Football Manager 2006

lazy_arse

conferencefinalday3gb.jpg

Couldn't have asked for a better end to the season than that. I needed Hereford to lose their final game, and I needed to win by at least three goals. Considering we were tipped to struggle in the middle of the table throughout, it was a nice surprise to come away from it with 83 points over all, and never slipping below 8th in the table. Thanks to it being the Conference my transfer options were limited, so I brought in around 15 guys either on free transfers or without a club. I won't have to worry about money as much next season thanks to the promotions, and still yet to play in the FA Trophy final against Accrington. Next season's going to be the big test for me, I just hope I can bring in a few decent players now that I've taken the step up into League Two.

Quick question...seeing as this is the first time I've actually made it to the end of a season withouut starting a new game, does anyone know roughly when the Regens show up?

Edited by Xero Gravity

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

20th of June. I think. That's when most of the new season stuff happens, like fixtures, TV money etc etc. It's possible that you won't get any with a conference team anyway, what are your facillities like?

Southampton is going good for me, got a very young squad. Starting eleven is 10 English and 1 American. Badass.

Well after winning the Carlig Cup and the Championship in the same season, I finally achieved promotion to the Premiership, and was given about £8m to spend on players. Well, that went quickly as I brought in transfer listed Robin van Persie for £4.9 and Anton Ferdinand from relegated West Ham for £3.1m, as well as Thomas Sorensen for free from Aston Villa, and other than that, my team really didn't seem to need massive improvements. Nontheless, I brought in Steven Davis from Villa, Benji DeCeulaer from Feyenoord and Mounir El Hamdaoui from Spurs, all on frees. Then my board gave me a bit more dosh to spend, so I spend it on bringing in Zesh Rehman from Portsmouth for about £2m, and the guy has got brilliant stats at the moment.

So right now, this is how my team looks:

GK: Thomas Sorensen/Federico Bellemo

RB: Francois Clerc/Zesh Rehman

LB: Boldizsar Bodor

CB: Anton Ferdinand

CB: James McEveley/Ryan Garry

RM: Steven Reid/Kennedy Bakircioglu

LM: Robin van Persie

CM: Petit

CM: Laurent Macquet

ST: Corrado Colombo (goal machine in the Championship)

ST: Alexis Sanchez (signed for free from some Columbian club when he was 17, and has been attracting interest from Barcelona, AC and others)

Other than those guys, I have a number of other squad players that include James Beattie, Christian Vieri, Mikael Dahlberg (on loan, good stats, should score some), Salvatore Foti (again, on loan, good stats, should score some goals) Johnannes Djourou, Marc Kalenga, Mathieu Flamini, Sherman Andres Cardenas (again, another free from South America with awesome stats who's wanted by big, big clubs) and Matt Jansen. And a really random signing of Chris Templeman, who I signed when I was in League 1 I think, and never played, but when I got the Championship he started banging in goals before getting injured for 6 months, which shot his stats to hell, so I thought I'd have to sell him, but his stats have improved, and hopefully he'll be back in the squad this year.

Started the season off with a 2-1 win against Man Utd at the Bescott Stadium and a 3-0 loss to Tottenham at White Hart Lane. Could be an interesting season.

Edited by TMM

Anything Andersson makes is awesome, so I'll generally swap between his.

Any chance of a link to some of his stuff?

There used to be loads over at sortitoutsi but I can't seem to see any over the anymore. I'll upload some a bit later, I've got them saved somewhere.

They lost all their files when the site died.

Ugh, we slumped to 6 losses in a row. Lovenkrands and Jeffers just weren't working well together. I mixed about with the tactics, and we've now got 13 points from 10 games, it's a lot better, but still not good enough.

Anyone know of some decent strikers that are happy to play in Division 2? I've taken over at Grimsby, we're 16th in the table (and out of all cup competitions), and they seem to have had a load of trouble scoring.

Anyone know of some decent strikers that are happy to play in Division 2? I've taken over at Grimsby, we're 16th in the table (and out of all cup competitions), and they seem to have had a load of trouble scoring.

Kyle Wilson.

Phil Jagielka (sp?) is my captain, and has put in steady performances for us throughout last season, and into this season. His contract is set to expire next June, and we're now in October. He won't sign a new one. I had the same problem with Michael Tonge last year, and sold him to Man City for a crappy £1m fee. I don't want to sell Jagielka, but I'm becoming increasingly worried that I may have to. He says he'd love to stay at the club, but he's keeping his options open at the moment.

What do I do? Sell him for about £2m? Or keep him, and wait and see if another club will move in for him sometime in the future (which I'm presuming will happen).

I really like some of the other skins about, but I really just can't deal with changing the colours of players' stats (orange means good dammit! not green).

Is it possible to change those colours on the skins? Or any good skins that haven't changed the colours?