Football Manager 2006

lazy_arse

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It was about three quarters of the way up, but I didn't want it all the way because I thought I could still nick the win (we were the only ones doing anything, they'd had no chances up until that point).

When you're risking it they're is always a chance they'll score.

What skin are you using TheArsenal?

Well, we survived relegation by two whole points. I'm gonna have a clear out. I've brought in no fewer than 6 players already:

Duff - Free

Huyseygems - Free

Owomoyela - Free

Peter Crouch - Free

Gerard - Free

Cavenaghi - Free

I need a new first-choice goalkeeper. I have £5m to spend. I'd like to spend around £2m - £3m and no more. We're in July 2009. Anyone got any tips on who? I'm after Krul, but incase I don't bring him in.

I got fired from Southampton. Was 4th in the league, and into the semi's of the Champions League (two super results against Bayern and Inter in the previous rounds), but they weren't happy. Needed a fresh approach.

New manager was Davey Moyes, so I couldn't exactly hope for them to lose, and I'd pretty much stolen all of his staff while he was at Everton, so he must've felt at home. They lost the last five games of the season though and (since the league was so tight) finished 9th. No Europe for the Soton boys without me then.

England did badly in the Euro 2012 (knocked out in quarters), so I got the job. Really interesting time because Terry, King, Gerrard, Lampard etc etc are all getting to about 33, so I have to take the side through a transitional period.

Since I had my Southampton squad stacked with english youngsters, it's no surprise that in my last friendly I started 5 players, and had two on the bench.

Lost the opening qualifier at home to Sweden though, so at least I've made it interesting for myself.

There's my little update then.

Edit: Oh, and since being in charge of the national side I've noticed how so many managers ask for their guys to play 45 mins in a friendly. I never EVER put a restriction on my players, national over club.

I ignored the restrictions, F.A weren't happy, but the fans were.

I started a game at Newcastle. I'm doing okay, but man my defense is weak. I don't have the transfer budget to bring in anyone big either. So I'm planning on finding a good, young defender and let him improve over the next year or two. Then if I have a successful year I'll hopefully bring in some defensive help next summer.

We'll see I suppose.

I started a game at Newcastle. I'm doing okay, but man my defense is weak. I don't have the transfer budget to bring in anyone big either. So I'm planning on finding a good, young defender and let him improve over the next year or two. Then if I have a successful year I'll hopefully bring in some defensive help next summer.

We'll see I suppose.

Edited by Lost Soul

No team work, detirmination or work rate. Poor physically too.

Careful? 5 mins a game? The guys 22, if you're gonna use him take off the kid gloves.

As for defenders, just play Steven Taylor since you already have him. Very good prospect and is likely to be tailed by Chelsea meaning you could ship him off for a large sum.

Edited by King Ellis

Hmm.

Chances those stats COULD go up in future? =/

Pfffft. I'm careful with young players now though. I played Forte a lot last year, he had good stats, was 21, but scouts said he hadn't matured yet. I rushed him, he had a pretty bad season. Ever since I've took the load off him he's put in amazing performances.

Edited by Lost Soul

Hmm.

Chances those stats COULD go up in future? =/

Not determination as far as I know. Not sure about workrate and teamwork, the physical ones should do.

I'm sure there are some training options for the pyhsical stuff if you nose around in there. Failing that you can always pencil him in for the Jagielka role with that nice 6 goalie rating.

Edited by King Ellis

Take it and get someone young on the cheap. You can replace him.

Or don't take it and keep your top striker.

Personally, I'd take it and invest in the team. However, either way is good.

I told you they'd come knocking, you could always knock them back and hope they come back with a bigger offer. Of course they could always just forget it and go get Tevez or Borjoni or something.

http://img373.imageshack.us/img373/7482/defoeoffer7uy.jpg

Should I take it? Even though Defoe is a big part of the squad, I have Mido who has been solid plus a few other good strikers coming up, and I mean...60,000,000 + thats a shit load.

Suggestions?

Pfft, it's in dollars. I thought it was £60m, when it's actually around £30m. Boo.