Football Manager 2006

lazy_arse

Anyone know of some decent strikers that are happy to play in Division 2? I've taken over at Grimsby, we're 16th in the table (and out of all cup competitions), and they seem to have had a load of trouble scoring.

Kyle Wilson.

Signed him on loan, two goals in two, two MotM awards, and we're up to 14th :D

Was only able to get him for three months, but I'm going to try and make it season long in January.

I always sign him, he's my own little gem. He gets me goals at every level.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Wow. What an end to an amazing season. At the start of last season we won one game, and went on to lose the next 6. I got the team going, and in the end, we finished 5th with a playoff place. So, we took on Norwich. Two nil down at half time, it was over, right? 80th minute, God scores for us in the form of Peter Lovenkrands. Five minutes to go, and Ifill scores. It wasn't to be though, as Norwich got a late goal. A lot to look forward to during the summer though. Jeffers started acting like a prick. I offloaded him to Portsmouth for £2.8m. I just wanted to get rid of him, as fast as I could, even though I turned down a £4m offer for him in January. He started playing shit, so I showed him the door.

I had to rebuild this squad, from playoffers to Championship winners. I struck a deal with Jerzy Dudek, and signed him on a 2-year contract. I also brought in no fewer than 8 more players, in:

Zak Whitbread - Free

Stuart Parnaby - Free

Jerzy Dudek - Free

Joey Barton - Free

Rommedhal - £240k

James Beattie - £600k

Lee Bowyer - £525k

Venkov - £222k

Shaun Maloney - Free

We have a pretty damn good squad now. I sorted the problem with Jagielka, and he signed a 5-year contract. :D

Things look bright for this club. I gave myself a three year deadline in order to gain promotion. I can't fail with this squad, right? It HAS to be achieved this year. I love playing in the Championship though.

With all the Sheffield United talk over, I'll talk about something else. The FA Cup final this year was certainly something on everyones lips. That's right, the final showed off the talent of last-seasons-premiership promotion winners; Cardiff Vs...COLCHESTER United. Colchester's record going in was this:

Colchester 2 - 1 Nottingham Forest

Colchester 2 - 1 Man City

Colchester 2 - 1 Yeovil

Colchester 2 - 1 Arsenal

Colchester 1 - 0 Man Utd

And..they actually won the damn thing. I was pleased for them. They defeated Cardiff by three goals to one.

That's me over, now. ;D So, yeah, what surprising winners did you ever come across?

Edited by Lost Soul

Surprising cup winners? Well my Walsall team for a start! When in the Championship, I won the Carling Cup, beating Chelsea 4-1 over two legs in the semi's and also beat Portsmouth in the run-up to the final, and I finally won it against Charlton 0-0, but 5-4 on penalties. This is only after being in the Championship for a year prior to this after coming up from League Two finishing 2nd. Now my team are 6th in the Premiership after having beaten Man Utd 3-1 at the Bescott.

Guest muddatrucker

SIOS seems to of gone down and lost all its files, does anyone have creased kits for league two? I wanna start a new cheltenham game and I hate the default ones!

2006/07 is finished... and my first year with Wolves (in Championship) has fizzled out. After a good start, 1/4 way through the season things were going wrong and I could smell a repeat of my relegation season with the Boro. I bollocked the team after two matches and they responded sending us on a undefeated streak through to the end of January.

Star Discovery was 19yr old Wayne Hennessey who was a rock between the sticks in goal. However he got an injury in december, was out for a month came back and never really recovered his form. We slipped out of the playoff positions and I threw the more experienced keeper into goal to steady the ship. I went through three different formations over the course of the season and masterminded a series of huge victories such as;

5-2 over COventry

5-1 over Plymouth

7-2 over Preston (Away!)

5-1 over Fulham

and loads of 3-1's and 3-0's. Had the third stingiest defence at home (i.e. best). Jody Craddock one of my key defenders made it onto the subs bench for the 'Players Team of the Year'. It was a brutal dissapointment to go so close to pressing for 2nd automatic qualification spot to end up with WOlves worst finish in the game (11th) though my board and fans were still delirious with it. The chairmans been generous in the close season giving me 4 budgets to choose from and I've plomped for £100k a week wages, and £700k transfer kitty. I've overseen a mini clear out ahead of the new season;

Darren Anderton (AM/MR) & Michael Oakes (GK) released on frees. Anderton was useless for most of the season. Oakes was reserve keeper and his wages were too much for such a person.

Ian Black (DM) to Preston for £250k, his own transfer request.

Jody Craddock (DC) to Crystal Palace for £250k. I agreed this deal expecting to be playing Wolves in the premiership and thus needing better defenders. Turns out i'm stuck in the Championship and my star defender has just been sold... grrr...

and most controversial of all. The sale of 2x Fans Player of the Year and 20+ goal scorer KENNY MILLER, for a cut-price 2.9m to my rivals Middlesbrough. Bastards got their own back on me here. I led them to relegation, then stole Doriva, Adam Johnson and a few others from the Boro to fill out my Wolves team. Now they've snatched by all-star striker and Wolves Idol. Fans were furious with me for it. However I had to sell now because it was the best possible deal I was likely to get for Miller - 1m now, 1.9m over 24 months, 50% sell on clause... when he had a minimum fee release clause of £3.1m and only 1 more season left on his contract. I had tried re-negotiating with him throughout this season but the guy wanted three times more than I could afford. I hoped to get promoted to the premiership and have a bigger wage budget to play with. No luck, so Miller had to go. Ive put all this transfer money to some good use with my swoops in the transfer market;

Joey Barton (DM) from Man City on a FREE.

Stuart Parnaby (DR/WBR) from Middlesbrough on a FREE. Going to try and convert him into a MR.

Nigel Martyn (almost 41 yrs old!!) on a free from Everton on a 2 year player-coach deal. Hes likely to retire from playing after this coming season. But he will be the oldest Wolves player when he starts the season for us. I signed him rather than Jerzy Dudek who also agreed terms with me because Martyn has a GK coaching rating of 20, and I figured that Wayne Hennesey is going to be my #1 soon, he just needs mentor. In comes Martyn!

Alan Stubbs (DC) for 80k from Sunderland. The 35yr old comes in to plug the gap left by Jody Craddock. An experience head in defense might eradicate the mistakes of last season. I have a widely young squad.

Chris Cornes (AM/STK) for £400k from . Sold by Wolves during the 05/06 season I'm bringing him back from the 07/08 season onwards to be the returning hero. A cheap replacement for Kenny Miller, I hope, he is still only 20yrs old. He joins fellow young strikers - Tom Craddock & Adam Johnson (who I signed both from Boro last year)

Currently trying to sign Gaizka Mendieta from Boro for £400k also. Will add onto this topic some more info in half an hour but my dinners ready doh!!

Gah, my Grimbsy team have just gone on a shyte run where we've been unable to win. 1 win out of the last 9 has basically taken us out of contention for a play-off place, for no apparant reason. We're playing the same, creating the same number of chances (loads) and barely giving the opponents any, but we're not scoring and we're conceding from almost every attack.

Anyone else get the idea that the game tries to tempt you into taking shit jobs? Every day I get the news that Bristol Rovers have publically announced that Dave Watson's position is safe, and gives me the opportunity to declare my interest in it.

Anyone else get the idea that the game tries to tempt you into taking shit jobs? Every day I get the news that Bristol Rovers have publically announced that Dave Watson's position is safe, and gives me the opportunity to declare my interest in it.

Finished 14th in the end. Sometimes this game gets on my tits, I take over in December and up until the beginning of March we're pretty much unstopabble. When I took over we were around the relegation zone, by March we were play-off contenders. Then we can't beat anybody, and the game resorts to goalkeepers having 9 or 10's whenever we play them (despite only having an average rating of 5 or 6 overall).

Well, I haven't played this game in months but now I'm going back to it.

I get back to it, and about 4 of my players are hurt (Defoe being one <_<)

I'm out of the FM loop though, not being a football fan for the biggest part (outside of watching a game here and there and playing the video games) I'm lost on most of the terms and how to play the game well :P

Oh well, I'll get the hang of it.

it's common knowledge that anybody who doesn't like football is either a girl, or gay.

Or American.... <_<

Or all three. (Y)

Edited by TMM