Football Manager 2006

lazy_arse

Someone suggest an interesting club to manage. I can't run loads of leagues - well, I can run one at a time really >_>. My current game is sapping my happiness. Either a club or a league to run - and don't suggest a team I'm unlikely to have heard of any of the players for, I don't enjoy that ¬_¬.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Putting unndersoil heating in the Riverside made about 6000 seats permanently dissapear. The board have said they're gonna upgrade again but I have bad feeling it'll just be a case of putting them back in and not giving me a great big 50.000 seater stadium I need.

There's a Georgian team with a higher average attendance than me in the Champions League. FUCKING GEORGIAN! :angry:

Edited by King ROOOOOOOONEY!

Why would they take out seating to add heating?

I hate my board in the game, even if they love me, they never do what I ask them to (expand stadium, improve training ground, etc).

They need to upgrade the confidence screen in FM2007. And there needs to be a lot more media stuff and board/fan interaction for national team managers.

That would make me super happy. And I'd just generally want to communicate with my staff and players more easily. Anytime I punish someone for getting sent off they start moaning like little bitches, which fucks up the dressing room. I once had the ENTIRE squad turn on me because I apparently berated Ricksen when I was at Rangers, ages ago. And yes, I got fired for it.

Edited by The Kraig

Why would they take out seating to add heating?

I hate my board in the game, even if they love me, they never do what I ask them to (expand stadium, improve training ground, etc).

They need to upgrade the confidence screen in FM2007. And there needs to be a lot more media stuff and board/fan interaction for national team managers.

That would make me super happy. And I'd just generally want to communicate with my staff and players more easily. Anytime I punish someone for getting sent off they start moaning like little bitches, which fucks up the dressing room. I once had the ENTIRE squad turn on me because I apparently berated Ricksen when I was at Rangers, ages ago. And yes, I got fired for it.

And to think it's just a hundred pound fine now <_<

I agree on more media interaction needed, maybe they think gamers will get annoyed having to answer like 5 questions every day.

That said, i'd love to have something where you back your players for the national squad, even if it is just to bleed someone for a transfer clause.

Anyway, as M'boro in my third season we rode into the Champions League proper after winning 6-0 on aggy against FH. Started off against Malmo FF away and shockingly lost 2-0. Turned it around rather well by winning the remaining games including doubles over Dynamo Kiev (2-1 at home, 4-0 away) and Juventus (3-2 home, 3-0) away and even got my own back on Malmo (2-0).

First knockout round draw comes along and who do I get? FC Barce fucking lona. Cunts.

Okay, thanks to the overwhelming support I received here things picked up abit for my Real Sociedad side. Then got worse. There is no money, a tiny squad of like 16 players, and in order to get anywhere we need I reckon about £30m. We? Yeh, well I could have used the word we up until the point when Real Madrid came knocking. Realistically? I'd have jumped, and so I did. To be honest I've done as much as possible with Real Sociedad. There may not be any money in the club, but they have great players in Nihat, Defoe, Routledge, Carrick, Riesgo. No, it isn't Tottenham. >_>

On a funny note, it seems Levy and the Tottenham board can't take no for an answer. They hounded me from the summer to January to take over. I must have received about 10 approaches. They finally settled for Claudio Ranieri.

Edited by Lost Soul

Guest Koupa Troopa

Despite stuff like 'winds up opponents' and 'argues with officials' weird stuff doesn't happen enough in FM. I rarely have sendings off and when I do they are for boring last man type incidents.

I demand Dyer/Bowyer events in FM2007.

If you creat a team, can you give them kits or does that not work?

When you create them on the editor there is the simple kit creation which also serves the function of deciding your teams colours such as at the top of your teams page. It turns out very basic but serves it's purpose. However you can edit the configuration files of the game to use a seperate graphic to represent your shirt in game. Theres a mini craze of making them around here lately so if you ask nicely enough someone will probably sort you something out.

Another thing, who is your tallest and fattest heaviest player? I have a player called Oyvind Hoas aka Plan B who is 6'8 and 15 st 8lbs.

Hah, theres a goalie called Tonny Nielsen who's 6'9 and 17 stone. Fatty.

My Real Madrid team were knocked out of Europe by Liverpool, and we finished 3rd in the league. Summer comes and I've brought in Esquro for £19m, and Podolski for £19m. I was shocked at the fact that we received £40m for television coverage. I wasn't complaining. All in all, we've got £53m in television coverage for the upcoming season. Nice.

When you create them on the editor there is the simple kit creation which also serves the function of deciding your teams colours such as at the top of your teams page. It turns out very basic but serves it's purpose. However you can edit the configuration files of the game to use a seperate graphic to represent your shirt in game. Theres a mini craze of making them around here lately so if you ask nicely enough someone will probably sort you something out.

Another thing, who is your tallest and fattest heaviest player? I have a player called Oyvind Hoas aka Plan B who is 6'8 and 15 st 8lbs.

Hah, theres a goalie called Tonny Nielsen who's 6'9 and 17 stone. Fatty.

Why does it shock you? La Liga's one of the most, if not THE most watched league in the entire world. Not to mention the Champions League (or UEFA Cup).

Rangers and Celtic should get more TV coverage and money, I'm sick of the SPL shite. Setanta Sports show EVERY SINGLE fucking game, on PPV across the UK and Ireland (and maybe Europe?). Even the pre-season matches are shown. Now THAT's dedication/milking it dry.

Thanks a lot for giving me more detail on that and since you suggested it... can someone pleeeeeease help me out here? contact me on msn if you want/can. (Y)

Edited by The Kraig

Guest Zeokage

If you had an "Other" folder because of previous packs, could you just add it to the config file in there? Would adding a third kit for existing teams be possible that way too?

Edited by Zeokage

If you had an "Other" folder because of previous packs, could you just add it to the config file in there? Would adding a third kit for existing teams be possible that way too?

Try it. Start a new game, if it comes up it comes up, if it doesn't, well, it don't.

Why does it shock you? La Liga's one of the most, if not THE most watched league in the entire world. Not to mention the Champions League (or UEFA Cup).

Rangers and Celtic should get more TV coverage and money, I'm sick of the SPL shite. Setanta Sports show EVERY SINGLE fucking game, on PPV across the UK and Ireland (and maybe Europe?). Even the pre-season matches are shown. Now THAT's dedication/milking it dry.