Football Manager 2006

lazy_arse

Don't cheat. If you want a good game.

And by cheating you mean...?

At this point it's easier to list what isn't cheating. <_<

I forgot you were from N.I, you've probably already done my suggestion.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yeah, it's not that tough. I got Linfield into the group stages once, and narrowly missed out on getting to the knockouts.

Damn you Fenerbahce, or however it's spelled <_<

EDIT: In reply to Ellis.

Edited by Bigal

I'm currently doing a game with Australia. Beat Solomon Islands 17-0 on aggregate and then Chile 7-1 on aggregate to qualify. Got grouped with Argentina, Iran and someone else, maybe Turkey. Just played the first match then and beat Argentina 2-1, who only scored in 2nd half injury time. They had something crazy like 23 shots but only 5 on target.

The only thing pissing me off is the insane amount of injuries <_<

inj9ui.th.jpg

Why do I get the feeling that, because the game thinks I've got no chance of avoiding relegation, it's trying to stop me getting to the playoffs? :P

I holiday'd a year and took control of a team that got promoted (so that they'd, in theory, be one of the worst teams in the whole of England, statwise). Bath got promoted so they were the obvious choice.

First year, won the Conference South. I won't say easily, but I was never in trouble.

Second year, after a mediocre start saw me hovering below mid-table, the loan-signing of the millenium (Dong Fangzhuo) came back from injury and my main striker (Richard Harris) woke up. Now I'm 5th with twelve games to go, and in the quarter finals of the FA Trophy.

But pretty much every game for the last month, someone drops down dead on the pitch. Including my first-choice 'keeper (who's now fit again thank God), my second-choice goalkeeper AND my first-choice U18's goalkeeper (who stepped up to the first team and kept three clean sheets in a row :D). Luckily Jago got back before U18-guy's injury, so I never had to stoop as low as "reserve youth team goalkeeper" as my number one.

I'll admit, some of those guys (you can tell which ones from the Apps column) are U18's or reserves, but not fucking many.

My:

Sub keeper

U18's main keeper (they're on their way to winning their group. A group which features Chelsea, Southampton and Hull).

Main RB

Main LB

Cover R/LB

My club captain (main CB)

Main MR (Dazza Anderton :D)

Cover MR/L.

My top three MC's! THREE! I play 4-4-2, and have no right winger and no first-team central midfielders...

My superstar loanee striker (who was also injured for the majority of 2007).

All injured. So now I'm trying to hold onto my playoff spot with what is basically my reserve team. Admittedly, most of them are players I won Conference South with so they're not exactly shit for this level, but some of them were even reserves back then... :(

Never has the transfer market been hit so hard (and so unsuccessfully) in search of loans :(

Something good that I've just noticed though, is how the game seems to know where each team is, geographically. Most of the offers for loans I've had from the AI have been Avon-based clubs (mostly Team Bath), and some from Devon. It also seems that local clubs are more likely to accept loan offers (although Plymouth still won't let me have Paul Wotton for a season :shifty:).

As some of you will be able to tell, I've kept with the spirit and signed no less than five former Bristol Rovers players :shifty:

Edited by TheReilDeal

Guest Koupa Troopa

Maybe they forgot to take Baths and have AIDS.

lololol.

Seriously though, Nathan Koo-Boothe can suck my ass. Brought him in for my created Conf North team and he gets sent off three games in a row.

Guest muddatrucker

Anton Ferdinand has a habit of getting sent off in my game, although I've never fined him for it, he got pissed when I rejected interest from Newcastle though, which made him a grade A cunt since I just won the champions league, I'll happily replace him now though, cunt.

Anton Ferdinand was as quiet as a ninja for my Arsenal team, Sebastian Deisler though was a cunt. He continued whining about not getting first team action since he fell behind Hleb and Ljungberg in the picking order due to injuries and suspensions. When I do finally play him he gets either a)injured b)sent off c)pissed on for an abysmal performance.