Serenity/Firefly Question

zero

Okay, so I finally got around to watching Firefly last night, I've had the DVD set for probably a year now and I always sit on stuff forever before I actually get around to watching it. Anyway, I started watching to get me stoked for the movie, but I realized that the movie is kind of an adaptation of the TV show. So anyway, should I watch the entire series and then see Serenity or watch Serenity then watch the series? Or does it matter? Remember, no spoilers in here.

Well, according to Joss Whedon, you don't necessarily need to have seen Firefly before seeing Serenity, although I'd assume it'd help a little bit. Personally, I'm rewatching the whole series again but I'm only doing it because I wanna get REALLY stoked for it.

Lucky Americans get to see it tomorrow whereas I have to wait til next Friday...

Well, according to Joss Whedon, you don't necessarily need to have seen Firefly before seeing Serenity, although I'd assume it'd help a little bit. Personally, I'm rewatching the whole series again but I'm only doing it because I wanna get REALLY stoked for it.

Lucky Americans get to see it tomorrow whereas I have to wait til next Friday...

Don't feel too bad. I gotta work all weekend, and I'll be working right across from the movie theater. There it will be, taunting me while I have to do stupid work! :thumbsdown:

Don't feel too bad. I gotta work all weekend, and I'll be working right across from the movie theater. There it will be, taunting me while I have to do stupid work! :thumbsdown:

Tis evil...worse part is I bought the Serenity magazine, and because I'm a great big plank, I read the bit that said *spoilers*, and god was I pissed that I didn't turn the page. Not for any specific reason, just the fact that generally no matter what it is, be it wrestling, movies or whatever, I find it impossible to avoid spoilers, and somehow seem to be drawn to things when it has spoilers written on it. *cries*

Guest sahyder2k5

Having seen Serenity, I would recommend that you watch the series first, simply because stuff happens in the movie that would kinda hinder your viewing pleasure. I dont wan't to spoil anything for you so that's all I'm saying. I am, however, contemplating sending TMM a PM that has all sorts of Serenity Spoilers to tease him.

Okay, so I finally got around to watching Firefly last night, I've had the DVD set for probably a year now and I always sit on stuff forever before I actually get around to watching it. Anyway, I started watching to get me stoked for the movie, but I realized that the movie is kind of an adaptation of the TV show. So anyway, should I watch the entire series and then see Serenity or watch Serenity then watch the series? Or does it matter? Remember, no spoilers in here.

I saw it today, and take back my earlier statement. No need to see the show first; it's a completely self-contained story with sufficient back story given at the start. It's also completely kick ass. (H)

Early word on overnights is that the film did between 3.9 and 4.2 million opening day, good enough for 2nd place behind Flight Plan. People need to check it out; don't make the mistake of loving it on DVD and wishing you'd caught it in theatres.

Copped the DVD box set t'other day, with the intention of watching it before the film. I was very worried about buying the box set and not liking it, but after two episodes I'm hooked. It's an incredible show. Never should have doubted Whedon.

Can't wait for the film, just have to convince friends to go with me. Need to pitch the film without using the words "space" or "western".