New KoRn Single

zero

Who's heard the new KoRn single yet? I haven't seen anyone post about it yet, so I was curious what you thought of it if you've heard it? Honestly, I think it's their best lead-off single in years and can't wait to hear the new album in November. It's definitely different, it's not the old stuff, and it's certainly not the newer stuff, but I dig it.

I heard it when I was browsing the radio stations tonight at work, so it was definately welcome. I like it, it's something new from them that isn't old or recent like you stated before. I'll definately be buying the album, seeing as I have all the Korn albums(and the remix CD with the awesome Jingle Bells song.)

Haven't heard it yet, but want to.

Btw, who did they get to replace Head in the band? Or did they just use a studio musician as a fill-in and haven't named a replacement yet?

Munky's doing both guitars in the studio, and they're not going to replace Head. When they tour, they'll just hire some random dude to play and he'll likely be off to the back of the stage. Garbage does this when they go on tour as well with their Bass player.

Yeah i heard it today, got all of Korn's albums so far...but i dont think il get this one. To be honest, Korn havent been the same since issues, and they should just quit. They were terrible at download 2004 and just dont seem to have to much of a passion anymore.

I might get shit for this, but I'd argue Korn haven't been that "important" since thier first album. That was, sadly IMO and in a lot of people's opinions, thier peak, and every album has been a slide downhill from then on.

But I'm not a Korn fan, so I guess I'm slightly biased.

Yeah i heard it today, got all of Korn's albums so far...but i dont think il get this one. To be honest, Korn havent been the same since issues, and they should just quit. They were terrible at download 2004 and just dont seem to have to much of a passion anymore.

I might get shit for this, but I'd argue Korn haven't been that "important" since thier first album. That was, sadly IMO and in a lot of people's opinions, thier peak, and every album has been a slide downhill from then on.

id agree completely with you. but the albums after that and pre untouchables did tailor to an acquired taste.

I guess so. I mean, I've heard all of thier albums apart from the latest one, and there is nothing inherently wrong with any of them, but they just pale into comparison against thier first album.

Apart from Untouchables, which still hold a special place in my heart as the worst album I've ever bought....and I've bought a lot of albums.

"Important" in what sense of the word? In terms of appeal, Follow the Leader was their most important album, although it's still one of their worst in my opinion. In terms of quality, well definitely their first album was the best and that will never be equaled because the band was unknown and weren't worth millions. That album was raw and angry and something that has never been duplicated by any band. That said, they've been a bit of a roller coaster since then, here's how I'd rate their CDs:

1. KoRn

2. Issues

3. Life is Peachy

4. Take a Look in the Mirror

5. Follow the Leader

6. Untouchables

KoRn took a step in the right direction with Take a Look... and the two covers on the Greatest Hits were fun, and this new single is awesome. KoRn will never be that debut album band ever again, but their sound is definitely starting to change, which is something they haven't done in years. I'm hopeful for the new album.

"Important" in what sense of the word? In terms of appeal, Follow the Leader was their most important album, although it's still one of their worst in my opinion. In terms of quality, well definitely their first album was the best and that will never be equaled because the band was unknown and weren't worth millions. That album was raw and angry and something that has never been duplicated by any band. That said, they've been a bit of a roller coaster since then, here's how I'd rate their CDs:

1. KoRn

2. Issues

3. Life is Peachy

5. Follow the Leader

6. Untouchables

KoRn took a step in the right direction with Take a Look... and the two covers on the Greatest Hits were fun, and this new single is awesome. KoRn will never be that debut album band ever again, but their sound is definitely starting to change, which is something they haven't done in years. I'm hopeful for the new album.

"Important" as in the quality of thier music (so, as you also agree, the self titled was the best), as since then, although commercial success has been greater, the quality just hasn't been the same, especially relative to a lot of the bands around them.

And as for "That album was raw and angry and something that has never been duplicated by any band"......there are a lot rawer and angrier and BETTER albums out there than Korn's first album. Fair enough, it did help spark off a revolution in one genre of music, but even in that genre, that effort has been bettered several times, IMO.

Guest seattlebandfan9

Yeah..I just heard this new single a few hours ago. It's vile fecal matter, however, it will still sell because its on the radio and people like buying shit they hear on the radio.

Korn just isn't the same since their self titled release, and I am dealing with it, but seriously, this is just bad.

This is the first time in a while that I can actually classify something Korn related as "interesting". I'd agree that it's not their best single to date, but it's certainly unique, catchy and, especially in this post-nu-metal age of box-frame glasses and argyle sweaters, harder than prevalent mainstream rock. I look forward to the album.

1. KoRn

2. Issues

3. Life is Peachy

5. Follow the Leader

6. Untouchables

Actually I loved Untouchables also, apart from a couple of blaringly bad tracks (Wake Up Hate being one) it has some better quality songs than on some of the other albums (Thoughtless, Hating, I'm Hiding, No One's There being some of my favourites).

For me:

1. KoRn

2. Issues

3. Untouchables

4. Life is Peachy (Close though with Untouchables)

5. Follow the Leader

6. Take a Look in the Mirror