lazy_arse

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guest Chasing Ringy

Does Chelsea make stupid fucking buys in other people's games? I was looking at Jaap Stam's history and saw that he had joined Portsmouth for 4 million and that a year later, he had joined Chelsea for 78 million, played 7 games and got sent on loan.

I mean Chelsea pretty much furnishes me with a great big transfer budget every summer :shifty:

After I took over at Man Utd in November, I realised I needed some new players. My strikers were Rooney, a dodgy Rossi and an ageing van Nistelrooy. My midfield was worryingly thin in depth, so I decided to spend my entire £43m transfer budget in the January transfer window to bring in nine players (with another at £3.5m on the way in a few days).

My signings were:

Franck Ribery from Real Sociedad for £8m. I needed a winger, as mine were, to be frank, rubbish. Park Ji-Sung is just bad. Ribery has good stats and he scored on his debut. He can provide good balls for my strikers.

Neil Dyer from Walsall for £1.9m. One who I know from my previous job at Walsall who's got great potential (dubbed the new Michael Owen).

Raul from Real Madrid for £190k. He's 33, but he's still got amazing stats. On the transfer list at Real, so I signed him on a contract until the end of the season. He might do well, he might not, either way it's not a huge loss.

Gianni Zuierloon from Feyenoord for £5m. Good solid defender, which I was lacking. I had some good players for the future, but nobody for right now. Doubt he'll be a regular for a while, but he's good back-up.

Danilo Soddimo from Sampdoria for £750k. They offered him to me, so I thought why not. Loads of other clubs wanted him, so I figured he must have some redeeming quality. Stats aren't anything special, but again, the fee wasn't much so it can't be a loss.

Anton Ferdinand from Walsall for £1.5m. I had the urge to unite the Ferdinand brothers, what can I say? He's got decent stats and is still only 24. Only worrying thing is that I dropped him when I was at Walsall and he only played one game from them up until he joined me, so he might not be good enough. Oh well, for £1.5m I'm not gonna complain.

Maarten Stekelenberg from Ajax for £7.5m. He's an awesome 'keeper. I don't think any further explaination is needed really. Van Der Sar's retiring at the end of the season at age 40, so I needed a new number 1, and he is it.

Saloman Kalou from Feyenoord for £6m. He's a damn speedy bastard. I think I got him at a bargain. He's got damn good stats where they count, and, well, he's Kalou damn it!

Sebastian Zuniga from Walsall for £12.5m. Here's where it gets to be a bit of a gamble. He never really showed the scoring touch when I was Walsall boss except in my last month in charge, where he started well. However, he just stopped scoring when I left so I may have way-overpaid for him. But we'll see. He's only 20, so he could be awesome.

(H)

Beat Woking 5-2 on aggregate in the semi-finals, before beating Accrington 2-1 in the final. They'd spanked us 5-0 a month or so before so I wasn't looking forward to the game, one of my first choice centre backs was suspended and the other got injured the day before the game, so I was expecting another hiding. Scored two in the first twenty minutes though, they pulled one back just after half time but we held on (defence and keeper all got 8's and 9's) to go up into League football for the first time.

Friendlies are about to start before the 2012/13 season, and I've let three players go. A goalkeeper and defender (both shit, wanted to release them last year but couldn't find a buyer - contracts ran out in the summer and I didn't resign them). The other was a left winger, decent youngster but Bradford (League One) came in for him with a £11,000 bid and I decided to sell. Tacked on a 50% sell-on clause as well.

Brought in 6 players, the top scorer from the Conference National last season (got 35 goals) on a free, and the second top scorer was one of my strikers with 33. Hopefully they can both carry on like that this season.

Signed a replacement goalie as well from Leyton Orient (he played six games in the Prem for Leicester five seasons ago, got an average rating of 7.21). Not entirely sure why he's not done anything since then, the rest of his stats are awesome - especially for a goalie playing in League 2.

Also signed two defenders on free's, released from Liverpool and Reading at the end of last season. Don't see them playing too much though unless there's an injury crisis.

Finally (and I don't consider this player naming, he's well known enough as it is) I got Danny Murphy on a free. He turned up when I was looking for staff, so I offered him a player/coaching role. He signed (surprisingly), and his stats are still quite good. If anything he'll give me cover across midfield, along with a winger I got from Wrexham.

Turned professional as well which is awesome, can finally start setting some decent training schedules. With any luck I'll get my balance above £1 million this season as well.

Edited by E. Von Dahl killed therockbox

Just started a game with Stoke and I am joint top of the Championship after the end of August :D Pericard is an absolute God of the pitch, and alongside Bangouria he is awesome. Willy Gueret is also a top keeper, he's froze out Steve Simonsen who got injured before the start of the season. I also brought in Maheto Molango for my reserves and he's got some good potential, Mannix I also brought in from Liverpool to play at the moment in reserves - but he might move into the first team at some point.

My current Starting 11 is:

(4-4-2):

13. Willy Gueret - GK

4. Lewis Buxton - DR

2. Carl Hoefkins - DC

5. Michael Duberry © - DC

16. Clint Hill - DL

19. Luke Chadwick - MR

8. Dave Brammer - MC

17. Darel Russell - MC

11. Peter Kopteff - ML

14. Sambegou Bangoura - FC

7. Vincent Pericard - FC

Bench: 1. Steve Simonsen, 6. Marlon Broomes, 12. Peter Sweeney, 18. Catilina Aubameyang, 10. Torres Hannes Siguardsson

Aubameyang is my only signing who hasn't really settled in yet, but he does a decent job when he comes on as a sub. He's from Milan and 18? Something like that.

Just started a game with Stoke and I am joint top of the Championship after the end of August :D Pericard is an absolute God of the pitch, and alongside Bangouria he is awesome. Willy Gueret is also a top keeper, he's froze out Steve Simonsen who got injured before the start of the season. I also brought in Maheto Molango for my reserves and he's got some good potential, Mannix I also brought in from Liverpool to play at the moment in reserves - but he might move into the first team at some point.

(4-4-2):

13. Willy Gueret - GK

4. Lewis Buxton - DR

2. Carl Hoefkins - DC

16. Clint Hill - DL

19. Luke Chadwick - MR

8. Dave Brammer - MC

17. Darel Russell - MC

11. Peter Kopteff - ML

7. Vincent Pericard - FC

Bench: 1. Steve Simonsen, 6. Marlon Broomes, 12. Peter Sweeney, 18. Catilina Aubameyang, 10. Torres Hannes Siguardsson

Aubameyang is my only signing who hasn't really settled in yet, but he does a decent job when he comes on as a sub. He's from Milan and 18? Something like that.

Edited by Big Red Fury

Just resigned from Blackburn in early January for two main reasons: January is always depressing when you're skint, and I'd just been offered the Sweden job. A third reason would be that Lewis Buxton, who I'd sold to Plymouth for £2m last season (a price I thought was insane, and couldn't refuse) just scored in the 90th minute to knock us out of the FA cup.

Hopefully John Williams will realise that Guisseppe Moranti (who's been my assistant at every club, and San Marino) is awesome and give him the job full time.

Talking of right hand men, I want Ljunberg as my assistant at Sweden, but since he's still a player/coach I can't :(

(4-4-2):

13. Willy Gueret - GK

4. Lewis Buxton - DR

2. Carl Hoefkins - DC

16. Clint Hill - DL

19. Luke Chadwick - MR

8. Dave Brammer - MC

17. Darel Russell - MC

11. Peter Kopteff - ML

7. Vincent Pericard - FC

I have Molango on loan in my Barnet game and he scores for fun in League Two.

*EDIT*

Also in my Man City game (I know OMG CHEATAR!!!@#!!!!111! right Tom?) I've been given the ridiculous sum of 1 million pounds for my transfer budget. Since that was going to get me exactly nobody I decided to settle for stealing youth players from major clubs throughout Europe and now I've decided that I will set aside 1-2 million pounds each season for doing so. Does anyone else use this practice?

Whenever I'm Arsenal I always do this. Send my scouts to look for players under 16 in Scandanavia, UK, Holland, France, Italy, Germany, usually turn up some talented kids.

Just got into 2014, made a few new kits:

Liverpool Away/Third

liverpool_away.pngliverpool_third.png

Man U Home/Away/Third

manu_home.pngmanu_away.pngmanu_third.png

A new manager entered the Premiership frey this season in my game too, introducing Portsmouth Manager, Jonathan Woodgate :blink: (Just checked and he's lost his first 7 games in charge.)

And just to add, N'Zogbia is the king for 30 yard curling goals, he's scored about 8 of them this season for me, classy stuff.

Edited by fourstarfizzle

Don't you guys ever play the game using the FM Scout? I mean, i'm tired of having brazilians with great stats that have 120 on potential ability. That and Joe Cole being a piece of shit(175 Potential Ability).

I was going to download it, but couldn't find it. Link it for me, I wanna have a look at it.

This first version of FM Scout is developed for Football Manager 2005. The program will make it possible for you to find just the right player for your team, by giving you the option to filter the players by almost all possible attributes, both those visible and those hidden in the game. This program will help you scout for the right players, whether you are managing Real Madrid and on the lookout for the next big international star, or some small team in one of the lower leagues, looking for some cheap quality players that can improve your team in your quest for promotion. When you have found a list of players which fits your profile, you can export them to a shortlist file, which can be opened in the game and make it easy for you to submit offers for the right players.

Besides helping you in scouting for new players to improve your team, the program is also very helpful in deciding which of your current players are good enough to actually be a part of your team. This can be done by quickly listing all players in your team, or just the players in one of your squads. This feature of the program can also be used to scout your next opponent, to figure out if they have any good players which you'll have to watch out for.

Current Features

* Load games from FM 2005

* Filter and Sort players by almost all possible attributes

* List all players from one team

* Exporting of search results to shortlist files, which can be opened by the game

* Exporting of search results to csv, txt and html files

* Loading of shortlist files from the game

Edited by figos

Anyone feel guilty after thrashing your favourite team? I just beat Arsenal 4-0 at Old Trafford with my Man Utd squad. I feel evil.

Definitely. It's not nice thrashing Arsenal 6-0 as Vauxhall Motors.

Beating them 4-0 with Man Utd with Rooney of all people scoring all of them...that's just...wrong.

Anyone feel guilty after thrashing your favourite team? I just beat Arsenal 4-0 at Old Trafford with my Man Utd squad. I feel evil.

Definitely. It's not nice thrashing Arsenal 6-0 as Vauxhall Motors.

Beating them 4-0 with Man Utd with Rooney of all people scoring all of them...that's just...wrong.

Worse than having Steven Fitzpatrick score two hat tricks?

Well...no because my reaction to his name was a resounding "who" so, you win...git.