Football Manager 2006

lazy_arse

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Argh, the damn game won't even load up for me. I installed the Swoosh skin, loaded up FM. Hit ctrl+alt+del because it froze. Now, it just won't load up at all.

Anyone got any idea?

Edited by Lost Soul

Odd. I went to sign up on the FM fourms looking for logos and kits and apparently apparently I'm banned from it :-S.

Odd. I went to sign up on the FM fourms looking for logos and kits and apparently apparently I'm banned from it :-S.

I'm banned on the SIgames forums for god-knows what reason, it's all rather confusing really.

Hey Monkey Man...

Why is your swoosh all metallic, where as mine is like......Orange and Blue?

It's called FM Swoosh, and it's the grey version, and no the badges don't come with. You can get them all from sortitoutsi.net, some on the site and some on the forums, dunno if they're up again now because they were offline for a bit during the week. The logos and badges are mostly on the forums. Thing is, they only look good on this skin.

Ah, just looked, the forums are mostly dead. (Y)

What he said...wait...that's what I said! Thief!

Anyway, two games left in the Championship with Walsall, already secured promotion and need one little point to win the league. Prior to March, I was on a 18-odd game unbeaten run, but then things started going a bit wrong. Drew two games 0-0, then lost at home 1-0 to Derby, then proceeded to lose again. Finally got a win against Nottingham Forest with Beattie scoring in the 92nd minute.

Oh, and I won the Carling Cup against Charlton. 0-0, and then 5-4 on penalties. During the game they tore me to pieces.

Hoorah guys, I've finally managed to get back into Football Manager. This whole settling into uni and writing/making movies has had me rather distracted.

Bad news however - I decided I would start off managing my local team Middlesbrough. Well. Blow me, but I got relegated on the LAST day of the season. All the results went my way - but I couldn't get the draw I needed to stay up. As the first contract you have is only 1 year and I figured Gibson wasn't going to be happy (despite how cool he is), I decided to bite the bullet and fall on my sword. For the next season I jumped to fellow Championship side Wolves, taking over from Glenn Hoddle. Fantastic season so far. Were in the last playoff position about half way through the season. All positions from 2-9 are up for grabs right now changing on a weekly basis. Ironically, Middlesbrough under Rioch again are looking the likely champions as they have led the league all season. Sods.

In going to Wolves I did manage to bring some of the 'Likely Lads' from the boro however. Doriva came in as my right hand, my veteran captain... and performed shit so he's fallen to third choice. Young Adam Johnson has performed ok as a 2nd choice midfielder/attacker. Kris Boyd who I signed for Middlesbrough for £1.5m and then brought to Wolves for £250k has been a revelation. Has around 11 goals and is looking like the player I first scouted! Signed a bunch of others which are keeping me going, but the core of my team is some great youth players. Wayne Hennessey, welsh goalie (19yrs old?) has become 1st choice and risen in value from £16k to £635k. Unfortunately I think I might have pushed him too soon as his return from an injury has been less than stellar - rating of 5, 6, 6, 7. If we drop out of the playoff positions I'm going to have to drop him :(

Coolest "first time" incident so-far is that on the last day of last season at the Boro I praised Liverpool boss Rafa Benitez big time hoping it would boost his players confidence as I needed pool to win their game if I was to stay up. Well, we became great friends and at the start of the season at Wolves, Rafa sold me a player on the cheap "due to his great friendship with Chris Bell".

Awesome~ I'm now in the process of building relationships with one team in each league in the hope of similar results. Hibs in Scotland, Sevilla in Spain, Nantes in france and Parma in Italy.

Well. I really thought we were going to miss out on a playoff place, and realistically we still could. My Sheffield United side has had a fairly up-and-down first half of the season. We were lingering between 8th - 12th. I decided to crank it up, and said that with 2006 on the horizon, things WOULD improve. Our main notes for the first half of the season were:

- Putting Arsenal out 1-0 in the Carling Cup 3rd round.

- Finding the goal machine that is Peter Lovnkrands,

In the summer I signed:

- Marvin Andrews - £45k

- Amoruso (Blackburn) - £15k

- Peter Lovenkrands - £325k

- Shaun Newton - £300k

Lovenkrands has scored 31 goals in 32 appearances. His value has rocketed, and Man City are chasing him. I have no plans to sell him whatsoever, him and Horsfield (sp?) make an incredible partnership, which I don't intend on disrupting.

January came and things were looking ok for us. Bad news rolled in with Michael Tonge refusing to sign a new contract. I had no other option but to sell him for £1m to Man City. I believe I was smart though in this decision. City are in the bottom three, and if they get relegated, and we get promoted I shall bring him back to Sheffield. To tie us over, I brought in Mark Pembridge from Fulham for £6k, and so far he's done well, but currently is injured. I've gave a 1 year contract to Jari Litmanen, and he's played well in the two games he's had so far.

We're 4th in the Championship. Sadly we're out of both cups. What a treat it would be if we were promoted. I was told to finish in the top-half of the Championship, but things are looking damn well. There still is a long way to go, but hopefully, we can hold on.

Edited by Lost Soul