Cover songs

The Third Dukes

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Best Cover: Limpbizkit - Take Me Home/Sanitarium.

Fuck off, it was way better than the original.

Worst Cover: Bryan Adams - Wonderwall

How dare anybody try to cover one of the great Oasis' songs of the 90's? It just disgusts me, and the fact Jo Whiley and all her faggot fans were phoning in to talk about how great it was makes me hate him even more.

a) No :P

and b) Ryan Adams did that cover....I like Ryan Adams, but the cover wasn't very good. There are worse covers, but it was just pointless doing it.

Metallica covering Bob Seger's "Turn the Page"

Strangers With Candy covering A-Ha's "Take One Me"

Marilyn Manson covering Depeche Mode's "Personal Jesus"

Marilyn Manson covering Soft Cell's "Tainted Love"

Marilyn Manson covering Eurythmics' "Sweet Dreams (Are Made Of This)"

Orgy covering New Order's "Blue Monday"

Adema covering Alice In Chain's "Nutshell"

Uncle Kracker covering Doby Gray's "Drift Away"

Korn covering Metallica's "One"

I can't think of anymore right now but I am sure I am leaving out stuff.

Am I the only one who hates Johnny Cash's version of "Hurt?" I think it is not that good at all. Nine Inch Nail's version is perfect. Cash's isn't. I just don't like his voice at all.

I'm currently loving 'Such Great Heights' by Iron and Wine, and the cover version by The Postal Service. They do it justice, and change the style of the song at the same time. Awesome.

IIRC, its the other way around....Such Great Heights is a Postal Service song, covered by Iron And Wine, unless I've just been wrong all along.

And the Adema and Orgy cover you mention, Fitzy, just seem poor IMO in comparison to the originals. Not bad songs by themselves, but held back that the originals are really good.

the orgy cover rocks, i love it.

Yeah, I think it's good, don't get me wrong, but I just think that New Order "Blue Monday" is a seminal classic of the 80's, and thus is going to be a hard one to actually better.

Well, unlees you prefer alt music to dodgy 80's stuff, in which case <_<

the orgy cover rocks, i love it.

Yeah, I think it's good, don't get me wrong, but I just think that New Order "Blue Monday" is a seminal classic of the 80's, and thus is going to be a hard one to actually better.

Well, unlees you prefer alt music to dodgy 80's stuff, in which case <_<

true enough, i guess.

Avril Lavigne - Kiss Me

Britney Spears - I Love Rock and Roll

They're my two favourites. There's probably more that I don't even know about. I'd agree with people that Avril's Chop Suey was bad, but then again it's a shit song all together and done no better by SOAD in my mind, so I wont list that here :)