goes for the Canadian Destroyer, but Bentley back drops his way out of the set up! Bentley goes to the corner and, again in the same vein as his uncle, starts tuning up the band! Williams gets up and gets nailed with a perfect super kick! Bentley goes to pin, but the referee is attending to Scott D’Amore on the apron. Bentley gets off of Williams and gets in the face of D’Amore, who was doing anything to buy Petey some time. After a minute of listening to the referee scold D’Amore and try to force him off, Bentley super kicks D’Amore in the face! D’Amore goes flying off of the apron and hits the guard rail. But wait! Williams just nailed Bentley with a German suplex! Bridge pin! 1…2…3!

Post-Match: Williams taunts the crowd for a minute and then lifts up the fallen Bentley. CANADIAN DESTROYER! Williams shouts at the camera “That’s for you, AJ!” Williams slides out of the ring and helps D’Amore to his feet as Impact! cuts to another break.

Winner: Petey Williams Via Pinfall

The Mystery Man

Impact! returns from the commercial break to reveal Team Jarrett in the ring. Jarrett dressed in his ring shorts and a TNA-ified version of the old “Slapnutz!” shirt (“Slapnuts!”, it says), guitar in one hand and mic in the other. James Storm and Chris Harris stand leaning against adjacent corners, both wearing tanktops and denim, Storm wearing a cowboy hat. Gail Kim stands behind Jarrett, dressed very business like.

“Well, it’s that time guys.” Begins Jarrett, talking to his cronies. AMW nod. “It’s time for me to introduce my little friend. The newest member of the faction. The man who will, tonight, not only beat Rhino in competition, but beat him until he can’t walk! I’m not gonna stretch this out, we’re gonna get right to it. Ladies and gentlemen, welcome the one, the only, the next big thing in the wrestling world, CHARLIE HAAS!”

The crowd gives off a mixed reaction, but nonetheless a loud one, as theme music very similar to the WGTT theme hits. Haas walks out onto the stage wearing red ring shorts with lightning bolts on the side, his face clean shaven and his body in prime condition. Haas hits the ring, rolls in, and then shakes hands with Jarrett. He high fives Storm and hugs Harris, Gail Kim kisses him on the cheek. Team Jarrett all exit the ring and pull up seats beside Tenay and West at the announce table while Haas bounces about, waiting for Rhino to hit the ring.

Overall: 79

Charlie Haas vs Rhino

Pre-Match:Haas stands at the ready as Rhino’s music hits. The Man Beast enters in his usual “run straight to the ring and attack” fashion.

Match: Rhino runs directly at Haas, who nails him with a SUPER FAST belly-to-belly suplex. Haas does a jumping Goldberg-esque taunt and insults the crowd as Rhino crawls back up. Rhino runs at Haas, now standing in the corner, and takes a drop toe hold into the bottom turnbuckle. Rhino tries again and this time takes a big drop kick to the face! The Man Beast is having some difficulty here. Wait a minute, where’s Haas going? Haas just slid out of the ring. Charlie Haas walks over to the announce table and asks Jarrett for his chair, which is gladly given to him by the King of the Mountain. Haas slides back in and referee Rudy Charles attempts to take the chair, but gets pushed down for his efforts. Rhino gets back up and WHAM, chair shot to the head! Rudy Charles calls for the bell.

Post-Match: WHAM, another shot! Team Jarrett make their way into the ring. AMW start stomping at Rhino as Haas delivers another hard shot to the head. Jarrett parts the trio and lifts up Rhino. STROKE! He shouts at Haas, who immediately gets the idea and locks on the Haas of Pain. He rips at Rhino’s legs and back with the Haas of Pain for literally almost three minutes while AMW taunt him. Tenay and West keep asking “where are Team 3D?” until finally, after nearly 7 minutes of beating down on Rhino, Brother Ray and Devon hit the ring, sending the entirety of Team Jarrett into retreat. The brothers tend to the lifeless Rhino as Impact! fades to black.

Winner: Rhino via DQ

IPB Image

Pro Wrestling Update Newsline (Nov. 17, 2005)

By Drew Hall

Sabu vs Abyss has been pulled from Genesis, as we can confirm today that Sabu has signed an exclusive contract with the WWE! TNA have issued a press release on their website, and are simply writing the match off. It is believed that Sabu has burned a bridge with TNA management, and would, if he were ever in the situation, not be asked to return to TNA wrestling.

TNA Wrestling has signed Matt Bloom (A-Train/Albert) and Andrew Martin (Test). The duo, who of course competed for some time as a tag team in the WWE and then went on to forge semi-succesful solo careers, will debut under their real names, collectively known as the Allied Powers. Their gimmicks are as of yet unknown.

Spike TV have officially announced the move of TNA to a primetime slot on Monday nights! Starting on the 4th of December, Spike TV will be airing, from 7 to 9, UFC. And then from 9 to 11, in direct competition with Raw, is TNA. While many skeptics believe that TNA is now on its death bed because of this move, officials at both TNA and Spike remain optimistic. Spike is spending big on advertising for the show, and plans to push it hard. It should also be noted that the show is now LIVE.

Edited by blackholesun

Great to see another TNA Diary on the boards very good shows I am liking how you're handling Rhyno and its cool to see Charlie Hass in TNA....whoa bad luck Sabus gone I was looking forward to read Sabu vs Abyss...I am not much of an A-Train fan I dont see what he will add to TNA, Test could work I can see him in Team Canada

I'm a huge fan of NWA and enojoy most NWA and/or TNA diaries. Sucks about Sabu but at the same time I anxious to see the wrestlers formerly knows as A-Train and Test. I think A-Trains entrance is cool. He could possibly do the monster gimmick and destroy the smaller guys or something like that. In fact A-train vs Abyss would be could or A-Train vs Rhino might also be a good match. Test-Always good.

Guest IrishShamrocks013

First time checking it out. It's not bad so far man. a few thoughts:

If your trying to keep it "realistic" TNA going head to head with RAW is terrible. TNA has a long way to go before they can compete with the WWE. Don't get me wrong, I love TNA, and RAW and Smackdown have both been so terrible It's torture to sit through. I actually tried last night cause of Joey Styles, but still couldn't get into anything...except the Angle/crowd bit. that was kinda funny.

But your missing the point. TNA hasn't even been trying to compete with WWE, which is the smartest thing they can do. They're billing themselves as the new alternative, not the new "it" company in wrestling. I do see a more to Primetime in thier future, but Thursday nights would be much more appropriate and where they will probably end up.

If you do have Christian join TNA, Why not use the name Christian Cage. It was his old indy name, and I doubt WWE has that trademarked. Plus refering to him as Christian Cage would autimatically remind any new fans who he is. ya know, someone who hasn't been following WWE lately...the old..."he looks familair...it's Christian Cage?...oh yeah...CHRISTIAN!"

Test and A-train do nothing for me. And I rather perfer that TNA doesn't have alot of big, slower guys on thier roster.

Liked the Charlie Haas debut.

Pushing back the PPVS would probably piss the cable/satelite company's off, not to mentoin some fans.

Thank you, thank you, thank you....Jeff Hardy needs a change of pace, a heel Hardy sounds just right. I was really gettin tired of him, although after that bump at Bound for Glory, I have a rekindeled respect for the man, that was NUTZ!

Heyman and Benoit may be on the way out of WWE...just something to keep in mind.

Sucks about Sabu and Monty...but don't let that kill any of Abyss's momentum. He could be a huge marketing tool.

Remember...Chris Daniels is the key to the X Division. It's only so long before Styles has to move back up to Main Event. Daniels should carry that division for along time.

In my TNA game, I have Benoit coming in Febuary (after his current WWE deal expires.) How does this sound for Slammiversary '06. Benoit verse and STILL undefeated Samoa Joe! Sorry, just had to get that out...(I'm still drooling at the thought)

the Kip James/3LK stuff doesn't really interest me. 3Lk have been stale for that last year, atleast...and the best thing about Kip James is that he's using Kip James...Kip...hehehe.

I'd love to see Shelley and Strong has a regular Tag Team in the X-division.

Raven...Raven...Raven!!!! We need more RAVEN!!! :-)

Well, that about it...just a little thoughts/suggestions.

After reading through, it sounds kinda negative...please take it in a posotive way. I will be checking back, and will keep reading. I love TNA, and your styles has interested me.

First time checking it out. It's not bad so far man. a few thoughts:

If your trying to keep it "realistic" TNA going head to head with RAW is terrible. TNA has a long way to go before they can compete with the WWE. Don't get me wrong, I love TNA, and RAW and Smackdown have both been so terrible It's torture to sit through. I actually tried last night cause of Joey Styles, but still couldn't get into anything...except the Angle/crowd bit. that was kinda funny.

But your missing the point. TNA hasn't even been trying to compete with WWE, which is the smartest thing they can do. They're billing themselves as the new alternative, not the new "it" company in wrestling. I do see a more to Primetime in thier future, but Thursday nights would be much more appropriate and where they will probably end up.

27 November, 2005

“Listen to me, all of you…”

The voice of Jerry Jarrett rang throughout the room, his accent annoying me and (obviously) some of the other’s in attendance at the staff meeting. I’d never tell him, of course, I mean, he signs my paycheck – wait, no he doesn’t. Panda does. Meh. He does something.

My name is Tom Walters; I’m a newbie to TNA’s staff. They hired me based on my experience with a few random indy feds in the Midwest, mostly. I’ve only been here for a few days, but what little shaking up you’ve saw on TV (Jeff Hardy, anyone?), yeah, those were my ideas. And they’ve been praising me like the second coming of Christ.

“Alright,” Jarrett interrupted my thoughts, “I’ve got some announcements to make. I’m gonna keep this short. As you know, Spike has offered us a primetime deal on Monday nights. Direct competition with Raw. Now, we’ve been saying for a while that competing with the WWE isn’t what we need right now, but this is too good to refuse! Plus Jeff and I have both made an effort to move it to Tuesday, but Spike’s dead set on that Monday slot. So we took it.”

A buzz of excitement hit the room, the internet rumors being confirmed.

“So we’re going on live, December 4th, at 9:00PM. UFC will lead into Impact! every Monday, starting at 7:00. Spike is pumping out the big bucks advertisin’ us, and I’ve scheduled interviews on radio stations and sports shows all across the country for some of our biggest stars. Hell, Spike’s even arranged for Jeff to go on Late Night and the Daily Show to promote it!”

There was a momentary uproar of happy laughter.

“Yes, it’s great. We’re hitting primetime, we’ve got an awesome roster, good storylines, and for the first time in months we’re actually making money!”

A round of applause occurred. As if “breaking even” was really that hard to do.

“I’ve got one more announcement. Head booker Scott D’Amore has asked that I promote our new writer, Tom Walters. I gave it some great thought, and I’d like you all to welcome him to his new job on the TNA booking committee! Stand up, kid!”

I stood. This wasn’t news to me, I’d been given the details before the meeting. But I acted generous enough, and I can’t say this wasn’t a good move. My first day on the job will be the day we meet up to arrange the first ever Monday Night Impact!, and I’m admittedly pretty fucking pumped!

I sat down, the applause having ended, and waited for the Jarretts to dismiss us…

IPB Image

TNA Wrestling Presents: GENESIS!

November 27th, 2005

Live From Universal Studios In Orlando, Florida

With Don West & Mike Tenay

Only On Pay-Per-View

Genesis opens with a video montage, highlighting the recent goings on in TNA. The package closes with a Rhino-Jarrett promotion, and then the camera pans around the arena, getting an overhead shot of the six-sided ring. The cam cuts to the announce table, where Mike Tenay and Don West spend a few seconds hyping the show themselves, before the camera cuts to the entrance way.

3 Live Kru (w/Kip James) vs Team Canada (w/Scott D’Amore)

Pre-Match: Eric Young, Johnny Devine, and in the front Bobby Roode, all followed by the diabolical Scott D’Amore, hit the ring waving their Canadian flag to a heel reaction. The 3 Live Kru music hit, and the group made their way out. The Truth was the only one actually doing the standard entrance, while BG was trying but was obviously distracted. Konnan merely walked in silence, with Kip James bringing up the group’s rear.

Match: Killings starts the match against Eric Young. Killings hits a swift clothesline to start things, and follows it up with a running, flying double-legged kick to both Roode and Devine on the apron, knocking them to the outside. Killings turns and hits a big wheel kick on Young and then plays to the crowd, all of this happening in the space of 10 seconds or so. Young gets to his feet and nails some punches, and then an irish whip on Killings, followed with an attempt at a clothesline. Killings ducks, causing Young to spin around. Killings lifts up Young suplex-style, and slams him down into a face buster! He rolls out of the situation and tags in BG James. James looks at Konnan for a moment, who ignores him, and then gets into the ring. Just as he does this, however, Young manages to crawl over to Bobby Roode and make the tag. BG comes in and immediately gets nailed with a HUGE clothesline from Roode, who then gets in the face of Konnan, who all the while just stares at him, ennui. Roode turns back to BG and takes a punch in the face, but returns with one of his own, and then another, and another, and another, followed by an irish whip and then a big spinebuster! Clearly, BG doesn’t have his game face on. This is made clear as Roode dominates the veteran for some three minutes, and then nails him with a big fall away slam off of the top turnbuckle! Killings is desperately craving the hot tag from his weakened partner, but it just isn’t happening as Roode continues to overpower the weakened BG. BG manages to counter a powerbomb attempt into a backdrop, and is for the first time in minutes not being thrown around by Bobby Roode. Wait a minute! Konnan just jumped off of the apron. He’s grabbing a chair from the announce table… Kip James tries to take it and takes a stiff chair shot to the head! Konnan slides into the ring and nails an unsuspecting BG James in the head with a BRUTAL chair shot! The referee rings the bell.

Post-Match: Killings tries to get in to confront Konnan, but Konnan waves the chair in his direction, prompting him to stop. He then waves it at Team Canada, keeping them back. Konnan shouts the words “I quit!” into the camera as he walks to the back, the crowd booing.

Winner: 3 Live Kru by DQ

10-Man X-Division #1 Contendership Battle Royale

Pre-Match:All 10 fighters hit the ring. In order, they are: Alex Shelley, Shark Boy, Samoa Joe, Roderick Strong, Austin Aries, Elix Skipper, Chris Sabin, Matt Bentley, Sonjay Dutt, and finally Chris Daniels.

Match:The match starts off as what can only be called a “clusterfuck”, every man swinging wildly. However, things clear up ever so slightly as Samoa Joe eliminates both Shark Boy and Roderick Strong with a clothesline to each! This sparks everybody else to pounce him, the only exception being Christopher Daniels, who hangs back, leaning in the corner. After a moment, Joe manages to with raw power force the entire division off of him, but seconds later takes a SWIFT superkick from Matt Bentley, sending him stumbling backwards into some sort of inverted version of a tornado DDT from Sabin, followed up by a 450 splash from Austin Aries! The three of them toss him out together, and Samoa Joe has been eliminated! A second clusterfuck ensues, the remaining competitors (Sabin, Aries, Bentley, Skipper, Daniels, Shelley, Dutt) going at it wildly. It eventually splits up into Sabin/Dutt/Aries/Bentley versus Skipper/Daniels/Shelley. Shelley nails a big missile dropkick on Dutt, knocking him backwards into the ropes. Daniels, who was working against Sabin, out of nowhere turns and dropkicks Dutt to the outside. Sabin nails the Cradle Shock on Alex Shelley, and soon after Aries nails a big belly-to-belly on Skipper, leaving Daniels alone with both them and Matt Bentley. The three immediately jump him and try to force him to the outside, but the Fallen Angel holds on for the sake of everything Holy, kicking and punching and even headbutting to keep himself from being eliminated. Finally, after what seemed ages, Elix Skipper made it to his feet and delivered a cross body to the entire lot of them, eliminating himself but taking out Sabin and Bentley in the process. Daniels STILL holds on and finally manages to get back into the ring, leaving himself and Aries, as well as Shelley, who was just starting to get up from the Cradle Shock. Aries and Daniels do a little chain wrestling, arm dragging and leg sweeping their way around the ring for about a minute and a half, until Daniels breaks the chain to keep from being eliminated by an Alex Shelley attempt at a clothesline, which Daniels ducks and back drops Shelley to the outside! Austin Aries and Christopher Daniels are alone in the ring now, and the two immediately go at it! Aries nails an arm drag, and Daniels retorts with a Japanese arm drag, followed by what can only be called an arm-dragon screw by Aries, and then a Daniels. A few seconds later Aries goes for an irish whip, and Daniels jumps over him, and then goes under him, and then finally delivers a monkey flip, causing Aries to get hung up in the ropes. Daniels goes to eliminate him, but Aries manages to pull the ropes down, simultaneously getting himself unhooked and sending Daniels over the top, seemingly eliminating him – or not. Daniels skins the cat, and then hits Aries with an axe-handle to the back of the head. He taunts the crowd. The two brawl around for a bit, Daniels taking the advantage, and then Daniels irish whips him into the corner. He lifts Aries up to the top rope, and sets him up for a superplex. No. Aries fights it. Wait! What a counter! Aries just superplexed Daniels! Chris Daniels just got suplexed from the top turnbuckle to the outside, with Aries hanging on to the turnbuckle!

Post-Match: Aries lifts himself back up to a sitting position on the turnbuckle, and then jumps down into the ring. It looks like the new #1 contender has been crowned! Aries celebrates for a moment, and then goes to the back, high fiving the fans on his way.

Winner: Austin Aries (runner-up: Chris Daniels)

NO! I WON’T ALLOW IT!

Some of the TNA officials tend to the defeated Christopher Daniels on the outside, and help him up, trying to walk him out. He pushes away from them all, grabs a mic, staggers a bit, and then rolls into the ring.

“No! No! I didn’t lose! I won’t lose! I can’t lose! I’M CHRISTOPHER FREAKIN’ DANIELS AND I DON’T LOSE!” He stops for a moment, rubbing his hurt back. “Damn it Austin, you and me tomorrow on Impact! If I win, I get the #1 contendership! And if I lose… I swear to God and everything Holy that I’ll leave the X-Division forever!”

He drops the mic, rolls out of the ring, and walks up the aisle.

Overall: 78

Petey Williams vs AJ Styles (for the X-Division Championship)

Pre-Match:Team Canada’s Petey Williams hits the ring to a nice heel reaction, of course followed by the wily Scott D’Amore. Next up it’s “Mr. TNA”, the X-Division champion, the phenomenal AJ Styles! Styles hits the ring and is immediately jumped by Williams, who gets right to work.

Match: Petey continues his assault on Styles, nailing several shots to the back and head of the phenomenal one. He beats Styles back into a corner, and then rips the X-Division championship, which Styles hadn’t the time to remove, off of him. He throws the belt to Scott D’Amore and then chops away at Styles, and finally pulls his vest over his head, blinding him for long enough to allow Williams to hit a big enziguri! Styles rolls around, holding his head, as Williams sings a rousing verse of the Canadian national anthem. Styles gets up, his vest now off, and goes for a punch to Williams, who ducks and nails a chop. Styles returns with a chop of his own, and then Williams returns the favor. Styles irish whips Petey, who reverses, and then nails an arm drag on Styles, who pops back up and hits an arm drag of his own. The two get back to their feet and engage in a stand-off, much to the delight of the crowd. They tie up and attempt to overpower the other, with Petey locking Styles in a headlock. Williams nails a headlock takedown, and keeps it locked in. He rips away at the head of Styles for a bit, who then nips up off of the ground, the headlock still applied. He hits some elbows to the chest of Williams, and then pushes him off into an irish whip. Petey bounces off of the rope, and Styles hits a tilt-a-whirl backbreaker! Styles goes for a pin – 1…2…kick! Seconds later Petey makes it back to his feet, just in time for Styles to run to the ropes, springboard off of them with a back flip, and then nail an inverted DDT from said flip! He pins again. 1…2…shoulder up! The two battle around, trading pace, for about three minutes with nothing monumental happening, until Styles finally takes out Petey with his signature leaping clothesline. Styles gets up and sees D’Amore trying to get into the ring. He walks over, lightly pushing the referee out of the way. He proceeds to get into an argument with D’Amore, who eventually pulls his hand back in such a way as to slap Styles, who holds his cheek out, just begging for it. D’Amore refuses, and Styles yells “Hit me! Go on, hit me!” From behind Petey Williams nails Styles in the head, knocking him face first into the corner turnbuckle. D’Amore smiles and jumps off of the apron. Williams sets Styles up on the top rope (his back facing the ring), and crawls up after him. He hooks his feet between the turnbuckles, so as to not fall off himself, and then attempts to nail a spider german suplex! But no! Styles lands on his feet! Williams is clueless… Styles leaps up onto the top turnbuckle and swiftly nails the spider german suplex on Petey Williams! Styles is still on the top rope. He turns to face the ring, and then taunts. Looks like he’s going for the Spiral Tap! Wait, D’Amore’s on the apron. D’Amore pulls at the feet of AJ, trying to get him down. Finally, after a few seconds, Styles kicks him off. Instead of capitalizing on this, he jumps down and goes to the outside. Styles picks up D’Amore by the hair, taunts him, and then sets him up for the Styles Clash. Styles holds him there, and then slams him face first onto the floor! He poses for the crowd, who at this point are going wild, and then turns to go back into the ring. This doesn’t happen, however, as the moment he turns he gets hit with a baseball slide kick from Williams! Williams grabs Styles and throws him in the ring. Petey picks Styles up and sets him up for the Canadian Destroyer, but Styles simply avoids the set up by falling down to the mat on his stomach. Williams grabs his head and tries to set him up again, but Styles swiftly grabs his legs, taking him down to the ground, and then nails a figure four pin out of nowhere! 1…2……kick out! JUST IN TIME. Williams rolls backwards, gets up, and spears Styles! He hammers away at the head of AJ angrily until the referee pulls him off. He stops, cools down, and then leaps right back onto Styles, nailing several shots. Williams lifts him up and nails some hard, stiff, fast shots to the head and stomach, and then bounces off of the ropes and nails a big enziguri. Styles crawls back up to his feet and Petey latches onto his back, going for a german suplex. Styles blocks, elbows, does everything he possibly can to avoid the german attempt. They battle like this for a few more seconds, until Petey gets fed up and breaks the lock, opting instead to drop down and hit a drop toe hold on Styles. He rolls Styles over and goes for what might be a Sharpshooter, but Styles kicks his way out of it, nips up, and then goes for a running clothesline. Williams ducks it, takes Styles feet out, and locks on the Sharpshooter! They’re dead center in the middle of the ring! Petey wrenches back at AJ’s leg as AJ attempts to crawl to the ropes. He gets dangerously close, but Williams manages to pull back to the center. Styles screams in agony, as Williams holds him there. This goes on for a good 30 seconds. Styles makes an effort to push Williams off. It almost works, but Williams manages to JUST hold on, and gets back into the proper set up. Styles holds on and tries to hit the ropes. Williams pulls him back. He goes for the ropes again. Williams pulls him back to the center. Styles writhes in pain until FINALLY, after almost two minutes in the hold, he succumbs and taps out!

Post-Match: The referee rings the bell, the match is over! New X-Division champ! Wait a minute, Williams isn’t breaking the hold! He holds it in for another two seconds or so, and then finally drops Styles, who lays there lifeless. Referee Earl Hebner hands him the X-Division belt. Petey hugs the belt, raises it in the air, and then ascends the top rope with it on his shoulder. He puts his hand on the belt (instead of his heart, like usual) and sings the Canadian national anthem before jumping off of the apron and to the mat outside of the ring. He picks up D’Amore, still out from the Styles Clash, and drags him to the back. They get half way up the apron, and then are interrupted by a video package…

Winner: Petey Williams by Submission

The Revolution Is Now

The camera cuts to the big screen, which is black. An eerie white mist begins to form slowly on the screen, and as it forms, a voice-over speech begins.

“The revolution… is now. The time has come. We have risen up, and we have done the unthinkable. The first defection has occurred, and the lines of battle have been drawn. Next week, TNA goes head to head with its largest opponent. And next week, HE arrives.”

By the time the voice over is finished, smoke has complete engulfed the screen. A black, unrecognizable silhouette appears over the smoke.

“Next week, HE arrives.”

The video fades out.

Overall: 94

Sean O’Haire vs Jeff Hardy (#1 contendership match)

Pre-Match: Jeff Hardy hits the ring to a chorus of boos, the crowd having finally turned on the man the once idolized. As he makes his way to the ring, Mike Tenay puts over the fact that Monty Brown is off of TNA TV for a while, after checking himself into rehab for personal problems. He then introduces Jeff’s opponent, Sean O’Haire. O’Haire hits the ring, acting like a face, to a face reaction. He’s in the best shape of his life, his hair partially covering his face in the wild style it always has. He wears trunks lined with a spider web pattern that say “The Widow Maker” on the back. Tenay hypes the fact that this is Seanton versus Swanton as O’Haire enters the ring.

Match: Hardy immediately attacks O’Haire, nailing a few shots and then going for an irish whip. O’Haire reverses it, and nails a HUGE spinebuster on the rebounding Hardy! He poses to the crowd, picks Hardy up, and immediately nails the Widow Maker! Sean O’Haire ascends the turnbuckle and nails the Seanton Bomb! He pins – 1…2…3!

Post-Match: The Widow Maker, Sean O’Haire, just toppled Jeff Hardy in less than a minute in his TNA debut! We have a new #1 contender to the NWA Heavyweight title! O’Haire celebrates, exiting through the crowd, who have immediately taken a big liking to him. After a minute or two, Jeff Hardy sits up in the ring, cursing.

Winner: Sean O’Haire by Pinfall

The Man Beast Is Angry

The camera cuts to the backstage area, where the crowd immediately pops at the sight of former NWA champion Rhino and his partners for the evening, Team 3D! They’re walking toward the entrance way, all of them angry. Rhino’s forehead has a bandage on it, and there’s a cut under his left eye after the assault last week. Shane Douglas, also wearing a bandage on his head (from Jeff Hardy’s assault on him), stops the trio.

“Guys,” Begins Douglas, “what are your thoughts on your match with Team Jarrett tonight and their attack on Impact?”

“Our thoughts?” Repeats an angry Rhino. “Our THOUGHTS? You want to know what we think? WE’RE PRETTY DAMNED PISSED OFF ABOUT IT, SHANE!”

Douglas goes to respond after the crowd’s pop dies down, but Rhino and company simply ignore him and walk toward the curtains, ready to wrestle.

Overall: 79

Team Jarrett (w/Gail, Haas, Jackie) vs Team Rhino

Pre-Match: The music of Rhino hits, as he and Team 3D all walk through the curtains together. They do a group pose, and then Rhino charges the ring in his usual manner, while Team 3D do their standard entrance. Jeff Jarrett’s theme music hits, and outwalks Jarrett. He’s not alone, however. Behind him stand his partners for the evening, America’s Most Wanted, and beside them is the rest of Team Jarrett – Gail Kim, Charlie Haas, and Miss Jackie. The faction approach the ring, with Rhino and Team 3D inside of it, ready to attack as soon as possible. Jarrett and AMW all slide in it the same time, and Team Rhino immediately stomp away at them.

Match: The bell rings and Team Rhino is taking it to Team Jarrett. Rhino irish whips Jarrett into the corner and charges, driving his shoulder into the stomach of the King of the Mountain. Meanwhile, Team 3D nail a double flapjack on Chris Harris, and then irish whip James Storm into the corner. Brother Ray whips Devon, who reverses, sending the much larger Brother Ray hard into the cornered Storm. The referee tries to split everybody up, but they all keep going at it in the ring. Rhino pounds away at the face of a grounded Jeff Jarrett while Team 3D systematically annihilate both of the NWA Tag Team champions. Finally, after a wild three minutes of brawling, the referee manages to cite two legal men. Brother Ray and Chris Harris. Brother Ray takes it to an already weakened Harris with a plethora of stiff punches to the face and chest, followed by an irish whip and subsequent Manhattan drop. Harris gets back up and walks into an inverted headlock, which Ray holds in for a bit before turning into a DDT! He plays up the crowd and tags in Brother Devon. Jarrett and Storm try to intervene, but Storm takes a clothesline, and then so does Harris, and Jarrett takes Devon’s totally bad ass cyclone forearm! Devon takes it to Harris with some lefts and rights, sends him into the corner and then runs at him, hitting an elbow. Scoop slam on the dazed Harris, and a tag to Brother Ray. The duo irish whip Harris and then hit a double hip toss. Devon exits the ring as Brother Ray beats down on Harris with several punches, the finale of which featured a small dance, and then a crotch grab, and then a bionic elbow. Ray attacks Storm on the apron, and then points at Jarrett, before smacking him in the face. The referee stops Jarrett from entering while Brother Ray taunts him, but this eventually backfires when Chris Harris hits a low blow on Brother Ray! He tags in Jarrett, who runs in and begins stomping away at Ray. Jarrett sends Brother Ray into a neutral corner and delivers some chops (“woooo!” from the crowd), the eighth and final chop making Brother Ray fall forward. Jarrett does his rendition of the strut, and then picks up Ray. He delivers an arm wrench, and then attempts to go for the Stroke from that set up, but it’s a bit too early for that, as Brother Ray makes evident when he hits a big back drop. He tags in the Man Beast! AMW enter the ring and Chris Harris gets leveled with a clothesline that makes him do a complete 360 spin. James Storm takes a spinebuster, and then Jarrett narrowly avoids an early attempt at the Gore, Rhino hitting the ring post HARD! Jarrett smiles, lifts Rhino up, and locks his now injured arm in a standing arm bar. He wrenches away at Rhino’s arm for what seems like minutes, and then does an arm wrench, proceeding to deliver an elbow to the twisted arm. Rhino falls, writhing in pain at his arm, as Jarrett poses to the crowd. Rhino gets up, and Jarrett goes for a kick to the gut. Rhino catches it. Jarrett attempts to reverse with his trademark enziguri, but the Man Beast ducks that. He hammers away at Jarrett with one arm, the other flailing around lifelessly. Rhino maintains the advantage over Jarrett for a minute or so, finishing his string of attacks with a big power bomb. He goes for the pin, but gets a 2 count thanks to interference from James Storm. Jarrett battles back with some chops, but Rhino keeps the advantage after nailing several punches. However, Jarrett manages to make a quick tag to James Storm after slamming Rhino’s injured arm into the top turnbuckle. Storm comes in and immediately grabs the fallen Rhino’s arm, stretches it out, and delivers several kicks to the elbow area. The referee forces him off at the 5 count, but the damage has been done. Brother Ray tries to get in to help Rhino, but the referee goes to keep him out, and while he does this Team Jarrett get in some cheap shots. Charlie Haas, on the outside, grabs the down Rhino’s arm and slams it into the ring post, and then holds him down while AMW nails some stomps to his head. The referee turns around eventually, just in time to see Storm nail a big superkick! Storm goes for a cover, but Rhino kicks out JUST before the three! Jeff Jarrett goes ballistic on the apron, while Storm again grabs the arm of Rhino and nails some kicks. He then locks on a vicious fujiwara-style armbar! Rhino screams immediately, and tries to get to the ropes, but Team Jarrett’s guard on the outside pulls them away! Rhino tries to fight out of the hold, but he’s too weak. He raises his hand high, about to tap. He begins to bring it down – NO! Devon breaks up the hold! The referee forces Devon out and argues with them while Storm tags in Jarrett. Jarrett with the arm wrench, and then the Stroke! He goes to pin. The referee turns around and begins to count. 1…2… - wait! The ref stops! He forces Jarrett out of the ring, saying he didn’t see a tag. They argue with the ref, and finally Storm gets back in the ring, not noticing the dazed Rhino in the corner opposite him, ready for the Gore. Storm walks forward, and Rhino charges, but wait… Storm pulled the referee in front of him! Earl Hebner just took the Gore! Charlie Haas just pulled Devon off of the apron, Chris Harris doing the same to Brother Ray. The four begin fighting around the ringside, while Jarrett and Storm beat down on Rhino. Jarrett does the arm wrench set up on a dazed Rhino, again, and sets him up for the Stroke. He holds him there, allowing James Storm to nail another big superkick! Jarrett nails the Stroke! On the outside, Harris hits the Catatonic on Brother Devon, and Haas levels Brother Ray with a chair shot, busting him open! Storm pins Rhino, but there’s no ref… until Gail Kim slides in. She raises Hebner’s arm… 1…2…3!

Post-Match: The match is… over…? Jarrett and Storm raise there arms in celebration. Harris slides in to join them. Haas threatens a timekeeper with a chair until he rings the bell and declares Team Jarrett the winner. Haas slides in the ring and then lowers the bottom ropes for his wife, Miss Jackie. Team Jarrett all raise one another’s arm, Jarrett in the center and standing over a lifeless, now bloody, Rhino. The camera fades to black.

Winner: Team Jarrett by Pinfall?

Overall Rating: 76

We got a 0.76 buy rate for 'Genesis'!

The attendance was 8548 people.

We made $1900000 from pay-per-view revenue.

We made $341920 from ticket sales.

Post-Show Notes:

Low-Ki and Pete Gruner (Billy Kidman) were both backstage at the show. They've apparently signed deals with TNA to be part of the X-Division. Low-Ki is a returning superstar, whereas Kidman's a newbie. Also backstage at the show was Chase Stevens, who's now medically cleared to work.

Edited by blackholesun