Football Manager 2006

lazy_arse

I've never started a game off unemployed but my longest game was when I started as Bradford Park Avenue. They didn't have a full squad in game and it seemed like a decent challenge to rebuild a team from scratch that low down (plus they're local). After 8 seasons I managed to get them to League One before getting relegated. I then took a job at Millwall and just sat round mid table for three seasons before taking over at Everton who had just been relegated. Two seasons later I'd taken Everton back into the Premier League and after a few seasons of battling relegation we made the Champions League. Which was satisfying working my way up to the Champions League through four clubs in around 15 years. The most I had for a transfer budget was £1.5million and that was the season after we qualified for the Champions League.

So if you've got the patience to go through a few seasons and put in a lot of hardwork it's worth it to start out low down with a low club or starting out unemployed and jumping at the first team that'll take you because when you do achieve something it means a hell of a lot more.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well I've started off unemployed with about 20 leagues running in 7 countries (no non-league, that'd kill my laptop :P ) and I about three days after the game loaded I was offered the Walsall job. This is on the update patch, so it's got all the January window transfers done.

First season, told to battle bravely against relegation; in February I'm top and nine points clear of Nottingham Forest and damn it was going good. But, I went on a six-game run without a win, which allowed Forest to go five points clear and I just didn't catch up. Finished second, which was a brilliant achievement, so I'm in the Championship now, and two month's in I'm in the upper-mid-table ranks after a summer of shoe-string signings (Marc Kalenga from Rangers was my most expensive signging at £40,000). It's good fun.

Owen's usually crap in my games. But I have a kid in training at Cefn Druids who has a 'Media Comparison' saying he's the next Michael Owen.

1. I'd never seen any media comparison ever in CM/FM.

2. The kid's crap compared to my other U19s.

I'll post a screenshot of it if it's still there when I next load up.

Am I the only one who always gets bored with my game by the 2nd-3rd season? Oh well...

With the new European rules that come into place, how do you groom your own youth players? Any specific tips? Mine always tend to suck whatever I do...

Been playing some more of my Arsenal game. The fact that Defoe is now on 49 goals in 44 games makes up for the fact that every couple of days I get a "Cannot find matches for calendar year" or some such. Doesn't really stop me from playing but it's annyoing and makes me live in fear of my save dying at any point.

Reached the semi finals of the Champions League and have drawn Barca. Now that's quite tough in itself but given they beat Real Madrid 7-0 in the Quarters leaves me more worried.

Edited by King Ellis

I decided to start a new game yesterday and for some reason, i thought managing Southampton would be a laugh. Unfortunately, I seem to have this knack of beating big teams and losing to the crappy ones. I'm currently 9th but Raziak has 9 goals in 10 games

Into the 2007/2008 season as Rangers now. Won the SPL and Scottish Cup in my first season and managed to do the domestic treble in 2006/2007 which also saw me get to the semi-finals of the UEFA Cup. My campaign was going well and really got boosted in January when I signed Riki from Getafe for £3,000,000. Thirty goals in twenty seven games later and Deportivo took him off me for £5,750,000 (BLOODY MINIMUM FEE RELEASE CLAUSE!) Went crazy in the summer, bringing in a lot of young players between 18 and 24 and broke the club signing record, spending £10,000,000 buying Fred from Lyon just before the transfer window. He's already looking like a good investment for me, absolutely ripping the piss out defences.

Class (Y)