Football Manager 2006

lazy_arse

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Everton 2-0 Cefn Druids at Goodison Park. We hung onto 1-0 until the 88th minute. <_<

Then we lost 0-4 at home. *sigh*

But we got tons of cash from the gate receipts, and we're thousands of pounds out of debt. (H)

Yet I still get a shitty wage budget and no transfer money. Luckily I got some awesome free tranfers (released youngsters from Premiership teams, etc) and we won our first game of the season Cefn Druids 6-0 Welshpool.

Aw, yeah. Time to defend my Welsh Cup and try and win the WPL. I've applied for better jobs, but no one likes me. I got offered the Scotland job since Walter Smith retired (I assume since he's not in the game anymore). I accepted of course.

And Brazil retained the World Cup, beating Holland in the final. :)

I'm 32 games into second season and am 7th in league with 52 points, I crashed out of fa cup in 3rd round away to middlesborough 4-3 got to final of league cup but lost to arsenal 5-2. As Arsenal are top of league and guarenteed champs league i think ill still get europe. Got Pazzini for 7mill as tevez wouldn't take a wage cut he is doing well but top scorer Rirodan is out for a month and Kluivert has broke his leg and out for 5 months.

Ormerod is off to the MK Dons in the summer. He's just picked up form though, scoring twice in the 3-0 aggregate win over Real Madrid in the Uefa Cup, who are on their way to a 4th title in five years. My league form has dropped though, few tough fixtures in a row and I'm down to 4th. I'm happy though... hopefully can hold it in place to take a Champions League spot.

Guest Ringmaster The Living Legend

Did you play the dreaded 0-6-5 formation or the 2-2-2-2-2-1?

Edited by Ringmaster The Living Legend

Did you play the dreaded 0-6-5 formation or the 2-2-2-2-2-1?

I've got Drogba in goal, with the arrow going all the way up. Then I've got 4 reserve goal keepers and John Terry as my 5 strikers. Then I've got 5 reserve DCs as my AMCs.

I also lost 47-1 to Trabonzopor or however you spell it, with some player scoring 21 times against me.

EDIT:

Bwhahahahaha.

th_rapepart2.jpg

Why is Michael Owen so deadly in this game? I'm playing as Newcastle and despite pretty much my whole first team being injured we're second in the league thanks to Owen who is top scorer with 21 in the league (and it's still November). The second highest scorer in the Premiership is Henry with 8.

So far this season, with the league, the UEFA cup and the qualifying he's scored 39 goals in 20 games. With another 35-40 games or so to go in the season he's probably going to end up with over 100 goals if he carries on.

Guest Zeokage

Wouldn't that depend on where/which competitions they scored them etc?

Quick question... is it really a good idea to start a game off unemployed? I want to try and work my way up from the bottom to the top. A Conference North club lost it's manager so I've applied. What's the likliness that starting off down in that division would be more beneficial to starting higher up?

Edited by Zeokage