Football Manager 2006

lazy_arse

Guest muddatrucker

Haven't played in a while, I'll probably carry on tonite when the good TV stops, I'm lying in 10th after about 8 games, which isn't bad but I've found some of my results really tiresome and hope its just down to my team needing to gel.

My assistant sucks, I tried to sack him but was blocked due to compensation, so I offered him the same contract but for just a year, he signed and I sacked his arse.

Now I have Tord Grip, wahoo!

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guest muddatrucker

My youth and reserve teams are always shit, I rarely get anyone who isn't shit and I also rarely check (my assistant renews their contracts etc), I like buying established players so I usually transfer list my whole reserve team, who cares if they win their league? thats their business.

Ok, I ust restarted playing my Arsenal game from 2010 and I've just found out that I have a nice group of gifted youngsters in my reserves but oddly enough they all hail from different islands in the Pacific. I also chuckle at the thought of my best youngster having the name Tom Jones.

Ok, I ust restarted playing my Arsenal game from 2010 and I've just found out that I have a nice group of gifted youngsters in my reserves but oddly enough they all hail from different islands in the Pacific. I also chuckle at the thought of my best youngster having the name Tom Jones.

The last 3 months at Newcastle have seen my team go from contending for 3rd place to trying and make the UEFA Cup (we sit in 7th, 5 points behind Villa). However, in this year's UEFA Cup I've advanced to the second knockout round, and hopefully lit a spark under my team in the Premiership performance. Fenerbace beat us 2-0 at St. James', so we needed 2 goals and to hold them to nothing. It took us to the 70th minute to score, but we did and then scored another one in the 85th. We ended up going to Penaltys where I won 4-2.

Here's hoping the team performs well for the next 3 months so that we can maybe win the Cup and finish in the top 4 of the Premiership.

I've been thinking. Would any of ya's like to take part in a challenge?

Rules are simple. Pick a conference team, give them £500m and chart their progress. I'll give ya's a link to the utility you use, which is quite simple to use.

Anyone willing to give it a go and report back?

I have the exact same thing at the Arse, it's funny though since you get a bunch of 16 year olds playing international football since they're the only guys on the game that exist for that country. One of my guys from their is called Ryan Ryan.

Speaking of player names, me and Kou have the best youth players ever.

He has Scott Hall and I have Kevin Nash. :w00t:

Well, first season in the Premiership with my Walsall team and I've managed to finish 4th! Above Tottenham, above Man Utd AND I'm favourite to replace the Real Madrid manager! Now the fun of either leaving and possibly going Real Madrid or Juventus, or staying and rebuilding the squad for Champions League football. I'm leaning towards staying right now, but it may all come down to how much money in transfer funds I'm given.

I've been thinking. Would any of ya's like to take part in a challenge?

Rules are simple. Pick a conference team, give them £500m and chart their progress. I'll give ya's a link to the utility you use, which is quite simple to use.

Anyone willing to give it a go and report back?

I used it for my Liverpool side. Things were getting boring, and I've read that money doesn't always mean you'll win trophies. I've gave myself a nice budget, very nice, infact. I'll see if we can dominate the world for a few years.

Edited by Lost Soul

Guest muddatrucker

I'm still only 10th, Vagner Love is unsettled and couldn't score to save his life and I'm getting plagued with injuries.

Just so inconsistant at the moment and my strikers seem to fluff alot of chances.

Its actually pretty damn good. Chelsea are still wasting a shit load, and I've only spent £10m, and thats me.

:P

EDIT: Beat to the title by Chelsea. We have this on-going rivalry, and the past four years its really only been us two going for the league. I've been watching the downfall of Man Utd for sometime now, they were beat in the Uefa Cup final by Deportivo. On a better note for Liverpoool, I won the champions league, trashed Juventus 5-1 in the final. A lot to be happy about, plus I'm leading England into the World Cup. We have Scotland, Kuwait and Uruguay, in our group.

Edited by Lost Soul